May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin, maybe you might chime in here?
How else was I supposed to take packer's message? If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it but I saw his post as mockery.

JB - How in the world do you take this as mockery to your thread?

we all deserve a participation trophy don't you think? < - We have all been bullied in our lives.
we have all delt with bullies at one time or another.....even the bullies. I just don't log in if I think a bully is waiting for me out there. < - I try to stay away from buillying.

How in the world do you take that as mockery? Am I missing something here - Please let me know Ben. Also, Crispin, in your all knowing wisdom, please enlighten all of us. Thanks!

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
JB - How in the world do you take this as mockery to your thread?

we all deserve a participation trophy don't you think? < - We have all been bullied in our lives.
we have all delt with bullies at one time or another.....even the bullies. I just don't log in if I think a bully is waiting for me out there. < - I try to stay away from buillying.

How in the world do you take that as mockery? Am I missing something here - Please let me know Ben. Also, Crispin, in your all knowing wisdom, please enlighten all of us. Thanks!

The "participation trophy" topic has been discussed around here in the past. The argument was that we need to stop "giving everyone medals" just for showing up, even if they did not do anything to deserve a medal. I thought that was what he was referring to.

I apologize if this is not what packer was intending to say but I asked for clarification and he did not respond, instead he just stormed off. I would say it was possibly a miscommunication because packer did not express himself very well.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually did not think ringfinders post was critical!
We all interpret things based on our own experience. ..perhaps checking out with the person via pm might be helpful, that way no one is offended either way!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't going to respond to this thread, but seems a good spot for a quote from a good friend......" Control your emotions , of someone else will"!

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Well now that I am being ganged up on, I think it is time to bow out of my own thread.

IT WAS A SIMPLE MISUNDERSTANDING. It was between me and packer and packer chose to "storm off" rather than clear the air. He still has not clearned it up so this is all speculation by outside parties - making me look like the bad guy.

SO SORRY PEOPLE, WONT HAPPEN AGAIN! Good grief...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
squiggy:

Lots of people are bold when they don't post using their real names.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My thoughts on evolution are: A giraffe evolved a long neck to overcome feeding problems, a camel evolved a hump to overcome lack of water,a giraffe was always a giraffe,a camel was always a camel. Humans now have devolved from what they were created to be,just look around,not much decent human conduct I can see! GodBless Chris

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
squiggy:

Lots of people are bold when they don't post using their real names.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

HUH?

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now that I am being ganged up on, I think it is time to bow out of my own thread.

IT WAS A SIMPLE MISUNDERSTANDING. It was between me and packer and packer chose to "storm off" rather than clear the air. He still has not clearned it up so this is all speculation by outside parties - making me look like the bad guy.

SO SORRY PEOPLE, WONT HAPPEN AGAIN! Good grief...

Hey JB my friend...it's a good thread and you had the courage to start it!
Nobody is bad or good...I hope we can move forward..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey JB my friend...it's a good thread and you had the courage to start it!
Nobody is bad or good...I hope we can move forward..

People are neither bad nor good,what they do is bad or good,they are still people.We are receivers of a Q,that is why I said, ever wonder where your thoughts come from? Like a radio with all the signals in the air,it can only receive ONE and play it out.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
jerseyben:

When I first read the name of this thread I thought it was "Ben's Belly Busters" - a review of new hamburger joint.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ALL react from past experiences! !

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought of some words of wisdom for everybody: "Wise men say in times of trouble: mother Mary come to me. Speaking words of wisdom, "Let it be. Let it be."

DJs...please

Crispin

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
squiggy:

The point I was trying to make is that many people on the Internets are aggressive because they think they are anonymous. It's easy to talk tough if a person thinks it will never come back to haunt them. Additionally, of course, none of the back-and-forth is face-to-face. Like having the bar courage to yell at somebody on the telephone.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Here you go.....

Just thought of some words of wisdom for everybody: "Wise men say in times of trouble: mother Mary come to me. Speaking words of wisdom, "Let it be. Let it be."

DJs...please

Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ben,

You started the thread with good intentions....just because of a little dust up don't walk away from it....as mentioned by others most of us at some time or another had to deal with bullies....just part of the human condition.

Maybe I'm just hard headed but when I believe I have a valid point I generally refuse to back down....I don't get riled very often but when I do....Crispin had the benefit of seeing me in action....lol...

On the upside generally people will respect those who stand by their convictions....even though they may not always agree
with them.....I'll get off my soapbox now....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread