Gold and Silver photo dowsing - this is only a test

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Clone
Warning! Proceed with caution! Coyote has the power to get you banned from the world wide interweb. He knows your IP and the mods of hundreds of thousands of forums. 8-)

LOL! I was worried about that for a bit, but then I realized that he probably meant that he was going to fire off a few e-mails, and as long as they got within 50 feet of the person he sent it to, he'd be happy with that.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
DLAND.png Okay, having issues getting this image sent PM, so I'll just post it here. This area contains a 4 inch water line coming off the city main, the buried electrical cable to my home, the buried septic tank and leach field, and an 3/4 inch water line that is no longer used. And please excuse the mess, around the time of this picture I had just bought 3 metal buildings from a city auction and the piles you see are those three buildings dissassembled.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Coyote, for reference, the circle on this picture is your proposed "zone of accuracy." That circle is approximately 100 feet wide, which fits your 50 foot buffer zone. Do you see now why no one took your rant seriously? That's a great big honking area, and for you to say that "If I dowse an item within that circle, then you have to accept that I know how to dowse!"

Attachments

• DLAND w circle.png
    DLAND w circle.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 161

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, didnt realize the map was gonna be so small. In an area of 100 square miles I have narrowed items down to 50 feet. Which is a lot better than someone with a metal detector can do. I will give it a try. I never dowse lines unless onsite so it will be a new experience. I love how you all can blow things out of proportion. What else it suppose to be here besides junk? Do the water and electrical lines extend past the edge of the photo?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sorry, didnt realize the map was gonna be so small. In an area of 100 square miles I have narrowed items down to 50 feet. Which is a lot better than someone with a metal detector can do. I will give it a try. I never dowse lines unless onsite so it will be a new experience. I love how you all can blow things out of proportion. What else it suppose to be here besides junk? Do the water and electrical lines extend past the edge of the photo?

Thank you Coyote! Do you see what can be accomplished when we talk to each other instead of jumping to conclusions? I did mention that the area of the photo was only about two acres, and the 4 inch water line does extend out of frame, but everything else is contianed in the picture. And I'm not really sure anything else will be found, but you never can tell. It should be a good test either way.

Also, in a new thread I just posted a photo of an area, a park in town that was just opened up after being a golf course for about 90 years, that I've been detecting recently. I marked the spots where I've found gold and silver, but since the park is so large, I really feel like I'm missing some prime areas. Give it a look if you have time, I'd be interested in what you have to say about it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~ClonedSIM~
Coyote, for reference, the circle on this picture is your proposed "zone of accuracy." That circle is approximately 100 feet wide, which fits your 50 foot buffer zone. Do you see now why no one took your rant seriously? That's a great big honking area, and for you to say that "If I dowse an item within that circle, then you have to accept that I know how to dowse!"
Hey Destry...Seems like he knows nothing about map dowsing...Art

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cloned
I PMed you my photo which you can post when you would like. I didn't want to give anyone else ideas.

There was a lot of interference with all of the metal buildings and other items so I went to the alternate method.

Common sense. If I knew where the hose bibs were around the house or a cleanout I could be more precise.

Let me know if close.

V

Last edited:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I appreciate everyone's responses! Here's the photo with the water and electrical lines marked. The blue line running from northwest to southeast is the 4 inch water line, the septic and leach field are marked by the blue boxes on the left side of the photo, the red is the electrical, and the black is a line that was working when we bought the land, but because it was hooked to the neighbor's well, we cut that line off entirely.

And Vor is right, there are literally 4-5 tons of metal stacked around the land that I'm slowly using up, that may very well be causing issues.

Attachments

• DLAND.png
    DLAND.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 91

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I am new to this. One year and six months ago I started dowsing so here it is: Red is power, dark blue is 4 inch water, light blue is septic, red dot is septic tank and black is old 3/4 inch water...

View attachment 753065

This is my fault, Coyote. The photo I posted doesn't actually show my house, it was the one location that I could reduce in size and still have all of my utilities on it. The house is actually in the upper left-hand corner, you can just seee the edge of the roofline. The buildings in the middle of the screen are all storage.

But if you want to give it a go, I posted a photo of the park I've been hunting that was reclaimed from a 90-year-old golf course. I know I've dug silver and gold from the area, I just ran into a dry streak for the good stuff. I'd love for you to take a look if you have time.

Last edited:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cloned
I PMed you my photo which you can post when you would like. I didn't want to give anyone else ideas.

There was a lot of interference with all of the metal buildings and other items so I went to the alternate method.

Common sense. If I knew where the hose bibs were around the house or a cleanout I could be more precise.

Let me know if close.

V

You were really close, Vor! You got the electrical line and the 4 inch line right on, and you were really close on the unused line as well.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were really close, Vor! You got the electrical line and the 4 inch line right on, and you were really close on the unused line as well.

Don't worry, I will not have your IP banned from every forum known to man.

You got more responses than I did on my gold/silver dowsing.

V

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your looking for gold, bring along the MD and leave the photos at home

EDIT out most of post.

But until someone can really show that they located gold or silver with their dowsing ability I will have to call this myth "busted".

HH
V

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~
To me, the most striking thing about this thread is not whether someone is right or wrong. It is that the self proclaimed dowsers do not have the cojones to have their results posted on a public forum for fear that their image will be tarnished for life (aside from Okie and the member that posted here but it is now gone). It is too hard to accept that you really don't have the power.
Gee guy...Our maps are posted most every day on this public forum...No power needed just knowledge...
Truth matters. If it works, great. If not, its still OK to pass the time if that is what you enjoy. But don't waste someone's time sending them on a wild gold chase.
I did not sent you on a wild gold chase so what’s your problem.
I still have an open mind and hope that someday I will find someone that truly has the power to aid in my searches. It could even be you
This does not fit
But until someone can really show that they located gold or silver with their dowsing ability I will have to call this myth "busted".
What myth do you now claim has been “busted”...Art

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~vor~

Gee guy...Our maps are posted most every day on this public forum...No power needed just knowledge...

I did not sent you on a wild gold chase so what’s your problem.

This does not fit

What myth do you now claim has been “busted”...Art

Aart
Guess you grabbed my post before I deleted. In reference to your comments:

Yes, "you guys" will circle a large number of "targets" on photo after photo. But I still haven't seen evidence that something significant was ever found at these general locations. I say "general" as the circles may be a hundred feet in diameter. You would think that eventually the squirrel will find the nut.

No, you didn't send me on a wild gold chase. I don't recall your participation but hopefully I didn't miss it.

The myth that is "busted" is that you can dowse a photo and find gold or silver targets.

Like I said in the title, if you want find gold, bring along your MD.

V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~
Guess you grabbed my post before I deleted. In reference to your comments:

Yes, "you guys" will circle a large number of "targets" on photo after photo. But I still haven't seen evidence that something significant was ever found at these general locations. I say "general" as the circles may be a hundred feet in diameter. You would think that eventually the squirrel will find the nut.
Some people give us feedback but most don’t. Yes we may be off but will get you in the area.
No, you didn't send me on a wild gold chase. I don't recall your participation but hopefully I didn't miss it.
right
The myth that is "busted" is that you can dowse a photo and find gold or silver targets.
I did not see any proof of that staement
Like I said in the title, if you want find gold, bring along your MD.
Gold Dredges, Trommels, gold pans, Sluices, gold screws and many other tools are more effective than a MD..Art

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-I don't know who's mind you think you changed on here. This "test" was poorly put together. A proper "testing" of map dowsing will never happen on a forum such as this. Too many variables. I think you must have deleted some or all of a post I read on here earlier. You think some of us are too "sensitve" to hear your assessment of what you think the "truth" to map dowsing is. If you had eye-witnessed successful map dowsing in person at your own sites would you then believe it? Questionable. Do you think that we are all too stupid, naive or gullible to not be able to figure out the "truth" on our own?

You mentioned having read some of my stories but apparently they did not convey to you the FACT that I have seen all forms of dowsing work using my own eyes and powers of deduction. Just because you have not witnessed something yourself has absolutely NO BEARING on what I have seen in person while being part of a set of dowsing tests conducted on a very proficient dowser more than 20 years ago. I don't think most of us really care at this point what you or the other skeptics wish to believe as to the merits of all things dowsing.

I own my own L-Rods which I rarely use as I don't consider myself to be the dowser in my own world. They have worked when I needed them to. I have other dowsers that are better than me. It is similar to using a computer. I can get by but I have people that are many times over better than me so I let them be the expert. As with many things there are people that claim to be good at dowsing that aren't. They make outrageous claims that they cannot back up. This is no reason to judge all dowsers as being incompetent or out-and-out frauds.

Something that the skeptics don't consider is that it is not that easy for ANYONE using ANY method to find gold. Lots of the T-Net members list a half a dozen different detectors that they use. They are constantly detecting and digging but I would be willing to bet that they rarely find any gold. The same with dowsing. My experts have decided that dowsing finds anomalies which is basically something different in the ground than what is around it. These are way more likely to be other forms of metal other than gold or silver. I would guess that for every piece of gold found by a regular metal detector the operator will find hundreds if not thousands of pieces of worthless junk. The point is that no matter what method you use nothing is 100% or even close to that in guaranteeing that you will find hidden riches. You have to dig and dig and dig and dig some more and maybe then you will get lucky and find something of value.

I received a contract today from the production company that wants to do a treasure hunting show. There is no way I will sign it. It is not that important to me to be in the limelight at this time. We are going to get more serious about digging up the treasures. I will take fortune over fame at this time.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread