OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aart said:
Gold Dredges, Trommels, gold pans, Sluices, gold screws and many other tools are more effective than a MD..Art

Please don't twist this around. You are well aware that this thread was about locating gold coins and silver bars.

vor- Do you think that we are all too stupid, naive or gullible to not be able to figure out the "truth" on our own?

No. I am not here to insult anyone. I was merely conducting a test. I do think that there are many that have the notion in their head that dowsing works and will find some way to justify the results which in turn reinforces their beliefs.

In regards to your beliefs, they were amassed by reading your book (available at mytreasurestory.com for $7.99). While you may possess dowsing equipment and possibly a LRL, you have stated that you have never found any of the gold, silver or diamonds that were dowsed by your friend Ovid. Yet you still believe. While you are free to have your beliefs, I am free to have mine which is that dowsing is not the way to find caches of gold, silver or even diamonds.
I do recall that you stated that Ovid did find a neighbor's mule with his mule tooth pendulum. But was it because of dowsing or because he used common sense to go where the mule usually goes while shaking a bucket of oats?

I have repeatedly given you credit for following through on your beliefs. I was particularly impressed by the effort you put into your Englewood digs which were dowsed locations. Not many on here that have the passion to go through what you did. Your photo (which you previously posted) of Ovid at the dig. No gold or silver but a lot of heart.

ovid and the hole from hell.jpg Caption: Ovid is pointing down to where a pirate chest is located. I think it broke loose and sunk down to deep for us to get to.

This is no reason to judge all dowsers as being incompetent or out-and-out frauds.

As stated above, I do not think that dowsers are incompetent or frauds. Most just have a belief that reason and truth cannot change.
I have stated that I have an open mind and maybe someday I will run across a dowser that does have psychic powers. He will probably be sitting on a ton of gold and silver. And maybe even a coffee can full of diamonds. And possibly a coral full of wayward mules.

HH all
V

Last edited:
OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for stopping by vor...You have done your skeptic job..Bye-Bye...Art

I understand that sometimes the truth hurts. But it is what it is.
V

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Haha, Gotta have some fun with that pic of the scrap yard. Then putting Ellie May on top of the truck brought it all back in to focus. There's oil in that yard! Black Gold, Texas Tea, and now with Ellie May, even a full set of teeth :icon_biggrin:

:tchest:

Most of the scrap out there is what remains of three metal buildings that I bought from our city government. They acquired the land under the buildings and auctioned the buildings with the caveat that whoever purchased the buildings had to move them. I ended up paying just $113 for each building, $339 total. Between the sheet metal, the red iron girders and beams and all of the other various bits, we calculated the retail cost of the metal somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000.

I'm using it now to build a metal fence around my land, a barn and one very large garage, for basically free. I even thought at one point about flipping the whole mess and selling everything off as scrap, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it, since nearly every bit of it is usable to me.

For instance, my neighbor down the street just had a metal fence erected on his land, nearly exactly the same fence as I'm putting up. He had about a 100 foot run installed as he has less land, but he said that it cost him nearly $4,500. I'm beyond 300 feet with mine right now, and all it's cost me is time, bottle refills for my cutting torch, and a couple boxes of welding rods.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-There is a difference between just reading words in a book and being able to comprehend what it all means. The mule in the story was dead. Ovid did not follow any trail of oats. Did you forget the wallets found? The pot of gold behind the barn? The gold and silver for the Fisher group? The 50 caliber shell that was exactly where and at the exact depth he said it was? The test of the dowsing on the beach? The articles in the orange grove that were the exact depth and location he pinpointed? The brass shotgun shell that was exactly where and the exact depth he pinpointed from 150 feet? The pile of non-ferrous metal that some claim to be copper wire while many others claim to be silver that is the exact size and spot on the ground that others have pinpointed with various metal detectors? All done with a pendulum. There are more, but of course you will ignore my point. The skeptics pick and choose the results that fit their argument. I HAVE REPEATEDLTY WITNESSED SUCCESSFUL DOWSING WITH MY OWN EYES! Does that we mean we dug up treasure? FYI treasure is a little harder to come across. The easy stuff is mostly gone. There is a reason I am still digging. It is because I BELIEVE.

I have said that I have tested dowsing with children and 90%+ of them were 100% successful. Are you going to call me a liar about this? I have used my own rods to pinpoint the exact location of utility lines using only L-Rods with witnesses present. Do you think I am making this up or lying? I have talked to dozens upon dozens of plumbers and utility workers that use dowsing on a daily basis with near 100% accuracy. Do you think they are all lying to me?

vor-You and all your skeptic cohorts need to get over yourselves. DOWSING WORKS! If you have not seen it or cannot do it THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! I and all the dowsers on here are tired of all the negative CRAP and demands to prove something to you all that I have been reading on Treasurenet since I joined a year ago. If you don't want to believe it, GO AWAY!!! We do not need any of your or others approval. Do you comprehend what I am writing here? Did you get tired of harrassing SEPaMan on his thread. Are you bored and lonely? Do you get the feeling I am quite pissed off? Who do you and the other skeptics think you are? The judges and jury of Treasurenet? Read the rules! If you don't agree or believe in what is on a thread, MOVE ON! Get it? HH

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-Here's the deal. You either believe that dowsing can work or you don't. We believers have had personal experiences that have convinced us that it does. NOTHING any of the naysayers say will convince us otherwise. I don't know why any of you even try. If you don't believe it can work there can only be a few reasons why. 1. Someone told you or you have read that it doesn't work. 2. You have tried it yourselves and were not successful. 3. You have personally tested in person enough people that claim they can dowse and none of them could pass your tests. 4. You have witnessed dowsing and although it seemed to work you feel it was just luck or coincidence. Now think about it, do any of these prove anything as far as why should someone that is new to all this consider us all frauds, scammers, BS artists, hoaxers, etc?

I have never seen any of the dowsers on this forum seek to charge up front for any of their dowsing help. At most they may ask to receive some sort of reward if they help someone find something of value. Why would they go to all the trouble to continue to help anyone that comes on to the dowsing forum asking for help if they didn't honestly believe in dowsing? Everything is fine until the skeptics come onto this forum trying to force the dowsers to prove themselves. Please tell me why they do this. Why can't they just ignore this forum and spread their negativity elsewhere? What is their motive?

vor-Do you think the dowsers are not smart enough to figure out if it works? Do you think they are only kidding themselves? Do you think it is some kind of scam? Do you think that when I and others claim that we have seen proof positive that it works that we are lying? People have been claiming to be able to dowse for thousands of years. How do you explain this? Were all stupid? I am sorry but this all just seems to make the skeptics look uneducated (stupid?).

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BDD
Hope you are having a better day. No, I have not called anyone a fraud, scammer or anything else for that matter.

Nor did I "come onto this forum trying to force the dowsers to prove themselves". It was at the suggestion of a dowser on another thread that I set up a test, which I did. Only you have the results from that dowser and I will take your word that it is inconclusive.

For those that enjoy dowsing as a hobby with no intent on finding anything, great. For those that enjoy dowsing with the intent of finding something, great too. However, this whole thread was brought up as someone was kind enough to dowse some homesteads I have.

When dowsers "locate targets" for someone like me to spend my time searching those areas, it would be nice to know if there is any chance whatsoever of finding what I am looking for. That is the reason it is relevant and the purpose of this thread.

If not for the hobby aspect, we have to call gold/silver dowsing as doubtful at best. The proof is in the pudding.

Good intentions are great, however, results are what counts. It is called accountability and it means a lot in the real world.

I will agree with you that those who believe will never be convinced otherwise...regardless of the number of empty holes they leave behind.

In regards to your rant a couple of nights ago:

The only thing of real value that you list as having been located by dowsing (along with most of the lesser items) is purely hearsay from Ovid. I will not get into this discussion as it is already on several forums on this board. While that is fine for you to believe, it is far from fact.

I know that you believe the trial for the kids was conclusive evidence and I know you truly believe. I am not doubting that.

BDD said:
DOWSING WORKS! If you have not seen it or cannot do it THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! I and all the dowsers on here are tired of all the negative CRAP and demands to prove something to you all that I have been reading on Treasurenet since I joined a year ago. If you don't want to believe it, GO AWAY!!! We do not need any of your or others approval. Do you comprehend what I am writing here? Did you get tired of harrassing SEPaMan on his thread.

I am not being negative and you and the other dowsers need skeptics for a reality check from time to time. Patting each other on the back does nothing in the search for the truth, only to reinforce what you already believe. I do comprehend what you are writing but maybe you should funnel the energy you use in angry outburst to do something positive.

Find your treasure and post some photos if you would like. That would convince me. In reference to your repeated reference to that other thread, just read sepaman.wordpress.com. It will answer some questions.

Hope we all find our gold.
V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Bigdogdad..I guess when you read a lot of skeptic web sites it makes you think that you know it all...I showed them some gold nuggets and yet they will not believe what they see...And yes I have dug a lot of empty holes but taking a treasure out of them seems to always leave them empty... I have also tested kids with about the same results that you have reported..We don’t need skeptics to give use a reality check as we have friends and families who know what we can do..Art

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BDD
Hope you are having a better day.

I am not being negative and you and the other dowsers need skeptics for a reality check from time to time. Patting each other on the back does nothing in the search for the truth, only to reinforce what you already believe. I do comprehend what you are writing but maybe you should funnel the energy you use in angry outburst to do something positive.

Find your treasure and post some photos if you would like. That would convince me. In reference to your repeated reference to that other thread, just read sepaman.wordpress.com. It will answer some questions.

Hope we all find our gold.
V

Actually we had another skeptic start in just the week before and personally, I don't need it. It's just more negative energy being spread by people who can't comprehend what we do here. When you're done here, then next week there will be another one. The only reality is that skeptics never stop trying to prove us wrong or they want to constantly beat it out of us by constantly saying that we are wrong, or nothing has ever been proved in the last 5000 years, etc. If you want to go out and try it and are asking questions to learn positive answers, that's ok and that's how this post started, but as with most of them, this has deteriorated into bad attitudes and I don't mean you Vor, you just opened another can of worms for others to chime in on. One that we will be answering in another thread started by someone else next month and again and again. To me this thread has become pointless. Maybe if you wait another 5000 years before asking again? Now that would be positive thinking :) It's just like good and evil, evil always tries to say it doesn't exist or prove that there's no such thing. It's all just negative energy or whatever they want to call it but it couldn't be evil... Evil always wants to be good but it just doesn't understand that there is a difference that it can't comprehend. So as a skeptic, does evil exist? It's the same basic question you asked, just in a different light.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote: From Vor ...Only you have the results from that dowser and I will take your word that it is inconclusive.

I sent you results to,to the email you gave me,and it did not come back,yes i dowsed 3 picture's you had posted,i did not dowse the (only) 1 picture you sent BDD.... i sent 3 picture to BDD and none of these 3 was like,the (!)picture you sent him BDD,And yes it was another picture,the big tree in the middle ....to the right a small tree....this tree is not the same in all 4 picture , and yes i still have all 4 picture's,i can post them,if you like to see the difference.

If you dont mind posting, that would be good. Anyone else wish to participate?

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie
The photos you sent went directly to BDD. I now have them. Let me know if OK for me to post here.

I added the link back to the Original post that started this thread if anyone else cares to participate.

V

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rechecked the Link There are only 3 picture's there, anybody can dowse these 3 picture with a 100% but they still be wrong with your 4 picture they don't get to dowse it ,the 4 picture you judge bye,and it's not there to dowse.

There are only three. The fourth is the marked locations I sent to BDD.
Guess you were sent locations?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Desertphile~
Every test of dowsing has resulted in only change outcome. If dowsing works, dowsers would be lined up to take the JREF US$1,000,000 prize--- and yet the JREF has to beg and plead to have dowsers come and take the million dollars, and almost none of them do.

I'm very sorry, but dowsing does not work.
No...No one has ever failed the JREF Challenge because no one has ever been allowed to take it...We have all saw the infomercials’ and saw people like you conned ...Art

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Desertphile-Since you came onto this thread appearing to want to straighten us all out on the fact that dowsing can't work would you please explain your own personal dowsing experiences and tests. If you are basing your "facts" on what you have read or been told I am afraid that does not give you the credibility to claim to know the truth. If this is the case please do not waste our time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread