Hi....

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
I am also in Northern Virginia - Fairfax.

Anyone in Herndon, Sterling, Falls Church, and other towns - if your city/town is incorporated and the small local parks are not controlled by Ffx County, check with the town hall - it is possible that they may allow you to MD in the town parks and playgrounds. Ditto the city/town schools.

eagle1eye

May 9, 2007
Re: Hi....From Shenandoah Valley

I live in Augusta county between Staunton & Waynesboro. Looking for hunting partners with or without places to hunt. Got a few here, just need to find time. Thanks

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Silvernickel, What part of warrenton? Welcome to tnet...excellant source's here to share and research ...so have fun and happy hunting....By the way...The most resourceful researcher I think is PBK....He is hard to beat!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi...just getting into this thread a tad late....but nevertheless...I'm here.......in Manassas. I've only been MD'ng about 8 months, but am addicted to it. And now that I'm retired from the govt........I've got the itch to learn all I can about MD'ng.....just am not sure how and where. Have been sticking mainly with the beaches. Lots of pretty sites there, ya know....... ::)
--Mel

borninok

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Re: Hi....From Shenandoah Valley

eagle1eye said:
I live in Augusta county between Staunton & Waynesboro. Looking for hunting partners with or without places to hunt. Got a few here, just need to find time. Thanks

Eagle,

I'm in the Buffalo Gap area, and just started detecting a month or two ago. Have a lot going on right now with yard/garden, and don't get out as much as I'd like. Drop me an e-mail, maybe we can hook up!

Rowdy

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hi Michelle and all my TH'ing Friends

Hi Michelle
I am in Sterling and coin and relic search. Interested in a group search? My two TH'ing buddies and I are currently searching a Union encampment and to date have recovered more than 300 drops, 5 coins, 50 plus buttons, and a piece of a CSA round canon ball, plus all sorts of other metal, glass, and clay items. The list of found drops is interesting I think; mostly 54 Sharps, a few 52 Sharps, 36 and 44 pistol bullets, 50 and 58 Balls, 575 three ringers, 58 three ringers, and so far two 69 Musketoons, also a few odd balls 36 and 44 balls, shots from 'Ball and Shot rounds, 25 cal pistol bullets, and the list goes on.
Hope to hear from you sometime.
Dave
'Digger-Dave'
THing4CSA
PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

Attachments

• 2 US Cuff and 1 Jacket Button.JPG
    2 US Cuff and 1 Jacket Button.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 578
  • 5-13-2006 finds.JPG
    5-13-2006 finds.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 571
  • 7-29-2006 Finds.JPG
    7-29-2006 Finds.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 563
  • Closeup of 8-19-2006 Encampment finds.JPG
    Closeup of 8-19-2006 Encampment finds.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 562
  • Sharps 54 and 44 Cal Bullets.JPG
    Sharps 54 and 44 Cal Bullets.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 559
  • 2 US Cuff and 1 Jacket Button.JPG
    2 US Cuff and 1 Jacket Button.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 575
  • 5-13-2006 finds.JPG
    5-13-2006 finds.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 560
  • 7-29-2006 Finds.JPG
    7-29-2006 Finds.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 561
  • Closeup of 8-19-2006 Encampment finds.JPG
    Closeup of 8-19-2006 Encampment finds.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 556
  • Sharps 54 and 44 Cal Bullets.JPG
    Sharps 54 and 44 Cal Bullets.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 558
  • two 58 Cal Round Ball Shot CSA.JPG
    two 58 Cal Round Ball Shot CSA.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 553

montgomeryjrm

Nov 28, 2007
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ex II, Whites eagle II, Whites spectrum xlt
I live in Staunton, I am just now starting to research the history on this place. There are some things that I have noticed that I would like to detect. But I am game for going with someone to detect with.

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Hi michelle, I'm a fellow culparion, I have had some luck around town and in my yard. I've been hitten just off sperryville pike lately, some bullets and some knapsack parts I'm hoping to find the good stuff soon.....

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Howdy y'all, Michelle, Gary, Ann, and all the other Tenders. I'm glad to finally show up to the party. I kinda feel all lonely over here in Williamsburg. Here it is pretty much "detectors" off unless you have permission to detect on private property. Sometimes that can be hard to get. Only been detecting since about Jan 08. I must say I have been very lucky to find such a great group of people to associate with and learn from. Thanks all and I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well...we sure do have a bunch of Virginian's here :wink:

I just want to open the invitation again....you are more than welcomed to come along to the Pipsico Hunts...next one in October 2008.

The date is not set in stone yet....it will be about a month before we know as BSA works on their Winter Calender.

But here's the link to the thread, if interested....

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,150549.0.html

Also, another thread is asking if anyone would be willing to assist in giving the Boy Scouts at Pipsico at the Summer Camp this year...a presentation. This is a great opportunity to let folks (even the adults there)..to learn about metal detectorists. BSA Tidewater asked. Ron and I will be there and I really hope many of you would be able to give some time so we can give a presentation. Here's the thread:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,151073.new.html

I hope to have the summer camp dates soon..

Thanks for reading,
Annmarie

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jc in culpeper said:
Hi michelle, I'm a fellow culparion, I have had some luck around town and in my yard. I've been hitten just off sperryville pike lately, some bullets and some knapsack parts I'm hoping to find the good stuff soon.....
Great Good Luck to you...the pike is loaded...just gotta hit the right spots!

Sylth

Apr 11, 2008
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
White's M6 w/ Sunray Probe & a Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Woodbridge, VA here, up in Prince William County. Old area, but almost none of it is left due to recent urban sprawl :'(

Still, I find it very interesting finding out the local history; makes me wish I could actually see what it looked like back then.

Did I mention it seems I'm the only MD-er in the area? Been living here for 20 years and never seen even ONE person lugging a MD around...

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone I'm from Front Royal and have been MDing for about 6 months anyone interested in doing some research and digging drop me a note.

Good luck to everyone

Hutch

montgomeryjrm

Nov 28, 2007
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ex II, Whites eagle II, Whites spectrum xlt
Well no longer live in Staunton, VA. Now live in Gainesville, VA. Needless to say I have not MD'd in almost a year since moving here. From what I understand I cannot hunt public parks around here. But I did ask a police officer who lives by me and he didn't have a clue as to what the law was. But I am sure if they show up to the park, the one that shows up will know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread