Hi....

Cladder

Sep 30, 2009
Richmond, Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, minelab xterra 70
Hi, I am new to MDing, and i am right here in Richmond over in the west end. I just got an F2 and found my first pieace of cladd on sunday, a 1917 wheatie.That was at the back yard of our new house, I think the person there before me must have always thrown out there old pennies cause i keep finding them all over the hard, so i have found 5 of them now.

About Richmond city, I have called the parks and rec and they sadi absolutly not. I did call over to powhatan county, and they said there is no written law about MD in the public parks, and they have a large park there with wooded trails that i would like to hit. There is also a place in Powhatan called Mosbey Tavern that was supposed to be the main building of the town way back when.

Would love to go MD with anyone from this area.

Cladder

Sep 30, 2009
Richmond, Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, minelab xterra 70
Sylth said:
Woodbridge, VA here, up in Prince William County. Old area, but almost none of it is left due to recent urban sprawl :'(

Still, I find it very interesting finding out the local history; makes me wish I could actually see what it looked like back then.

Did I mention it seems I'm the only MD-er in the area? Been living here for 20 years and never seen even ONE person lugging a MD around...

I read some history that mentioned Prince william county, would figure that you could find aliot there.

Walleye

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thread... lets fire it back up !!!! I am new to the area as you have probably read in the other old posts I replied to... Glen Allen. If you want some company on a hunt let me know, if I find a few places others are more than welcome to join me.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread