OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol shortstack, i love the sea hag. i thought that small hoyo was heart shaped too. on the horse ears,they are super sharp even close. someone dropped a V rock between two larger stones the to make the ears. i know its alot harder for you guys to make calls on things from one angle of a photo. i allways try and be very carefull i dont move anything,ill have to start photographing the construction better.how some of this stuff didnt move from all the years of monsoon seasons is something. yes shortstack that small hoyo sure is a good clue on this site as far as a cache, its right behind me,close to the large stone you pointed out with the red arrow. there is a triangle there,one leg of triangle is dead north, middle point of triangle cuts that stone. cant say if it plant or stone? this site seems so much more pure and old than others ,i know there is much more there,alot is faded. thanks for the input

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, I got to looking for symbols and such in this photo and found a couple of upside down hearts up on top of the big main stone. Circled in yellow. Then I saw that little owl hoyo below the horse hole. Then, I looked at the "gold" vein and wondered if it could actually BE gold and why was it there??

That's when I sat back and FINALLY looked at the whole monument and my "pucker factor" jumped up BIG time. Dog, this thing is a DEATH TRAP. Anybody messing with that vein stone or any of the smaller rocks I've put the large, black "Xs" on and that big assed rock I put the big red "X" on will kill them. After all of that looking and marking; I finally spotted the warning sign. There's a devil / demon face in the sloppy, red circle, hugging the left side of the "kill" stone. That "gold" vein is the bait. Why would anyone leave a wide streak of pure gold in the open like that?? So a sucker might "zero" in on THAT and not pay attention to the other things until they tripped the trap..........then, too late. IF that is real gold, it probably won't be very thick. But, hey at today's gold values, a little bit goes a long way. Still not worth getting that boulder on top of your "haid". :)

Be careful with this thing, dog.

Attachments

• 92812 325-dogtthr.jpg
    92812 325-dogtthr.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Dogtthr:
Bringing this thread back to the top to ask you what came of this thing??

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Dogtthr:
Bringing this thread back to the top to ask you what came of this thing??

He is going to activate the thing and post a video on youtube about it...

no really, what does your metal detector say about that vein?

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shortstack and usernotfound, i havent been back to that area yet to check on that(still working on getting the legs in shape for that goat climb again, i had to leave half my pack supplys last trip,i couldnt carry the weight). but i belive it is just green patina like in this photo. but that is the area in going to try and make the discovery and recovery on.its there and i know iam real close. heres the green patina photo. View attachment 699307

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a stone set up from that area that i belive is showing me the long narrow passage to the vault chamber area,just a guess on my part. View attachment 699308 View attachment 699309

Dog, these two guys are interesting. The rock on the right, has a human face with a squint-eyed look; looking to the right. The left stone is the face of a human wearing a close fitting helmet (miner's helmet??) OR it is the head of a turtle with the first fold of neck skin rolling up on his head as if he's bring his head out of the shell........or pulling it back to hide or sleep. ??

I was recently reading some downloaded posts of a knowledgeable person who wrote that on low hoyos, like this, you get down with your head on the ground and look through the hoyo and look for some sign or indication that will be partially buried in the ground. Those later indicators, will penpoint the dig spot(s). NOW, is this true, I don't know for sure, but the person posting that comment supposedly knew what he was talking about. This was written by an old member who hasn't posted on TNet for a long time. :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shortstack and usernotfound, i havent been back to that area yet to check on that(still working on getting the legs in shape for that goat climb again, i had to leave half my pack supplys last trip,i couldnt carry the weight). but i belive it is just green patina like in this photo. but that is the area in going to try and make the discovery and recovery on.its there and i know iam real close. heres the green patina photo. View attachment 699307

That's a lot of gold, how are you going to carry it all?:tongue3: need help?

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shortstack i like that ideal on the hoyo.i have been doing some studies and photographing them,and thru the holes to see what shows up. even the rock carrins with hoyos i have been working on them, collecting the data. i really dont want to make a call on it yet. do you know if those stone on the ground with no stone underneath(just earth) is still consider a hoyo? i kinda thought of a hoyo as surrounded by stone. i do look thru them photograph them.still working on the data. thanks for the info,i like it.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
dog,,, on your post with the 3 pics,, on the bottom pic is a fella/packhorse with signs on his body and he is pointing to the right with his arm,, his arm is sighted along a flat top rock,, it is just above the light blue arrow in the pic,, what is he pointing too?

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gee tosoro dog,i wish the opening to this treasure room. i belive this is a super rich treasure room in this area,i have found some really great stuff stone wise here. i think this spot would make victoreio peak look like chump change.its here,i cant find the way in.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dogtthr:
There's a snake head (or a Gila Monster lizard) inside of the hoyo, on the right side. is pretty detailed to be just decoration. It is important.....maybe a pointer. It does have some symbols on it, too. In the photo of the rock pile, there is a black-cat looking figure up inside of the large owl cutout, on the right side. There is also a large "M" looking figure that I do not think is an "M", but in fact, 2 upside down "V"s because the center point comes down to the same level as the ends of the outside legs. In this case, the 2 inverted "V"s would be Roman numerals for "5" and give a sum of 10. Since they are together like that the sum should be doubled. It it was a true alphabet letter "M", the middle section would not come down that far. That's how the Spanish differentiated between the 2 figures. There are several "A"s scattered about the formation. Each one has extended cross bars with the long end pointing to the right. The mule has an "A" shape inside of a large circle at the eye location. That duck has a LARGE "Z" shape on it's wing that has an extended bottom line, pointing to the right. The length of that bottom bar could represent distance. The letter "Z" is a pozo sign and also has a value of "28" in the Spanish alphabet.

That snake that I outlined in red has one of those "A"s on it's nose. And, if you look at the hoyo picture, that lizard's head is nose-to-nose with that snake head on the rock pile.

In the rock pile photo, isn't that a lamb laying down at the foot of the large owl cutout?? I outlined it in yellow.

Attachments

• 992011 154 - Copy-dogtthr.jpg
    992011 154 - Copy-dogtthr.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 992011 157 - Copy-dogtthr.jpg
    992011 157 - Copy-dogtthr.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiona, thanks for that info. and seeing those letters and #. that stuff is still all to hard for me to understand. thanks for the info.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that billy, I read the point inside the hole as, meaning the goodies are in that hole? id like to hear your thoughts on it, but its ok if you don't want to say, man that's is some great stone work. thanks for posting the photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread