I forgot to mention.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In this dowsing forum, there is much talk for and against dowsing. What I have not seen though are pictures of items found by dowsers. If there are any, maybe someone can point out the thread where they are displayed. So, I am going to start posting here some things I have found through dowsing. As time goes on, I will post and “show and tell” more.

These items are not the only things I have found. I left the vast majority of targets where they were as I was mostly in public places where digging up grass would be frowned on.

The Penney at the bottom is from a public park area. All the other items were dowsed in a very remote location in a Western Utah desert, 90 + miles from my home, on an old pony express and stagecoach trail. It was also my first time in that immediate area. From top to bottom and left to right are two spent .22 shells, the base of a 12-gauge shotgun shell that is so old the paper part holding the powder and BB’s rotted off. The top right object at first looked like a spent .45 shell but is something else. I don’t know what the pointed object in the center is. The Penney is at the bottom and I dowsed it about a month ago. With the exception of one .22 shell, all objects were buried from ½” to 2” below the sand / surface.

Now, for you dowsers who decide to post your finds, be prepared to be ridiculed at, scoffed at, to be called liars, cheats, fabricators, one who posts false scenarios etc by the skeptics. But, never mind them. Still better, put them on ignore but keep the pictures coming. I have already put some known skeptics on ignore.

Some skeptics have posted their finds using metal detectors and indicate that is ALL THEY need to do for dowsers to accept their claims as legitimate. I have four metal detectors and I use them jointly with dowsing, so I have no problems accepting their pictures. Lets see if they will do the same and accept our pictures.

Also, remember one mans junk is another mans treasure. So, “show and tell” your finds. They are your finds and your pictures are just as good as anyone else’s, and you and ONLY you define what they are to you.

Please excuse the picture size. I'm still trying to figure out how to downsize them.

Let the show begin.

Attachments

• S5300379.JPG
    S5300379.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 264
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OKI: WOW. Thanks. How did you do that? LOL. I've not delt with many pictures before so it's kind of new to me. Soon I will be an expert at down-sizing them to fit.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
teleprospector: Thanks for dowsing these photos. I'll be going there soon to do some close in dowsing.

BTW, here is what the skeptics can't grasp and don't understand: There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hi,
No problem.
Just keep in mind all the limitations that a skeptic places upon themselves.
These types of individuals surround us and play an active role by attempting to influence a believers pursuits by projecting the idea that dowsing does not work, should not be practiced and must be proven to be believed. Beacause of their comittment to this belief, they find their greatest delight not in what they are asking a believer to prove, but rather in the TIME a believer WASTES in answering their cry.
Jon

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said Jon.

I would like to know if SWR thinks the picture of my recent finds while dowsing is legitimate or a fabrication on my part? Maybe someone can ask him and post his reply here via a quote.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have been told told by the experts
the first photo is a jar of brass shavings
the second photo is fools gold
the third photo is Raisins painted to look like gold

Attachments

• cccd.JPG
    cccd.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 245
  • gold_2_001.jpg
    gold_2_001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 226
  • p1010011.jpg
    p1010011.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 243
  • p1010011.jpg
    p1010011.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 227
  • gold_2_001.jpg
    gold_2_001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 229
  • cccd.JPG
    cccd.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 234

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~JR~
Art is that from experts , are the eye ball bunch.
From the self proclaimed experts who’s eyeballs are better suited to see and analyze every aspect of treasure hunting...Art

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pointed thing in the middle looks like the tip off an mechanical pencil - not that my opinion can be validated of course!

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey gang, you're making me laugh. Almost fell off my chair doing so. I'm looking for the eye baller supreme of eye baller experts to weigh in on this analyzing task. Is he still with us?

I've been out mowing my lawn / weeds. Maybe later this afternoon I'll go dowsing somewhere and if I find something, I'll post a picture or two. Maybe this time I'll be able to figure out how to make them fit the screen better. Don't want things to go wrong in the analytical departments process.

Keep the pictures coming. Lets flood the area with them.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey lesjcbs..the only photo’s from me that I will post are of stuff I have not sold yet..I was out looking at this stream one winter in the snow..I had my dog with me and he was running up and down the stream bed as usual. I found this nugget in one of his paw prints...Art

Attachments

• Dogslf.gif
    Dogslf.gif
    83.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Dogslf.gif
    Dogslf.gif
    83.3 KB · Views: 236
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great dog. Remembe gang, we want to post pictures of things we found while dowsing only. :icon_thumright:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey lesjcbs...One thing you always have to remember...Your knowledge of the history of the area you are searching is an important part of every search..If nothing is there you can not find it...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I know what you are saying. Thanks. :icon_thumright:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
rebel003 may already know this...When looking for Placer gold it will most likely be found in or near streams and rivers..Gold will only be moved in rivers and streams when the water is high and fast...the gold will only drop out of the fast water on inside bends and when there is something that creates a low area behind it. How do you tell where these low pressure areas where at high water. I used to take photos of the streams at the end of the summer and come back in the winter the day after a big storm and take photos again. It will amaze you where the water is now running. Some of those areas that you thought were inside bends will be in the main flow..Also look for water running into the stream from above...That could indicate that 100’s of feet above the present stream is an old stream bed..It also may indicate that there is an old miners flume...
Some people just stand in the middle of the stream and imagine the water being 15 feet higher..that did not work real well for me...For the dowsers...Just look at the inside bends and behind large boulders and always be aware of large cracks...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's what I found today while dowsing. Told you I would learn how to post pictures and I did. These are two pieces of aluminum and one of those pesky pull tabs that gives every detectionist a back ache. Now, in and of themselves, these items are worthess, they are junk. However, they are very significant because I found them while dowsing. All were beneath the surface and out of sight. The area they were in is an old football field where at one time in the past, High School football games were played. Old timers in the area say the school and field was built around 1920 and the new school was built sometime in the 1970's. The old school building is gone but the field and some concrete bleachers is all that remains.

There was a fourth target I found that I could not dig up. It was a sprinkler head. OOPS. Don't want to dig up those things.

These kinds of finds provide excellent training exercises that hopefully will lead to that "big find" some day soon. :icon_thumright:

Keep your pictures coming.

Attachments

• S5300379.JPG
    S5300379.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 204

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
very good les, i wish my dowsing were that good. what instrument are you using?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10Claw: Thanks for the compliment. I am not that good at all. I just keep at it is all. At this stage, all I know is what I have found. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I use a set of pocket L- Rods I bought off the intenet. The pointers / antennas slide into and extend out like a TV Rabbit Ears antenna. To dowse, I take them out of my pocket, pull out the pointers which are also hinged at their base so they can be pointed to make the L shape, then dowse. When they cross, I fold them up, put them in my pocket, scan with my metal detector to pin point then dig. I realy like them.

I thought I had this picture so it would fit on the screen correctly.

I went dowsing today and look what I found. It's an 8" L X 1/4" D rusty steel rod. Is it woth anything? NO, that is, not in and of itself. It is however significant in that I FOUND IT WHILE DOWSING.

I went to a sandy field about 10 miles from my home. It's on private property but I had the owners permission to dowse and dig. The wind was gusty and at first really knocked my rods around, giving me some false positives.

My first move was to dowse across the field standing in one spot and using my rods like an LRL is used. At first, I was standing facing at about 360 degrees True North. Then with my rods pointing straight ahead I slowly started turning to my left. When I came to about 300 Degrees True, my rods crossed. I then turned farther to my left and faced roughly 220 Degrees True. Facing that direction and with my rods pointing straight ahead, I rotated to my right to bring them back to see if they would cross again in the same direction (300 Degree True) they had before. They did. I took this to mean a target was somehwere out there in that direction. It turned out to be exactly that. The target described and pictured below was about 30 yards away from me and buried about 8" deep. In short, because I long range dowsed in the field with my L-Rods (which I am learning to do), I was able to start my "close in dowsing" in the direction of a target. What I didn't do though was triangulate to this target. Maybe next time as that's something I understand but have neve done before.

At my first rod crossing, I didn't find anything. So I waited for a break in the wind. When it came, I continued dowsing. My rods crossed about 6 feet from my first place. I turned on my metal detector to pin point. After scanning for a few seconds, something deep scratched my coil.

I started scraping away the sand with my boot and the deeper down I went, the stronger my metal detector sounded off. It went from a scratch to a solid signal. Finally, seeing that it was fairly deep, I went back to my truck and got my shovel. Down into the dirt I dug. At about 5" down (typical of sandy areas, sand kept running back into and filling up the hole), the sand started disapearing into what looked like a gopher hole. The sand kept pouring in. After several more shovel fulls of dirt, clumk, my shovel hit something solid. I dug down one more time and out came this metal rod. I scanned the hole one more time and there was nothing else down there. Before I left the area, I filled in the hole.

Tell you what, the sound of your shovel hitting something metal at about 6" + down while treasure hunting can really give you a new look on life. The anticipation is so great :tongue3:, if someone were to set off a stick of dynomite 2' from you, you probably wouldn't notice it. :laughing9: The dirt would just keep on flying. ;D

Maybe someone can resize this picture for me so it fits better. But, since it's clear and if you like it, leave it as it is.

Thanks.

Attachments

• S5300379.JPG
    S5300379.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 183

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okiedowser said:
SWR said:
Keep those pictures of pull-tabs, tin foil, etc, etc coming!

You are debunking the many dowsers who claim they don't dig junk :thumbsup:
I thing the point is Dowsing Works,how else is he finding all this stuff :icon_scratch: He's all ready said he don't load his rods,he find's it all (all medal mode) :thumbsup:

I'd definitely say all mental mode! :headbang:

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, for right now I dowse in the all metal mode because I know that gold does not exist in the quanties and same places other metals do. So what I am doing with my dowsing is simply practicing to build up my confidence and technique. I figure that if there is a gold item, hopefully I will find it also.

I'm working on it and I will be loading my rods soon.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey lesjcbs...Seems to me that you are having a lot of “fun” with your rods..I have dedicated rods for gold and silver..For every thing else I use a film canister on the rod...Art

Attachments

• Film Canister.GIF
    Film Canister.GIF
    61.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Job 002.jpg
    Job 002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Job 002.jpg
    Job 002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Film Canister.GIF
    Film Canister.GIF