Jesse James Artifact Found in SE Oklahoma. I need all the information I can get.

Sides

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Photo.jpg

UPDATE

Please. As much info as possible. The metal scratches bright silver. Possibly Lead. It is heavy for its size as well. Dimensions below.

4in x 2 3/8in

1in wide varying slightly

100mm x 60mm

width slants from 22mm to 27mm

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find the item ? If so can you give some solid story about the basic environment ( not a detailed location) that this was found in ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sides

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Does it open or is it solid?

It is solid but I have heard some suggestions that it may have been made to break open or melt since it was created in 2 halves. Very strange.

Upvote 0

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sides, welcome to TNet, definitely a very cool find, especially with James written on the side (is Jesse also written, I can’t tell from your photo)...can you post more pictures with greater detail - of the other sides and the bottom...again nice find...good luck with your hunts...Walt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sides

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find the item ? If so can you give some solid story about the basic environment ( not a detailed location) that this was found in ?

I did not. My father unearthed this in a wooded area near an old road in SE Oklahoma. I know it's previous placement to the exact point but of course, I cannot disclose any information. Also I can post more photos on request. I just want to get to the bottom of it or find someone that can.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sides

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sides, welcome to TNet, definitely a very cool find, especially with James written on the side (is Jesse also written, I can’t tell from your photo)...can you post more pictures with greater detail - of the other sides and the bottom...again nice find...good luck with your hunts...Walt

Yes, it says "Jesse James" and "Frank James." It also says what looks to be "1872"

JFJ Names.jpg

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that there is decorative wire on the top
that appears golden in color - have you had that tested to see what the composition is ? If not , I would - also it might be interesting to get an Xray
of it - or some imaging technology to have a glimpse down into it !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sides

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that there is decorative wire on the top
that appears golden in color - have you had that tested to see what the composition is ? If not , I would - also it might be interesting to get an Xray
of it - or some imaging technology to have a glimpse down into it !

The design on top appears to be copper. I haven't had any tests ran on the item as of yet. I was hoping someone could at least tell me what the heck it could be for starters haha but I might not get that lucky. Not a single person that has seen this can tell me anything further than, "It's KGC" and "The Templar" etc. I would love to know the use of the item. Any suggestions whatsoever of what it was used for would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great find. I search and could not find anything on your bar. Ill look for more. What does the thing weigh?

If it really is Jesse and Frank James related it could be worth a small fortune. Remember the picture that sold for two million? Can you take some close up pics and post them?

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sides , please re- read my post - especially the part in parenthesis - don't come on here asking for "all the information you can give me " and not be
willing to provide basic background context ! Thank You !

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have found a antique toy treasure box. Likely buried by kids playing many years ago----just my opinion

Upvote 0

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the letter "N" in Frank is backwards. Is it just me or does it look like its made of stone or concrete with a copper inlay? My opinion is its just some interesting artwork. Cool find none the less. Welcome to TNet!

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaped as a piece of the pie

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the reasons I joined Tnet was for things like these and after some initial searching which yielded nothing thus far I have come to the conclusion...

Regardless if "really" something of a personal nature from JJ an FJ ... this find of yours is beyond stellar and will go down as a piece to remember.

In other words...

This IS special.

Also... I believe its OLD lead from appearance.... with obvious copper.

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... this is something that if by morning there is no clue to what it is... I will dive into helping this one along.

This IS a piece that deserves a serious dedication to research.

DO NOT... REPEAT... DO NOT ... clean it... try and open it... scratch it again... nothing.

Handle with care ... and if you have some gloves use em.

Also... DONT let anyone you don't trust even know about it.

OR clumsy fingers hold it.

IF it turns out to be a kids toy or something "else"... it would / will STILL be worth something.

Not the "mega"... but a "minor".

Take heed.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting for sure I would listen to AARC hes a wise person and is looking out for your best interest. Tommy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread