New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When 2 people reply to each other multiple times in a thread, ALL of the earlier replies are included in each post and it takes up a LOT of room. I know there's a way to turn that off.

I prefer to have nested quotes. But when you reply to someone you can remove it. The text is there to pull out of your reply so it's really up to whoever is doing the quoting to remove it.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost text with a photo but this seems O.K. now. Can't seem to put up a photo then add text after though. The one other problem is in changing the list of detectors thats displayed alongside my posts. I can delete a detector but not type in the name of the new machine.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I delete certain areas on the new posts. Do I have to see all the coin roll hunting posts each time.

Were able to do this on old Net.

Thanks

You can minimize the sections you dont' want to see by clicking the minus/plus sign in the top right hand corner of the category you don't want to see. They will still show up on searches though, ie, new posts.

"New Posts" shows one number, actural # is not same?

New posts calculates posts you don't have access to see either, ie, moderator section posts, etc.. so the count can be off.

Thanks,
have a good un........................

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
b2topic.gif Text after photo... Just testing something out. No worries smiley-hatsoff-maggie.gif

Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost text with a photo but this seems O.K. now. Can't seem to put up a photo then add text after though. The one other problem is in changing the list of detectors thats displayed alongside my posts. I can delete a detector but not type in the name of the new machine.

I've fixed the list of detectors. It was set to only allow 100 characters... thats why you couldn't add more. I increased this to 200 characters.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Requesting that "General Discussions" be moved to the top, above "New Member Introductions". Please.

Suggesting that "Garage Sale Finds" be re-named to "Steals and Deals" or something similar. This was previously discussed in that section by posters there because people post all kinds of "scores" and "picks" from auctions, flea markets, thrift stores, and more.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i just noticed that i cant open the img in my windows gallery now
there use to be a jpg link below the img,you could click it and it would open
is that gone forever

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello i posted a tread a few days ago, actually the day before the change, i posted a three ring day and a golden return, in the beach and shallow water forum. why are my pics not showing up? thanks im not real computer savy

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi David, We are rebuilding the database for all the attachments from the old forum. Once it's complete, they should show back up for you.

hello i posted a tread a few days ago, actually the day before the change, i posted a three ring day and a golden return, in the beach and shallow water forum. why are my pics not showing up? thanks im not real computer savy

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been away for a few days, noticed all the "attachment" links instead of actual posted pictures. I'm sure this is only a temp thing, right?

By the way....when do you guys sleep? lol Seems you're on top of issues as soon as they get posted. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know when or if your pictures have loaded, I used it for the first time yesterday and found it frustrating, the upload image page opened but I had to expand it to see the upload box, and then there was nothing say say the pictures were uploaded.

SS

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Must be doing something Different, My pics pop up
in the post as I'm composing it ? sort of like Preview with pics.

When I Hit post I Already see what everyone else will.
only exception the pics are smaller till I hit post

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way....when do you guys sleep? lol Seems you're on top of issues as soon as they get posted. :thumbsup:

Maybe they work shifts. One admin fixes problems from 9-3, the next from 3-9, and the next from 9-12, etc.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attachments should be working today and if not, but now then they should be soon :)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe just a glitch? But was having trouble browsing around earlier today, buttons/links suddenly refused to work and took forever to log out?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On old format i was not over my mail limit, one of the big advantages of charter membership, now i am over limit by several hundred on new format...

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe just a glitch? But was having trouble browsing around earlier today, buttons/links suddenly refused to work and took forever to log out?

We were working on the site so hopefully it's resolved by now. Let us know if it's not.

On old format i was not over my mail limit, one of the big advantages of charter membership, now i am over limit by several hundred on new format...

So it's saying you have more PM's than you're allowed? Can you tell him how many PM's you have?

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I click on "Notifications" should the threads I'm subscribed to with new replies show up? They are not now, but they do if i open it in a new window. It would be nice if they did when i click on it without opening a new window.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread