New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just noticed my BANNER finds are not listed under my name when I post? What happened? Breeize

I see your banner finds. Just have to click on the circle on the right of banner finds to see them.
Nice slave bracelet BTW.
2s

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia ora Breezie. I too can see your awesome Banner finds.
Cheers, Mike

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of the banner, why is it only viewable from the main page of Home, Forum or Active Topics? I don't recall that with the old format. Wasn't it at the top of every page except the reply page?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with posting pics? I noticed when some people post them, they show up as a file attachment that you have to click to open and many are saying they can't post multiples. Myself, when I used the insert image tool, I tried 2 photos at once I received an error (don't remember the exact error msg.), so I had to do each one seperately. I guess you all are still working on this issue? If not maybe you could give a quick tutorial somehere as to the best way to post photos. I never had a problem before when it came to posting photos, all photos are between 80-120 KB.
Also, I notice the banner can only be viewed from the top of the Home, Forum and Active Topics main board. Was it the same way before? I seem to remember it was at the top of the child boards too. Thanks.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, I notice the banner can only be viewed from the top of the Home, Forum and Active Topics main board. Was it the same way before? I seem to remember it was at the top of the child boards too. Thanks.

We are starting to forget things about the old tnet. The banner was on all forum pages. This was easier to see the banner. Now I rarely look at it as I just bookmark my favorite sub-forums and access them like that.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Still seeing a lot of new post with picture file attachments instead of pictures? A real pain to have to click on all these file attachments to see the pics.

Also a pain for me, maybe even greater cause I have Firefox. The pics always have to download to my computer and take up space.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with posting pics? I noticed when some people post them, they show up as a file attachment that you have to click to open and many are saying they can't post multiples. Myself, when I used the insert image tool, I tried 2 photos at once I received an error (don't remember the exact error msg.), so I had to do each one seperately. I guess you all are still working on this issue? If not maybe you could give a quick tutorial somehere as to the best way to post photos. I never had a problem before when it came to posting photos, all photos are between 80-120 KB.

After you put in your First pic

FORT DIETRICK SNYDER.gif

and you go to your second,
If you don't see a BROWSE option look up
and switch FROM URL to FROM COMPUTER
then you will see Browse again.

1877.jpg

this is necessary every time after the first pic

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
When I first read your post all I saw were file attachments for the two pics you posted. Left the page up, got up went into the kitchen, came back, and suddenly they were pictures....but it took a full minute for them to upload into your post. Maybe it's a speed issue? I know on some post I see pics, but on most all I'm seeing are file attachments......?

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me talk with the guys today and see if we can bring this back on every page.

We are starting to forget things about the old tnet. The banner was on all forum pages. This was easier to see the banner. Now I rarely look at it as I just bookmark my favorite sub-forums and access them like that.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a link where you are just seeing the file attachments? That may be a problem on our end.

The attachments should be showing up like this:

Screen Shot 2012-03-27 at 7.57.06 AM.png
Jeff,
When I first read your post all I saw were file attachments for the two pics you posted. Left the page up, got up went into the kitchen, came back, and suddenly they were pictures....but it took a full minute for them to upload into your post. Maybe it's a speed issue? I know on some post I see pics, but on most all I'm seeing are file attachments......?

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll look into this today, it shouldn't be doing that.

After you put in your First pic
and you go to your second,
If you don't see a BROWSE option look up
and switch FROM URL to FROM COMPUTER
then you will see Browse again.

this is necessary every time after the first pic

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post the exact error message you are getting? This will help us track down the problem or at least help you upload pictures. You shouldn't have any problems with photos that are between 80-120kb. We'll work on a tutorial today for uploading photos and have it posted in the help section here: HELP!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a link where you are just seeing the file attachments? That may be a problem on our end.

The attachments should be showing up like this:

View attachment 620460
Jeff,

Was going to do that very thing......but now they're all pictures? Strange....but it made me HAPPY! :occasion18:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

are you on IE ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Why not number the gold coins to the left of each fourm to make it easy to locate them? Frank

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

are you on IE ?

No. Mozilla/Fox....but the issue seems to be gone now?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post the exact error message you are getting? This will help us track down the problem or at least help you upload pictures. You shouldn't have any problems with photos that are between 80-120kb. We'll work on a tutorial today for uploading photos and have it posted in the help section here: HELP!

Ijust tried it again and didn't have any problem. Only thing is I can't find a way to delete an image after i've uploaded it, duh.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old site was pieced together with a lot of code that was spread across 3 individuals and built up over a number of years. It was code that doesn't run on the newer versions of PHP and it was built specifically for an old version of SMF that has not been supported for a very long time. An upgrade was a requirement. Since an upgrade was needed we had to ask ourselves if it made sense to use vBulletin (which we are very familiar with) or SMF (which we are not familiar with) and decided to use vBulletin.

We aren't done with the upgrade, far from it. We are still adding stuff, tweaking things. The site isn't as fast as it should be because we are still importing attachments. The navigation isn't done yet and we can certainly tweak it.

What we need are specifics. When you say it's harder to navigate now then before, please give details.

Why is it harder? What steps did you take before that don't work now?

We are here to work things out and make it as good as it can be, but we need feedback and details to do it together. I'm sure that if we can work together we can make this place even better then it was before. It won't be easy. It will take time. But all things in life worthwhile usually take work.

By far the best feature on the T-net as far as navigation was concerned was the ability to click "replies" and bring up all the posts you replied to. That is what gave flow to the threads and will be lost unless you have something that's close to the equivalent. If I owned this site I would figure out the best way, and create a sticky post or something to that effect to really show people how they can use this like the old Treasure net. The other forum I joined maybe a year ago that's similar... I kid you not, in the first week I posted it was hard to navigate because I couldn't keep track of where I posted. To date that really hasn't changed, and I probably miss posts that I would have liked to have seen, but I simply didn't see the thread again. That's the problem I think you'll have with both old users and new ones coming to the site, and essentially it will create a cap for the user base because once there's so many new posts happening it will be a challenge to say the least to follow the threads you replied on. Now I know there has been a few replies about this so far, but I didn't see anything that really works, and am not sure if I am clicking, or changing a setting to the correct format. And if I don't know, there's probably several thousand more people that will log on and wonder the same thing.... which is why I suggest figuring out the best way, and making it clear.

Exactly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread