New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

Scott (MI)

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I figured that since this is a software help thread that I would post this here. When the forum changed I could not figure out how to log in with my old user information, so I created a new account as I had thought that all of my old user info had been wiped. Well I now see that my posts are all still there, so I would like to get rid of this new user account [Scott (MI)] and use my original one ([Scott (Mich)]. Anyone know how to go about this and if this is possible? I had tried the missing password thing before I created a new account but just got the message that the user name and email address did not exist.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I click on "Notifications" should the threads I'm subscribed to with new replies show up? They are not now, but they do if i open it in a new window. It would be nice if they did when i click on it without opening a new window.

Notifications is only for alerts to new Private Messages, Likes and Visitor Messages. To see your Subscribed threads with new replies you will need to check your Subscribed Threads or My Posts links at the top of the site under the header logo. Screens caps below of both:

Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 12.15.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 12.15.51 PM.png

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I figured that since this is a software help thread that I would post this here. When the forum changed I could not figure out how to log in with my old user information, so I created a new account as I had thought that all of my old user info had been wiped. Well I now see that my posts are all still there, so I would like to get rid of this new user account [Scott (MI)] and use my original one ([Scott (Mich)]. Anyone know how to go about this and if this is possible? I had tried the missing password thing before I created a new account but just got the message that the user name and email address did not exist.

I can help you with that! I will PM you now to get more info.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been away for a few days, noticed all the "attachment" links instead of actual posted pictures. I'm sure this is only a temp thing, right?

By the way....when do you guys sleep? lol Seems you're on top of issues as soon as they get posted. :thumbsup:

We are working on the ability to choose whether you want to see thumbnails or full images.

I Must be doing something Different, My pics pop up
in the post as I'm composing it ? sort of like Preview with pics.

When I Hit post I Already see what everyone else will.
only exception the pics are smaller till I hit post

How do you know when or if your pictures have loaded, I used it for the first time yesterday and found it frustrating, the upload image page opened but I had to expand it to see the upload box, and then there was nothing say say the pictures were uploaded.

SS

There are two ways to upload pictures. You can use the WYSIWYG Editor and "insert pictures" an they will show up right away. Or you can scroll down and use "Manage Attachments" -- which is a good way to upload a bunch of pictures.

If you use the manage attachments you should be able to select up to 5 pictures to upload, then hit the upload button and there should be a status indicator showing when they are done. Then you can hit "close this window" and that will close the upload window only. Then you can preview your post to see if it did what you wanted or submit it. Keep in mind, if you submit it and you want to remove/edit/add pictures you can simply edit your post and manage attachments again. This is how you can add up to 40 pictures per post.

On old format i was not over my mail limit, one of the big advantages of charter membership, now i am over limit by several hundred on new format...

Doug asked but I'll ask. How many PM's do you have?

When I click on "Notifications" should the threads I'm subscribed to with new replies show up? They are not now, but they do if i open it in a new window. It would be nice if they did when i click on it without opening a new window.

Notifications is for private messages, friend requests and "likes". It won't show you threads. For threads, you can either click on Quick Links -> SUbscribed Threads or "My Posts"

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Notifications is for private messages, friend requests and "likes". It won't show you threads. For threads, you can either click on Quick Links -> SUbscribed Threads or "My Posts"[/QUOTE]

Thanks John. Would it be possible to add it to there? One of the biggest complaints i see on here is not being to find the new replies so the more ways to see them the better. Keep up the great work guys!

Last edited:
OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Notifications is for private messages, friend requests and "likes". It won't show you threads. For threads, you can either click on Quick Links -> SUbscribed Threads or "My Posts"

Thanks John. Would it be possible to add it to there? One of the biggest complaints i see on here is not being to find the new replies so the more ways to see them the better. Keep up the great work guys![/QUOTE]

It's a completely different alert. You can easily see the other places that I screen capped that are in the nav bar for easy use to your replies and subscriptions.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are the Live Posts down ? i can get in the Charter Members but Live Posts wants Me to become a member agin, it was working earler today
thanks Gary

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John. Would it be possible to add it to there? One of the biggest complaints i see on here is not being to find the new replies so the more ways to see them the better. Keep up the great work guys!

It is definitely possible... I think there is a point of diminishing returns though where you can add too many ways to get to the same thing and it becomes confusing as well. I will talk this over with the guys.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you guys remove a thread? i remember a thread called treasurenet yearbook but i can not seem to find it.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The yearbook was a place to post your yearly mugshot... it had 4 subforums underneath it but not many posts total, like 40... so they've all been moved here: Mug Shots

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

It is definitely possible... I think there is a point of diminishing returns though where you can add too many ways to get to the same thing and it becomes confusing as well. I will talk this over with the guys.

I know, i just click on settings and there they are. i have explained that to several people but some just don't understand. lol my 2 favorite reply's are "that's to hard i'm leaving" and when i explained the color codes on the files it was "what if i can't remember the colors?" to the last one i wanted to reply "if your to stupid to remember blue and red then that metal detector you own is way to complicated for you and you should sell it to me!" but i didn't. you guys must have the patience of saints. i would have already pulled what little hair i have left out by now.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, i just click on settings and there they are. i have explained that to several people but some just don't understand. lol my 2 favorite reply's are "that's to hard i'm leaving" and when i explained the color codes on the files it was "what if i can't remember the colors?" to the last one i wanted to reply "if your to stupid to remember blue and red then that metal detector you own is way to complicated for you and you should sell it to me!" but i didn't. you guys must have the patience of saints. i would have already pulled what little hair i have left out by now.

I know the feeling ;) I'll see what we can do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe just a glitch? But was having trouble browsing around earlier today, buttons/links suddenly refused to work and took forever to log out?

We were working on the site so hopefully it's resolved by now. Let us know if it's not.

On old format i was not over my mail limit, one of the big advantages of charter membership, now i am over limit by several hundred on new format...

So saying you have more PM's than you're allowed? Can you tell him how many PM's you have?

It says I have 1300+ in my out box and 1100+ in my inbox, just over 2400, I was below my limit on the old format, but according to the new I am over by 400+.... A lot of them are on mods, and other info about detectors I used for reference, I wasn't concerned about the limit before since I was below my max limit,..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is still very hard to tell what threads have been read and what is new, can't you make post that members have read grey, it makes it so much easier to tell when a new reply has been made to a post your following. The difference between the bold red and just plain red is really very little....

Believe or not that is one of the biggest reason it is hard for some, I know you mean well, but the new site is still hard to glance at and tell what is new and what has been read...

Also before the change I could access the website on my Android smart phone and read threads and replies easily and it was a breeze to post replies from my smart phone, with the new format it is a nightmare to post from my smart phone.... I had no problem on the old format posting, and I did not have to download any app to post....

On Smart phones the posting screen needs to be taller to make it easier for typing, if your including a quote it is next to impossible..... On the old format the post screen for typing was at least 3 times the size of the current screen....

Also when accessing the website from my smart phone, when I hit the drop down menu for my posts/my replies many times when I try to hit it icon to read, it registers the ad under the drop down and the ad opens up...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doug asked but I'll ask. How many PM's do you have?

Notifications is for private messages, friend requests and "likes". It won't show you threads. For threads, you can either click on Quick Links -> SUbscribed Threads or "My Posts"[/QUOTE]

I tried to reply from my smart phone earlier as was at work, but as I said in post below, it is next to impossible to post from the phone due to the size of the posting screen....

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The private message mailbox has been increased to 5000 for charter members.

It says I have 1300+ in my out box and 1100+ in my inbox, just over 2400, I was below my limit on the old format, but according to the new I am over by 400+.... A lot of them are on mods, and other info about detectors I used for reference, I wasn't concerned about the limit before since I was below my max limit,..

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are planning on having a few options available for mobile users.

1. Tapatalk support has already been enabled on the forum.

2. Custom Android/iOS App that will be a free download in the market. (Built by Forum Runner)

3. Mobile Skin - This will be a light weight version of the current skin without all the graphics and with limited features.

The TreasureNet mobile app will be released in a few weeks. We should have the mobile skin going in just a few days.

Also before the change I could access the website on my Android smart phone and read threads and replies easily and it was a breeze to post replies from my smart phone, with the new format it is a nightmare to post from my smart phone.... I had no problem on the old format posting, and I did not have to download any app to post....

On Smart phones the posting screen needs to be taller to make it easier for typing, if your including a quote it is next to impossible..... On the old format the post screen for typing was at least 3 times the size of the current screen....

Also when accessing the website from my smart phone, when I hit the drop down menu for my posts/my replies many times when I try to hit it icon to read, it registers the ad under the drop down and the ad opens up...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The private message mailbox has been increased to 5000 for charter members.

Thank you sir, more than I need, but it gives me time now to try to clean it out some.....Many of them I do want to keep though...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still seeing a lot of new post with picture file attachments instead of pictures? A real pain to have to click on all these file attachments to see the pics.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Problem: I keep trying to "block" certain forums, but I can still see them in the "active topics" area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions