New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
eh, that is work for ya sticking with IE7. Had an Idea though, maybe if you had codex that would see what browser is being used and then have a pop up when it is one that it does not work best with. Something like, we detected you are using an outdated browser, Treasurenet is best viewed using browser A,B, or C??? May make chasing bugs less needed in older computers :happysmiley: I mean heck, facebook hardly works on this computer :sadsmiley:

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking into this now!

Will personal "Bookmarks" from the old site be imported? After hours of researching various topics, I built up a considerable amount of bookmarks that included tips, tutorials, and links for a wide variety of topics. I referenced these bookmarks frequently, which saves hours redundant searches.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a complaint i use to be able to say ttt when i wanted a thread to go to the top but when i tried that yesterday it said the reply had to be a least 5 letters long so i can no longer go ttt. could you please change it so i can go back to saying ttt when i want a thread to go back up to the top. ttt= to the top.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a complaint i use to be able to say ttt when i wanted a thread to go to the top but when i tried that yesterday it said the reply had to be a least 5 letters long so i can no longer go ttt. could you please change it so i can go back to saying ttt when i want a thread to go back up to the top. ttt= to the top.

I'll get that fixed for you :)

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aha! I knew if I looked hard enough, I would find a flaw. You guys are so concerned about our comfort in here, you forgot about yourselves. Unless I am blind, there is no link to become a charter member. I think I am finally ready when you are.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aha! I knew if I looked hard enough, I would find a flaw. You guys are so concerned about our comfort in here, you forgot about yourselves. Unless I am blind, there is no link to become a charter member. I think I am finally ready when you are.

Haha this is true! We're working hard to get everything fix or added and then we will get to this :)

Thanks in advance for ALL your support :occasion14:

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew this would happen. I found the link in settings>paid subscriptions. You gotta make it a little easier. Now, where is my credit card?

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew this would happen. I found the link in settings>paid subscriptions. You gotta make it a little easier. Now, where is my credit card?

Haha you're on to us!

It's kind of funny that everyone is here because they want to hunt or find or track something down, but they don't have the same attitude when it comes to new forum territory :D

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK guys, wanted to post an update to let you know what we are changing today.

1. The postbit field has been minimized and we are working on making it even better. There is now much less wasted space (white area) because of it. We are tweaking it still so expect more changes there soon. I also think the new version looks better.

And keep in mind, Primary Interest, etc. was on the old skin... we didn't add that, we just kept it.

We also got the Metal Detector equipment back in.

2. Some users didn't want the Member Finds to scroll. So, if you go to Settings up top, then General Settings and scroll to the bottom. You'll see a checkbox you can check that allows you to either turn off the scrolling, or leave it on. So anyone can set it however they want.

3. Charter Members - The Live Posts is working. Please check the Charter Member section for details. We will be adding a link to the Navbar for it soon.

4. We are working on the cookie problem that keeps logging some members off. Please bare with us while we try to track down this bug.

5. We are adding a button at the top of the post that shows you who started the thread. That way if your on page 5 of a thread you will know very easily if a post is by the original thread starter. It will have the following text on it: "Thread Starter"

6. Users wanted a quicker and easier way to identify who started a thread on the Thread List pages as well... and the Forum Index. So usernames in those areas are now Bolded and Underlined to make them stand out and easier to identify at a glance.

Plenty more to come!

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but if it has been, please forgive me. Is there a button to mark all posts on a page as read?
I stumbled through the old T-net, and I will continue to stumble through this one also. I'm old and don't like change, unless it's silver or gold, but unless I missed something, you guys didn't buy this site to make me happy. Just kidding, ya'll have done an amazing amount of work to get things where they are now. Keep up the great work, I'm sure I will have more questions later.

Bill

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but if it has been, please forgive me. Is there a button to mark all posts on a page as read?
I stumbled through the old T-net, and I will continue to stumble through this one also. I'm old and don't like change, unless it's silver or gold, but unless I missed something, you guys didn't buy this site to make me happy. Just kidding, ya'll have done an amazing amount of work to get things where they are now. Keep up the great work, I'm sure I will have more questions later.

Bill

Yup, here you go!

Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 4.17.56 PM.png

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK guys, we got alot done today but we aren't even close to done.

1. We've updated the postbit area even more. You'll now see it is very space efficient and we have icons to represent the different values (post count, join date, age, etc) -- if you mouse over the icon it will tell you what it presents but I think you can figure it out easily.

2. The old site background is back. The gold coins are here again.

3. We've got a cleaned up, metal detecting, treasure map having, pirate chest guarding Pirate again in the header. The old mascot lives again and larger and more detailed then ever ;)

4. Tons of little bugs fixed, too many to list.

5. Fonts sizes increased in some areas.

6. I'm working on the Charter Member chat area but don't have it ready to go yet.

7. You should be able to "hide" an area or forum category on the forum by clicking the minus sign in the top right hand corner of the forum category so you don't have to see it on your screen anymore. This won't hide or ignore posts from that section in "searches" or "new posts" though :(

Other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting. We will keep plugging away though!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, just want to let you know that we have some stuff planned already for next week.

1. Adding "Views" in the showthread page.
2. Adding a Next Thread / Previous Thread in the showthread page.
3. Bookmarks (and importing the old ones) support.
4. Checking up on why some people don't have their coin counts working.
5. Top Menus -- working on adding links to a top menu to make it more like the older site.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
John,
I am very glad to see several of my own suggestions taken into consideration and enacted!
I am quite pleased with the update and I think the team is doing a great job! Thank you for listening to the members and taking our suggestions into consideration.
Might I suggest allowing users to select whether or not they wish to display "Primary Interests".

Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,
I am very glad to see several of my own suggested taken into consideration and enacted!
I am quite pleased with the update and I think the team is doing a great job! Thank you for listening to the members and taking our suggestions into consideration.
Might I suggest allowing users to select whether or not they wish to display "Primary Interests".

We can definitely get that added in next week (shoot for Monday or Tuesday)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
POST:" First no because of TV show " Has a technical problem!!! Frank

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest to admin to fix the problem with caps. When I tried to type a word in caps, it made it automatically lowercase, even though caps is sometimes a problem and does signify shouting, it can be useful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions