SIXTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT!!!!

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were less than one month away now!!! anyone that hasn't donated please do so if you can by paypal at [email protected] or I will meet you somewhere if your reasonably close.

pre-cookout donations will make this much easier and I really do appreciate everyones help!!!!!

Seeker, how is it going donation wise? Do not want this coming out of your pocket....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
FYI, just a heads up. There are still rooms available for April 26, just booked me one. Seeker, will bring my donation with me.

Diverlynn

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks to Vicki for the donation!!

chuck

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigdogdad, this is just a plan ol cookout. raffle is for fun and to cover some of the cookout costs. did not get your donation yet, did you send it by mail?

treasurehunter, anywhere from 50 to 125 people each year have attended these cookouts in the past and unfortunately , the person running the cookout usually does not recover the cookout expenses.

diverlynn, thanks for the heads up!

chuck.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bigdogdad, this is just a plan ol cookout. raffle is for fun and to cover some of the cookout costs. did not get your donation yet, did you send it by mail?

treasurehunter, anywhere from 50 to 125 people each year have attended these cookouts in the past and unfortunately , the person running the cookout usually does not recover the cookout expenses.

diverlynn, thanks for the heads up!

chuck.

In the post above this one you thanked Vicki. Vicki is my wife. It came from her pay pal account. I will tell her you said thanks.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the post above this one you thanked Vicki. Vicki is my wife. It came from her pay pal account. I will tell her you said thanks.

thank you!! you should should have said "bigdogmom".......:laughing7:

chuck.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Chuck,
I'm still here for advice. One of my biggest worries and concerns was getting the word out and trying to figure out how many people would show up. I'm not sure what you're doing, but an awful lot of guys I know aren't even aware this cookout is happening. You can't depend on Treasurenet and Treasureworks alone. There are Metal detecting clubs and other interests to be contacted. Also, a backup plan is needed in case more people show than you estimated. I'm sorry you got stuck with this on your own. I seem to remember you and AuDreamers wanting to form a committee to take this over since I realized it was too big for one person to handle alone. It appears the committee didn't get formed. Let's pray the weather holds out and everyone who does come has a good time!
Aquanut

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The whole idea of this event is for everyone interested in treasure hunting getting together for a day to meet in person and have a good time. Nobody should feel obligated to have to feed and entertain the guests at this get together. If everyone brought enough to feed themselves with a little left over, then everyone should have something to eat. It is just a one day picnic/barbecue. I helped aquanaut in the past and I will help seeker41 this time. There are a lot of people that tend to show up at parties and picnic's empty handed expecting to be catered to. If everybody took care of themselves and brought a little extra this would cover the people that bring nothing. If the people that bring nothing have nothing to eat that is their problem. It is all about having a good time. If we need more food there is a Publix just down the road. Maybe you could charge a small meal fee. $5.00 would cover it. Everybody should bring their own drinks.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john, chris never committed in the first place, I asked a few others and they didn't have any interest in being on a committee or didn't think they would have the time so I decided to do it with my wifes help. it will get done. been harder than I thought because I wasn't expecting to work six days a week(mandatory) since Christmas!!!!!!!!!

chuck.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if this turns out to be a laid back event with more food and beer to go around for those that do attend,.........so be it!!!!!

chuck.

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
don't know when we will get back to FL - planning on by the 25th as want to make the Robert Marx lecture and admiralty law seminar in Melbourne - see my "alert" topic. these cookouts have always been a great group of people and I am sure nothing will change - it is the get together that counts. If Mom and I can make it will bring some beer, food - won't be too well planned on our part but looking forward to the chance to say hi. a salute to all of you working so hard - yeah I know there are tables and chairs and details no one brings but don't sweat it -TREASURE HUNTERS: we dig in the dirt, we blast holes in the sand, we fight sharks :tongue3:, we get all excited over chunks of encrusted metal - we can survive any picnic! :laughing7:

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"yeah I know there are tables and chairs and details no one brings but don't sweat it"

there will be tables and chairs thanks to trembul!!! I also hope to have live music, great food and lots of fun! at this point, we pretty much just need people to show up. please pass/ get the word out to all the regulars that attend and any un-regulars!

if you have attended the cookouts in the past and will or will not make it this year please let me know, I would like to get some kind of head count.........only 19 days til the cookout!:occasion14:

chuck.

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chuck,
have sent donation via Paypal - thanks to high speed Internet via BTC Bahamas - how times have changed! Will plan on being there - 2 of us - "Mom Jo" and myself -

looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up on the diving news -

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Glad you two are coming Bonnie!
If there are musicians out there that want to have a jam session, bring your stuff! You might wind up being the "live entertainment" this time!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My wife and I will be there. Should I bring a few racks of ribs?

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chuck,my wife (Mischievous Mermaid) and I will attend.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Word about the cookout has been sent out to the St Lucie Metal Detecting Club and the Treasure Coast Archeological Society via Facebook. Also sent out reminders to individual folks and posted the information on my FB wall. Monica & I will be there. Tom

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chuck or anybody else trying to reach me, my Tnet inbox has been full for 3 years now. Reach me at [email protected]

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok,

john,.........we will have live entertainment!!! steel drums/Caribbean style.

ropesfish,.....you can bring ribs if you want but I/we will probably need more side dishes than anything else. I am trying to do this without having to actually cook much at all, mostly heat and serve. some extra ribs probably wouldn't hurt.

tom,.........yep, I got the pm box is full message I will send you my pm by e-mail asap.

heres what I have planned for the food as of right now, let me know what you all think about the menu and the quantities......

st Louis ribs, 3 bones.............enough for 125 people.
pulled pork for sandwich or alone............ 125 people.
hamburger for ..................................... 50 people.
hot dog for ...........................................50 people.
chicken wings ........................................200 wings.
2 large pans of baked beans ....................175 servings.
2 large pans of mashed potatoes...............175 servings.
buns for pulled pork sandwiches................80
buns for burgers......................................50
buns for hot dogs.....................................50
bottles of bbq sauce..................................9
ketchup
mustard

all of this is cooked and delivered. let me know what you think? I will be asking for everyone that can to bring a side dish!!!!!!
will post more latter!!!!!!!!! only 12 days till the cookout!!!

chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread