OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
gollum said:
That is, unless you think the top line should be 660 (which it could by being only vertically flipped and not horizontally).
see thats just what i am talking about , the second line is not someone 's name . it says ( & d f ) ....( & direct fix ) ....

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why it was so difficult figuring out if it was just mirrored or mirrored AND upside down. That's why I asked for a better copy.

Best,

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mike,

"I just found this, and it is almost exactly what I have been saying. This is somebody else's idea as well. Like I said, so many people have gotten into the LDM Story over the years, it's hard to imagine anyone thinking of something entirely new based on the same evidence that has been around for 60 years."

I would guess that, by now, you have come to realize that statement is far from true. Besides my own, I have seen a number of different plausable readings of the Stone Maps. None of them are alike in location or exactly how the maps are read.

cj

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
there is one translation of the stones that dose fit one given area of the mts ,, the right translation lol . the stones fit the location as will as the peralta ruth map and the dirrections and all known acounts ... . unbeleaveable No if you are at the right location they all fit perfectly !

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree CJ,

Just read the maps. The Horse/Priest Stone is another story.

About your earlier post, I think Tom Glover said it best in his LDM book, when he said that no matter how many people have how many different solutions, most all of them lead to something (I'm paraphrasing).

Best,

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mike,

It's true you can find many solutions for the Stone Maps. The trick is to find the one that does not need to be twisted to fit the location you have picked. For instance:

If you pick the correct place for the point of the dagger, you must be able to follow the map to the X that is in front of the triangle-slash. That point does not rest on the Salt River.

If you pick the correct place to start the Stone Map trail, you will find the first X/mine/cache on the right side of the trail as you travel down into the canyon. If you are correct, you will be able to see the second X/mine/cache on the other side of the canyon. I assume the third X is an old mine/cache as well.

It seems likely that each of the X's is a cache. Two that come to mind are the Harry LaFrance and Bob Brady caves of gold bars. The X in front of the triangle-slash is a good bet for Bob Brady's cave. If so, the location is what he lied about to the searchers who went in on that black night. Chuck Ribaudo and Ernie Provence were two of those men.

Unlike Harry LaFrance, Bob did not have a gold bar to show, as he claimed he lost it on the way out. However, his description of the bars matches those found by Harry LaFrance. There is no doubt, whatsoever, that Harry's gold bars existed.

Bob sent those searchers to the southwest slopes of Bluff Spring Mountain.

Good hunting,

cj

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

I know "wich trail is wich". I have offered the facts, which can be examined by anyone with a topographic map of the area.

You have offered stories which can't be verified as factual. I would be more than happy to have you question the evidence I have presented here. Four Peaks is shown on the Stone Maps. In your conclusion, are they visible while standing on the Stone Map trail?

You may very well have the correct answers, but it will take more than saying so, to make it so. Not one single person can take the Hieroglyphic Canyon starting point and show where the Stone Maps deviate, anywhere, from that point. No doubt you can do the same thing with your starting point.

I have not said one word here about the Stone Maps, that can't be proven. You have not said one word that can be proven. Your case may very well be changed at some time in the future. Mine will never be changed. The map will always be there, until the mountains no longer are.

cj

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of this most likely can be attributed to Aurums information about Mitchell having a second set of stones made (carved not cast) by a professional. Two originals and two copies going with Elgin Kliewald (MOEL Attorney and partner of Mitchell), and two copies and two originals going with Mitchell. My best guess would be that Mitchell took the Horse\Priest Stone and the Heart Stone (originals) and his two trail maps being the copies. Aurum has alluded to that several times.

Best,

Mike

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
cactusjumper said:
Bowman,

I know "wich trail is wich". I have offered the facts, which can be examined by anyone with a topographic map of the area.

You have offered stories which can't be verified as factual. I would be more than happy to have you question the evidence I have presented here. Four Peaks is shown on the Stone Maps. In your conclusion, are they visible while standing on the Stone Map trail?

You may very well have the correct answers, but it will take more than saying so, to make it so. Not one single person can take the Hieroglyphic Canyon starting point and show where the Stone Maps deviate, anywhere, from that point. No doubt you can do the same thing with your starting point.

I have not said one word here about the Stone Maps, that can't be proven. You have not said one word that can be proven. Your case may very well be changed at some time in the future. Mine will never be changed. The map will always be there, until the mountains no longer are.

cj
" Four Peaks is shown on the Stone Maps. In your conclusion, are they visible while standing on the Stone Map trail?"

No... they are not . for good reason they aline from only one given place and one given point and that is high up on a mt ! so your answer is NO you can not see them from ether of the two trails ... that show up on the stone trail maps

" No doubt you can do the same thing with your starting point."

Hieroglyphic Canyon is not the starting point of any thing other than confussion ... lol . and yes i can track the corse of the stones trail maps from start to finish . and they have nothing to do with Hieroglyphic Canyon....

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

Four Peaks are not shown on the Stone Maps as "one". The are shown left to right, as four.

"Hieroglyphic Canyon is not the starting point of any thing other than confussion ... lol . and yes i can track the corse of the stones trail maps from start to finish . and they have nothing to do with Hieroglyphic Canyon...."

I have given you a starting point, and you have given us another story. One is physical evidence, the other is.....smoke.

You will need to explain where the Four Peaks are shown as "one" on the stone maps. Making claims without being able, or willing, to back them up is wasted breath. The Four Peaks are shown in the middle left side of the first trail map. While you can see the Four Peaks from the "lofty ridge", they are not correctly placed on the map. The symbols on the map correct that misplacement. Do you know why that was necessary?

cj

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
"You will need to explain"

i dont need to do anything other than live and die ..!

your wasteing my time now ! i can answer the questions easyly , why should i ,because you ask me to because you dont know the answers your self lol ! get real ...

you want me to amswer those questions (OK ) when i get my permits i will show you i not only that i knew the right answers but i knew what everyone else did not know ...and i will prove it ...

i respect your asking the simple questions yet the answer are very complex .and i wonder if you would even under stand the answer if i gave them to you ?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

I agree. You don't really need to explain anything. I look forwart to the press releases when you open the LDM.

Not much point in my carrying on a one sided conversation.

cj

Last edited:

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i got a lot of things to do and none of them have anything to do with the LDM or AZ at this time , i cant go back untell next fall so , i will be reading and watching what is posted , and if no one beleaves what i say than . there is little reason for me to post or reply .... stay safe stay free

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread