Video 6 - On Tumlinsons Trail : The Peralta Stone Maps

Validity of the stones

• Travis found the stones and had nothing to do with their creation. They are real.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Travis hoaxed the entire thing. They are fake

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Travis carved the maps - but they are based off of real information.

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 8.05.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 8.05.25 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
when feldman updated the forum everyone in the archive section of the forum showed up as count and had 1969 for a join date...roger is from texas and i'm surprised he isnt on this forum

Dave,

Count is Joseph Pavlic, who is the Webmaster for the LDM Forum. He is a Canadian.

He explained that when he transferred the posts into the "Old Forum", he couldn't tag them with the original posters name, so he used "Count".

Your friend's story is one of the things that cemented my belief in the Cave of Gold Bars Story.

Take care,

Joe

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fabulous Video Frank + Ryan!

You guys nailed it great!

I'm ready to invest!

Carve me some copies with that machine I'll sell them at Walmart!

The only thing I would have done a bit differently would have been too find what original model of black and white camera he used for the bumper shot and attempt to set up the correct height, angles and sun declination for the shadowing of the comparison shots of the PH stone but it's very clear the newer TM's were copies!

Or the old photo was forged into something else.

Could have been the maps were so full of dirt and the angle, camera or sun had a lot to do with it, possibly some touch ups to the BW photo were done on purpose back then similar to the same as photo shop dodging and smearing , but it sure looks to possibly be a pantograph copy.

Could be the bumper stones photo were messed with on purpose to not match anything we know today thought to have been found by Travis by just simply using mud smeared over parts of it and new lines / holes created in the mud.

The PH stone not so great a difference.

It shows it may have been a touch up or re-cutting of certain letters in an attempt at restoration by a curator.

If there was information in his manuscript he hoaxed the whole mess I think that's not right so many people have lost lives in a search for the Dutchman and so many have done the same for the PS.

I also noticed the black material in the bottom of the letters on the TM's looks to possibly be graphite or paint. Not so much on the PHM.

The stone TM's were changing color as you Video Taped them from a red to a gray and even a light green.

Nice filming!

It was a terrific Video and you two are doing a great job!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Horse Stone Text Comparison

So similar - but yet.....different.

I'd grade it a B plus.8-)
Copies sometimes are deliberately not duplicates. To leave out info or for copyright reasons. though neither seem to stop stop these from being similar.
The horses nose alone and "trail" touching it shows lack of precision in duplication, could be from tools or material or makers eye, but still a darn good copy..

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
I'd grade it a B plus.8-)
Copies sometimes are deliberately not duplicates. To leave out info or for copyright reasons. though neither seem to stop stop these from being similar.
The horses nose alone and "trail" touching it shows lack of precision in duplication, could be from tools or material or makers eye, but still a darn good copy..

I'd agree with this. B+ sounds fair

It is very well done – but still enough to know that it's not the same stone

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Hey bill - thanks. Glad you enjoyed the video!

If you can tell me what the 2nd model of camera I used in this video was - I'll tell you what model of camera the bumper photo was taken with!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Sometimes overthinking complicates a logical simple solution. One reason many treasure hunters fail. The LDM and the stone maps are perfect examples. Solutions are frequently found by those without years excess baggage. Ryan approached this project with a open mind and developed some logical conclusions. I think he did a great job filtering out the excess baggage.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from "Cactusjumper" on the number 4 video thread. And I want to ask about the comment he made on this forum in where the stones are being discussed:
"This is the original picture taken from an original negative that Dr. Glover obtained. He did say he touched up most of the portions of the stones that had fold lines on them."
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434649001.777930.jpg

I want to refer to the line to which it states "He did say he touched up MOST of the portions of the stones that had fold lines on them"

Ryan,
What type of difference would this make in your comparisons from the original photo versus the stones?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
when feldman updated the forum everyone in the archive section of the forum showed up as count and had 1969 for a join date...roger is from texas and i'm surprised he isnt on this forum

Have you talked to him lately? Would sure be good to see him on this forum. His knowledge of the Supes would sure be an asset around here.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from "Cactusjumper" on the number 4 video thread. And I want to ask about the comment he made on this forum in where the stones are being discussed:
"This is the original picture taken from an original negative that Dr. Glover obtained. He did say he touched up most of the portions of the stones that had fold lines on them."
View attachment 1176868

DiggerGal,

One thing to think VERY carefully about is this statement : "This is the original picture taken from an original negative that Dr. Glover obtained.

That is a true statement. However, it is NOT the original photograph nor is it taken from the original negative. It was merely a negative from a photograph that was taken of the ORIGINAL photograph. It is ORIGINAL to Dr. Glover. But not the ORIGINAL photograph or negative of the original photograph.

If I take a photo of a photo I will have both a photo and a negative, but neither of them the ORIGINAL. What Dr. Gene Davis did was take his own photo of Travis Tumlinson's original photo of the Stone Maps on the car and with that negative, made more prints and that is what you are seeing posted in this forum.

Once you have a photograph, with todays technology you can photo shop just about anything. What you REALLY want to see is the original Travis Tumlinson photograph before Robert Tumlinson, Gene Davis or Dr. Glover got ahold of it. I'm not saying anybody did anything underhanded, I'm just saying the photo you are looking at has been altered.

Matthew

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan,

Matthew just shut that door on that with his revelation about the photo of a photo being touched up around the folds in the original photo, and again in the photo of a photo. I kind of suspected that the photo creases and folds were distorting the image. So I was right in my assessment of the photo.
Kind of reminds me of the first video where everyone was debunking the debunker so on, so forth.

The later photo's of the PHM in the sixties have there small differences but they are small compared to the TM'S and could be also related to a photo of a photo angles, lighting, shade, retouching, etc.

I grade it an "A+".

When do we take our test?

Ha Ha!

Lots of material to absorb.

All this new info about the provenance of the stone maps I think it only makes some people more determined to search while others are saying I told you those maps were a Hoax!

One thing about this whole Video investigation is that makes people think more outside the box!

Whether or not it sways anyone in any new directions about the stones we will have to see.

So were still back at square one.

The cause and affect could be Hunters making even more discoveries along the lines of it's intriguing symbols out in the field.

IE: Bronze Cross

How good is your Drone in the wind?

Hey bill - thanks. Glad you enjoyed the video!

If you can tell me what the 2nd model of camera I used in this video was - I'll tell you what model of camera the bumper photo was taken with!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
What you REALLY want to see is the original Travis Tumlinson photograph before Robert Tumlinson, Gene Davis or Dr. Glover got ahold of it. I'm not saying anybody did anything underhanded, I'm just saying the photo you are looking at has been altered.

is that possible, i would like to see what was redacted, when were these imgs taken
by Dr. Gene Davis

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

is that possible, i would like to see what was redacted, when were these imgs taken
by Dr. Gene Davis

I only go by what Dr. Glover told me......personally. He only smoothed out the fold lines. Others may have changed the original photograph, but that's a crap-shoot for sure.

Good luck,

Joe

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1176868

DiggerGal,

One thing to think VERY carefully about is this statement : "This is the original picture taken from an original negative that Dr. Glover obtained.

That is a true statement. However, it is NOT the original photograph nor is it taken from the original negative. It was merely a negative from a photograph that was taken of the ORIGINAL photograph. It is ORIGINAL to Dr. Glover. But not the ORIGINAL photograph or negative of the original photograph.

If I take a photo of a photo I will have both a photo and a negative, but neither of them the ORIGINAL. What Dr. Gene Davis did was take his own photo of Travis Tumlinson's original photo of the Stone Maps on the car and with that negative, made more prints and that is what you are seeing posted in this forum.

Once you have a photograph, with todays technology you can photo shop just about anything. What you REALLY want to see is the original Travis Tumlinson photograph before Robert Tumlinson, Gene Davis or Dr. Glover got ahold of it. I'm not saying anybody did anything underhanded, I'm just saying the photo you are looking at has been altered.

Matthew

Matthew,

Thanks for the info. I'm more interested in; who's photo are we using to compare the stones to? And, understanding today's photoshop abilities, which I do not believe we're used at all, I would like to know; if we were to turn back the hands of time and focus on the original photo, how much rendering could be done and would we be able to tell if it were rendered using today's technology?
If Dr. Glover was aware that rendering had been done to remove the fold marks, what else may have been rendered out by accident?

Tina

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
3rd watch of vid great job, you do a great job presenting the info too
about T.T. & CO. pulling a $$ scam, could of been something down the
road, they had planned,but T.T. was sick then passed from that illness
the stones got moved around, stories changed, maybe the Dr. investor
changed some dynamics too, and a $$ scam just wasnt feasible anymore

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks so much CW. I just got off the phone with another one of my favorite Dutch Hunters and we discussed the video. I told him that my intention of making them was to create great conversation and bring my own theories into the conversation combined with video and photo.

Frank and I certainly put a lot of effort into all these - so it's great to get comments like yours.

As to something else down the road with the Tumlinson's. Yes - I agree. That's why we have the manuscript. The manuscript was written for a purpose - otherwise it would be a journal.

Frank and I have a great plan for video 7 - as you saw there at the very end in Mr. Davis' library. The weather out here is a killer right now - 114 today - so its putting a damper on getting footage, unfortunately.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am beginning to believe the whole thing was just another way of "salting a mine."

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
View attachment 1176868

DiggerGal,

Matthew

Matthew,

That is true. I only stated that it was the original picture that Thomas received.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread