Whats the Best Prank Youve Pulled or Had Pulled on you?

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's the Best Prank You've Pulled or Had Pulled on you?

Now thats a good one! I was in the hospital with my baby sister and older brother when I was 8yrs old ....group surgery to have our tonsils removed....anyway ma and pa bought each of us a toy to play with while we were there sister got a coloring book and crayons and I got a FOOTSIE....hooked on the ankle and when you swing it you jump the rope that had a bell on it...well, the doc came in the room before sleepy time to look at us when he left I started playing with my FOOTSIE ....needless to say I hurt my toes on the bed and he came rushing back in patched me up and said we'll take care of this tomorrow in surgery...I went straight to bed scared...thought I was going to have m toes taken off...anyway the next day we went to surgery and when I woke up my throat hurt my toes hurt and I cried Mom where are my toes....SHE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT WHAT DOC TOLD ME....she called the doc in and he cracked up...and said to me...I was kidding...your toes are fine.....I always looked at him differently after that....and I dont play in hospital anymore!

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

ellehciM said:
Now thats a good one! I was in the hospital with my baby sister and older brother when I was 8yrs old ....group surgery to have our tonsils removed....anyway ma and pa bought each of us a toy to play with while we were there sister got a coloring book and crayons and I got a FOOTSIE....hooked on the ankle and when you swing it you jump the rope that had a bell on it...well, the doc came in the room before sleepy time to look at us when he left I started playing with my FOOTSIE ....needless to say I hurt my toes on the bed and he came rushing back in patched me up and said we'll take care of this tomorrow in surgery...I went straight to bed scared...thought I was going to have m toes taken off...anyway the next day we went to surgery and when I woke up my throat hurt my toes hurt and I cried Mom where are my toes....SHE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT WHAT DOC TOLD ME....she called the doc in and he cracked up...and said to me...I was kidding...your toes are fine.....I always looked at him differently after that....and I dont play in hospital anymore!

LOL ! ;D ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

fleamistress said:
stoney56 said:
When I was youg, about 6, I had to go to the hospital for eye surgery. While there, the folks brought me a toy to play with. It was one of those rubber toy spiders that jumped when the bulb was squeezed. One day I laid in wait next to the door and when a nurse carrying a couple of bedpans was walking down the hall, I gave it a couple of quick squeezes. She saw it, screamed, threw one of the bedpans at the spider and the other went up into the air. BTW, they weren't empty in the beginning. Needless to say, the spider was confiscated and stayed at the nurse's station till I went home. They gave it to the folks and it was 5 years before I ever saw it again. ;)

They botched your surgery?

LOL Cyn, it took three surgeries and I still to this day see double. Comes in handy when seeing bikini clad gals and for looking at the pile of the days finds and think I found twice as much. ;D

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fleamistress said:
An easy one to post is the old everybody out of the car and run around it a few times until the light turns green again...

CHINESE FIRE DRILL!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ronandann said:
Jeffro...were you ever in the NAVY? LMAO.....sounds kinda' like pranks we pulled in the Navy....like asking a "new recruit, first time at sea" to go to the bosuns locker and get "2 fathoms of water line", or go to the engine room for "10 feet of fallopian tube", or standing the "mail buoy watch" while at sea...or better yet....sending someone to find the keys so the Captain can get the ship underway LOL...........You brought back some memories LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey Ronandann:

I was in both the Navy and the Army. Here are some of the best of the military pranks:

Navy
1. Sea Bat: Somebody gets the cherry (new guy/girl) to come and see the Sea Bat they caught (while at sea). There is a big box that somebody is guarding on a weather deck. About the time they tip up the box so the cherry can see underneath, 4 or 5 people with brooms jump out and go to work on the cherry (not seriously hard).

2. On an Aircraft carrier, you get the cherry running all over the ship looking for a case of "padeyes" (that is the little steel cross welded into a small depression in the flight deck used to tie down aircraft).

3. Send the cherry all over the ship looking for about 100 feet of flight line.

4. Anything you can imagine during the shellback initiation ceremony. I crossed at 0 Long by 0 Lat (Royal Diamond Shellback).

5. Crossing the Arctic Circle, I was made to run laps around the deck to get my "Blue Nose Certificate"

6. Got beat up again crossing the International Date Line (Golden Dragon).

Got numbers 4 and 6 on the USS Carl Vinson World Cruise '83.

ARMY

1. When stationed in an airborne unit, you could be sent running all over base looking for Parachute Canopy Lights (No such thing)

2. Flight Line (See in Navy)

3. Sent all over base looking for a box of grid squares (grid squares are what a map is divided into).

I'm sure there are many others I have forgotten or left out, but you get the idea! I left out the really sadistic ones, but they are for another post!

Best,
Mike

Attachments

• 027031.jpg
    027031.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 389
  • 027035.jpg
    027035.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 385

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

LOL Gollum....forgot about the FLIGHT LINE (we only had Helo Decks on Tenders...so that was not used, that I am aware of...but we had similiar pranks when I was stationed out of VF-101 Oceana and VF-124 Miramar, shore command versions LOL)

But the Sea Bat...totally forgot that. Got pics of "a wet behind the ears Ensign" who just checked onboard prior to our Med Cruise...LMAO....they got him to the fantail and he was checking out the SEA BAT and then one of the other senior officers WHOOPED his butt!!!!!!!!! LMAO....they are some great pics!!! You should have seen the look on his face when someone was making the BAT BOX move like something was in there....just thinking about....gawd...that was funny as all get out!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many pranks we pulled...and we sure did have a blast!!! Those were the good ol' days. My dau is in the Navy now and they just don't have fun like we use to have fun!!! LOL

HH............Annmarie

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III

In army aviation we always got the newbies to go get some Rotor Wash, Frequency Grease, Flight Line, and probably 20 other things I can't remember at the moment.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Working for an ambulance service, we had plenty of opportunity to pull pranks on others.
1).We would flip all the switches for the lights and sirens to the on position, so when the
truck was started, the truck would start making all kinds of noise and light up like a
christmas tree.
2). Another prank that we would pull would be to have the newbe do the daily "truck
check" with us the say that we need a canooter valve. We would tell them it was a
new one way valve used for the resusciation equipment. Go in and check the supply
room for a canooter valve. They would spend a good portion of the day looking the
canooter valve.
3). There was this guy I used to work with who was cheap and would pick up all the
spare change that was left around. One day, we super glued pennies to the floor. It
was hysterical trying to watch him try to pick them up.

There is a whole host of other pranks that we pulled. Boy, those were the good old days.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VF101 Grim Reapers, VF84 Jolly Rogers, and VF111 Sundowners were the first squadrons that flew off the Carl Vinson. It was so new, it didn't have it's own squadrons assigned yet.

They can't! Everything is too politically correct! Did you know that the entire Shellback initiation has changed because some idiot lawyer deemed it as a form of hazing?

For those of you who don't know what Shellback Initiation is/was, it is when a Naval Vessel crosses the Equator. The sailors (both officers and enlisted) who have not done it before are called "Pollywogs" The sailors who have gone through the initiation are called "Shellbacks" There are TWO DAYS in the Navy when rank has no meaning; the day before you cross the line (called wog day), and the day you cross the line (initiation day). On Wog day, somewhere on the ship, a Jolly Roger Flag is hidden. The Pollywogs can rebel and if they can find the Jolly Roger, and fly it from the yardarm, then the entire crew are automatically Shellbacks and don't have to go through the initiation. If you rebel (but don't find or fly the Jolly Roger), you stand about a 100% chance that the shellbacks will remember who you are, and single you out for "Special Attention" during the initiation ceremony.

I was one of 6 or 7 instigators of the Pollywog Rebellion on the Carl Vinson. We kidnapped dozens of high ranking Shellbacks. Completely coated them with heavy grease. Rolled them up in canvas. Hung them upside down, and beat them with short lengths of firehose, trying to find out if any of them knew where the Jolly Roger was hidden. They didn't talk, but we didn't give up. All of the Marine Detachment on board were pollywogs as well. The COs and XOs bodyguards ransacked their staterooms. Went through their safes. You name it. Turns out the CO had it laid flat under the carpet in his ststeroom.

On Initiation Day, everybody is woken up extra early. All the Pollywogs who participated in the rebellion are read a summons from King Neptune and Davey Jones. You are then required to get dresses with all your close on inside out and backwards. That means your pants, then your undies. Your shirt, then your tshirt. Myself and the other instigators had BIG Ss painted on our backs (which meant we were to get "Special Attention"). We had to crawl all over the ship on our hands and knees. All the Shellbacks were dressed like Pirates (just like in the movie "Down Periscope" with Kelsea Grammar). We were soaked and beaten. Crawled through weeks of old saved wet garbage. Had to go through (several times due to my Special Attention Status). It was a day of retribution for all the poor shellbacks we had tortured the day before. We crossed the equator at 0 Long by 0 Lat. that made us Royal Diamond Shellbacks.

For a full description of Shellback Initiation, google that term.

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rich in Texas said:
In army aviation we always got the newbies to go get some Rotor Wash, Frequency Grease, Flight Line, and probably 20 other things I can't remember at the moment.

FREQUENCY GREASE! That's one I forgot! I was Communications (I should have remembered that one)!

Mike

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Gollum, we were 50 miles from the Equator and the Captain comes over the 1MC and announces that WE CAN NOT CROSS. It was a political thing!!! UGH. Due to the fact that we WOMEN were onboard, the bigwigs decided it was in the best interest not to allow us to cross. I was so looking forward to becoming a SHELLBACK!!! We were Plankowners as well. That was our Maiden Voyage from San Diego (where we were built at NASSCO) to Norfolk, VA (our homeport). That would have been the icing on the cake for us Plankowners, for those who were not Shellbacks to become one!!! But I guess no sense in crying over spilled milk...huh? We did go through the Panama Canal...that was awesome!!!

And speaking of Army, when I was stationed at Ft. Myers...a bunch of my friends from the "3rd Herd" played a big joke on me. I was learning to drive and my best buddy was letting me use her car (we are still best friends after 30 years!!). Well, we were in the parking lot and I was getting ready to take off. (By the way, my best buddy was apart of this!). The guys said they wanted to check under the hood to make sure everything was ok. I didn't know anything about cars. Well, all done and I get ready to take off. Now the streets between the barracks were one way. I pull out of the parking lot and I put my foot on the brake and the HORN GOES OFF!!! (I can't remember everything...but to give you an idea)....I stopped in the middle of the road. My best buddy was yelling, "DON'T STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD"...so I pull down a street, going the wrong way!!! My windsheild wipers went off, the radio turned on. (I just can't remember the order they did it in, if I did one thing, something else would happen!!) ... But I do remember that when I pressed the brakes, the HORN went off!!!

I was a nervous wreck, but in the end....we all laughed ... including me!!! Guess that was a way for my Army Buddies to get the NAVY!!! LOL

Don't forget the QUARTER one too....where you rub a quarters edge on a pencil and the give someone the coordination test. When done, they have a pencil line going across their face and another from their forehead to chin. And how about the ink on the phone...so when you are done talking, you have a black ink mark around your ear. YES...I was victim to these pranks too...I'm just so gulible (well, I use to be, I got smarter LOL)

HH and Happy Pranking........Annmarie

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A lot like the one where you tell somebody that you just read a magazine article that says if a persons outstretched hand is wider than theiur face, they are supposed to be gay.

When they open their hand, and hold it in front of their face, you slap the back of their hand, and it gives them a good whack right in the nose!

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's a good one for Realde,

Although it works best for a Gringo that doesn't speak Spanish fluently, you'll get this one.

You go to a Spanish Speaker. Ask him (has to be a guy, and homophobes are best) How do you say , "I like" in Spanish?

He says, Me gusta.

You say "ok thak you. Now how do you say "To see?"

He says "Ver"

You say "Thanks again. Now how do you say "Gas?"

He says "You say GAS."

Now, you tell him to put all that together in a sentence. Say in Spanish "I LIKE TO SEE GAS."

He says "Me Gusta Vergas." (translation: I like penises!) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They realize what they are saying as it is coming out of their mouths, and get embarrassed. It's hilarious!

Mike

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I didn't have my drivers license ( revoked ) Going to work I slid on some ice while going around a curve and put my car into the guarderail. The fender smashed into the tire and the battery was busted open. I got a screwdriver and took the plates off and left everything in the car,tools some clothes, money, tapes and the nice radio..
A guy from work was coming down the road and gave me a ride to work.
A good friend at work had his girlfriend call me at work that afternoon saying that she was with the Des Plaines Police Dept. and that the car was impounded and that for the tow it was going to cost me $100.00 and to bring the money to the police station. A bunch of people already knew what was going on. I walked around the shop asking to borrow money from people and everyone didn't have any to borrow me. I finaly went to the friend that started all this and explained the whole story and how nobody had any cash to borrow me . so I asked him for the whole $100 and he gives it to me while laughing his head off...22 years later we still laugh about it... I will say he got me good....

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The best one (I helped pull} was the Christmas before my husband and I got married .
He was becomming a stepfather as well as a husband. I had found my daughter had found some of her Christmas gifts opened them and re hid them. well I also knew this was rthe first year she'd not belived in the big guy. well daddy to be had a talkwith the town Santa about what happened
Christmas Eve night as we were getting back to his parents house the front door opened and in walked Santa her mouth fell open, Santa said come here Tammy he put her on his lap and told all about her dog and several other things no one but he could know, then he told her all about the gifts we got a great pic of her finger on her lips sshing him.
after that she believed a few more years.
What a great 1st Christmas with her new dad.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

A few years ago I worked as a District Manager for the local newspaper, and the Circulation Director (Boss' Boss' Boss), was a nazi about his yard.......

One day another DM and I were out and about, and happened to be in his neighborhood (in a town where the average home is about 125K, this neighborhood is full of 400K homes...), and we decided to pull a prank on him about his (beloved) lawn. I called his home telephone from my cell phone, and left a message* (hiding my phone number, of course), claiming to be from the "____ County Lawn Enforcement", and that the 'neighbors were beginning to complain about the snakes', and 'could he please mow his grass'...........This for a yard that rivals Augusta National Golf Course.

A couple of days go by, and the same co-worker and I are in the office, within earshot of the Director's office, and he asks me about my yard, and if I ever got around to mowing it, and I replied "Yes, because the neighbors were complaining about the snakes" (the same complaint that was lodged against the Director's yard....). Well, the Director comes SCREAMING out of his office, yelling "you sons-of bit#@$@", over and over again.........the whole office stops working, and by the time we related the whole story to EVERYONE, they're holding their sides, laughing themselves silly.

It turns out that that evening when he got the message, he had his entire family (Catholic, lots of slaves, er, kids) doing a complete mow, edge, trim job on the entire estate...........And as they were working, he said they would stop and glare at each neighborhood car that passed, wondering 'is this the one who ratted us out'..............

*And the funny thing is, his home answering system, which won't accept a message if you hide your number, was defeated by my cell phone, so he didn't know who had called him, because he had never heard of the County Lawn Enforcement, which, of course, doesn't exist.

Thanks for reading. Sorry so long.

Roger

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#1 I was in the ARMY. Not long after I got to my permanent duty station, my platoon sergeant had me calling around to the different sections looking for chemlite batteries.
#2 When I first started MDing I was on the beach. I was pretty focused on the ground in front of me when I see a dollar bill sitting close to the water line. It was pretty windy that day every time I would get close to it, it would move away. I thought it was strange because the wind was blowing towards me and the dollar was moving away from me. After a while I look up and about 25 feet in front of me is a 10 year old boy and his mom laughing their heads off. The boy was holding a small fishing rod and just guess what was on the other end of that line!
#3 When I was in high school, I worked at a theater. Me and a buddy would rip the one end of a dollar bill and place it under the straw dispenser at the concession stand. We got some good laughs watching peoples reactions.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This one wasn't pulled by me, But by a friend unintentionally.

The man is about 80 now, so I'd say he did this about 60 or so years ago.
He and his Brother Carved a Face in Rock.
several years later a local Amatuer Archaeoligist Came upon it & Removed it to Harrisburg to the Museum.
Nothing like it has ever been found, and the Museum couldn't explain it.
It has been Featured in Magazines & Books for years.

Attachments

• z001.jpg
    z001.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 243

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good

When I was in Junior High many years ago my best friends sister had gone to summer camp one year. When she came back she told us this story....

Each lodge had a "Den Mother" that made sure that the girls stayed out of trouble.
It was the last day at camp and the cabin had to be cleaned up with all the beds made and the bathroom had to be spotless. Well.... almost. After making the beds and cleaning the bathroom my friends sister smeared PEANUT BUTTER on the seat of the toilet. After the den mother checked the beds she went to the bathroom to check how clean it was.

All of a sudden the girls hear a scream and they all came running.

The den mother was standing over the toilet and said "Is.. is.. is that what I think it is?"
My friends sister wiped a finger through it, stuck it in her mouth and said "YUP it is!"

The den mother fainted.

I still laugh today just thinking of it. Wish I had been there to see it. She was really twisted sometimes.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was helping our at the local Boy Scout Klondike Derby. Our station was gold panning! Great fun. We were given a bunch of old wooden nickles to give out to the boys. I concocted the story that they were good for trade at the camp store, See (A certain person) for your free candy bar. When I walked into the camp store that evening this certain person threatened me with bodily harm and called me a few choice names. All because he had been asked by almost 200 boys about a free candy bar. After it was all over everyone involved did have a good laugh.

Ed D.

::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions