Who is our bottle expert? Even More pics!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We found a LOT of bottles in one of our storage units we bought this weekend. This is probably 1/4 of them. I am hoping someone is knowledgable enough to educate us a bit before David has the garage sale this weekend. I already told him he can't sell them all for a quarter each but I think he wants more info than that! lol There are tons of them in many different colors. Even purple! :D I kinda like purple! :P I can take as many pictures as needed if someone can help me with this. Thanks oh so very much!

Attachments

• DSC01411.JPG
    DSC01411.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,663
  • DSC01412.JPG
    DSC01412.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,589
  • DSC01413.JPG
    DSC01413.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,591
Upvote 0

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Who is our bottle expert?

SWR: Thanks.

Syn: Several years ago, one onliner wrote: "Hello, I am trying to see if I have a valuable bottle. The exact wording on the bottle is "NECTAR OF THE GOLDEN LIFE OF HEALTH AND VITALITY". The opposite side of the bottle says "STRAUBMULLER'S ELIXIR" below that the bottle than has a beautiful tree logo and then the words "TREE OF LIFE SINCE 1880" all the printing on the bottle is raised. The bottle seems to have a sloping collar,& is approximately 8 inches tall. The color seems to be a light cobalt to medium cobalt or Peacock Blue in color. It has a smooth base (I think) and I would call the condition excellent. On the base it says "Wheaton, N.J. Could you please let me know where I could find information on this bottle? Thank you.
Response given: "Your bottle is one of the many Wheaton reproduction or fantasy bottles would be a better description since no real bottle from the 19th century was ever embossed with the above wording."

[email protected]

Source:http://www.bottlebooks.com/questions/March2000/March_questions.htm

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

To cool !! Some of these are really collectible that you have posted !! I want to see more ;D ;D ;D The colbalt blue,purple and light greens are my favorites in bottle collecting :)

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

You guys are awesome! So many sites to look at and great help from everyone! David took one of the little chinese opium bottles to our treasure club meeting tonight and it was voted as one of the best finds of the month. I will try and get more pictures of other bottles in the group and post them for everyone as well. My favorites are the purple and the blue ones but there are just so many! :D Now if I just had a room of display cases to keep them all! lol No way...David would kill me! ;) You guys have all been very helpful and I appreciate all the comments and suggestions for places to research the bottles. Thanks a million!!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

downindixie said:
The green bottle shaped like a cabin is worth quite a few bucks if not a reproduction.
ditto i saw one that was posted here (i think) sold for some $$$$$$$

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

:o :o :o :o
No time for anymore than that but you know what I am thinking!
Take care and dont get rippped off selling these!!!!!!
~Nash~

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Nashoba said:
:o :o :o :o
No time for anymore than that but you know what I am thinking!
Take care and dont get rippped off selling these!!!!!!
~Nash~

Sure is good to see a post from you again bro!! Miss ya! Hurry up and get online up there! Not to worry on the bottles...David made enough on the garage sale today to pay for the units so he is not in panic mode anymore and he still has tomorrow and a LOT of stuff so I put them all away! :D :D I do not want to sell them at a garage sale for next to nothing, if that is the case I will keep them....hmmm now where to put them? rofl No doubt I will be getting rid of some but not unless it is someone that truly loves the bottles! and the purple ones.....well those will be hard to part with as much as I love purple! lol I already have a bunch in my kitchen windows! :D :D

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Oh wow really sweet finds,the Warners Safe is sweet looking,this is the best bottle site on the net http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/ you can post any bottle there and get an id as well as an estimate and usually offers. In addition a lot of bottle diggers post there stories there and there is a wealth of information for bottle education. One poster already mentioned looking for a pontil mark on the bottom,those would be your oldest. The most valuable are the little bitty green,blue or yellow poisons. They all have a lot of embossing on them so you wouldnt make any mistake in the middle of the night and take poison instead of your 'cure' or 'remedy'. Congratulations you are a bottle collector/dealer...Shoot

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice collection of bottles ! Looks like you have gotten some very good advice so far.When i saw the pic's I thought OMG i hope its not to late and she sold em all ! A genuine log cabin bitters recently sold for $40,000 ! Poison's seem to be very collectable and the cobalt blue bottles are some of the most valuable.My brother recently sold a colbolt blue blob top beer for over $700 and it was broken ! Good luck with em ! ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kieser sousa said:
A genuine log cabin bitters recently sold for $40,000 !
thats the one im talking about

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

E.G.Booz's,is that the repo bottle ? The log cabin bitters are normally the brown glass i believe.I've never found a whole one but have found broken ones.The one that sold for big bucks was a diff.color glass.forget which though.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I think the EG Booz's log cabin whiskey bottle is a repro....I have only found brown ones in the bottle books I found anyway. It is a cool bottle but it is a blue green color instead of the brown.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Cynangyl,The mixing bowls in the first pic,are they Jadeite ?? My brother sold a jadeite spoon rest with original label on Ebay for $2000 ! ;D

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania

Way to go on the bottles ;D If you wanna sell any of the purple ones let me know, purple is my favorite color ;)

Post more pics of the bottles, I'd be happy to help ID/Research them if ya want.

Found this info...
http://www.bottlebooks.com/booze.htm

EG Booz Old Cabin Whiskey
The distinctive cabin-shaped EG Booz Whiskey bottle is certainly one of the most famous of American bottles and one of the most reproduced. This bottle was originally produced in 6 molds and originals are almost always amber or olive green in color, with rare aqua and clear.
Most reproduction Booze Bottles can be detected by studying the details of the corners of the peaks of the roof. In reproductions, the cut off corners of the roof will extend below the first row of shingles.
Distinguishing marks on repro examples include CB on the base, which stands for Clevenger Brothers of New Jersey. Examples marked "Nuline" or "Booz Bottle" are of more recent vintage.

If it is embossed with E.C. instead of E.G. it is a repro . Or if it has BOOZE BOTTLE embossed on the base it is a repro.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

looks like you scored a rather nice bottle collection left behind in a storage unit.--- be careful and learn what you got before selling -- as always remember the old adage though --- its "real" $ worth is what your will to taken in $ and their wiling to give in $ -- it can be more at times than "book value" but is normally often much less that book value -- everyone wants a "bargin" if their buying for their collection -- or they want to get it cheap to maximaze their profit on the reselling of it (might take them awhile and they don't want to "tie" up too much $ ) -- or as I like to say -- most folks are just plain "cheap" for the most part --- Ivan

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

kieser sousa said:
Hi Cynangyl,The mixing bowls in the first pic,are they Jadeite ?? My brother sold a jadeite spoon rest with original label on Ebay for $2000 ! ;D

they are some old pyrex bowls. I am not familiar with jadite.
TeddyB1967 said:
Way to go on the bottles ;D If you wanna sell any of the purple ones let me know, purple is my favorite color ;)

Post more pics of the bottles, I'd be happy to help ID/Research them if ya want.

Found this info...
http://www.bottlebooks.com/booze.htm

EG Booz Old Cabin Whiskey
The distinctive cabin-shaped EG Booz Whiskey bottle is certainly one of the most famous of American bottles and one of the most reproduced. This bottle was originally produced in 6 molds and originals are almost always amber or olive green in color, with rare aqua and clear.
Most reproduction Booze Bottles can be detected by studying the details of the corners of the peaks of the roof. In reproductions, the cut off corners of the roof will extend below the first row of shingles.
Distinguishing marks on repro examples include CB on the base, which stands for Clevenger Brothers of New Jersey. Examples marked "Nuline" or "Booz Bottle" are of more recent vintage.

If it is embossed with E.C. instead of E.G. it is a repro . Or if it has BOOZE BOTTLE embossed on the base it is a repro.

Purple is MY favorite color too! :D Thanks so much for the info on the Booz bottle. I will try to get a better look at it when I get home tonight and start taking more photos.

ivan salis said:
looks like you scored a rather nice bottle collection left behind in a storage unit.--- be careful and learn what you got before selling -- as always remember the old adage though --- its "real" $ worth is what your will to taken in $ and their wiling to give in $ -- it can be more at times than "book value" but is normally often much less that book value -- everyone wants a "bargin" if their buying for their collection -- or they want to get it cheap to maximaze their profit on the reselling of it (might take them awhile and they don't want to "tie" up too much $ ) -- or as I like to say -- most folks are just plain "cheap" for the most part --- Ivan

You got that one right...it is all in who wants it and what they want to pay. We found that out real clear on an old trunk we found. David was only asking $5 for it because the clasps and handles were damaged. Some lady went off on him, NO ONE will pay that much for that with it all broken and stomped to her car and left....he pulled off the price tag and was trying to decide what to do with it....someone came up and asked him what he wanted for it....he asked her to make an offer and she offered $20 lol

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Throw them all off the balcony and record the crashing sound. That'd be cool. ;D

Good finds. I know nothing about bottles, except what to do with them when they're empty.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions