Video - Sorting zinc/copper cents with a metal detector

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool! My only problem is that I don't have a detector yet :laughing7:

Have you found all of those Indian Heads through CRHing?

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Neat video - I have a Whites MXT but I think I still prefer the old fashioned way of eyeballing the dates and then weighing the 1982s. I guess if my volume increased in pennies, this could work well for me but I enjoy sitting in front of the tv after work hunting goodies!

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zephr said:
Very cool! My only problem is that I don't have a detector yet :laughing7:

Have you found all of those Indian Heads through CRHing?

No. I wish. Those have all been purchased. I have yet to find an Indian Head through CRH'ing. I do fairly low volume. My son and I do about one box a week on average.

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImpurestStewart said:
I throughly enjoyed that.I guess if you are doing serious volume that would speed it up alot!!

Thanks! For truly serious volume the best bet is the Ryedale. But for guys like me with bad eyes and the desire to do at least a box a week, it is a great option. Especially since I already had the metal detector and didn't have to purchase anything. I can literally close my eyes and sort my coins. It is very low stress compared to weighing or trying to date search.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
wow, Im impressed mts... at first I was like, "yeah right, use my MD to sort copper/zinc cents.... that would take twice as much time as what I do now (Im still old fashioned, I havent committed to culling copper cents yet, so when I do, its all by date searching...)-until now. Seeing how fast you can do that, it is definately faster than date checking. I think im gonna have to bust out the etrac tomorrow and give that a try...

Good luck, and keep culling/stacking.

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rock Doc. But I doubt the e-Trac will work. From what I hear, those can only detect silver. ;D

The e-Trac will be my next detector purchase for sure. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread