Someone asked me in another thread how I use my metal detector to sort cents. I went ahead and made a video showing my technique. It is obviously not as fast as a Ryedale. But it sure beats sorting by date or by weight.
Neat video - I have a Whites MXT but I think I still prefer the old fashioned way of eyeballing the dates and then weighing the 1982s. I guess if my volume increased in pennies, this could work well for me but I enjoy sitting in front of the tv after work hunting goodies!
No. I wish. Those have all been purchased. I have yet to find an Indian Head through CRH'ing. I do fairly low volume. My son and I do about one box a week on average.
Thanks! For truly serious volume the best bet is the Ryedale. But for guys like me with bad eyes and the desire to do at least a box a week, it is a great option. Especially since I already had the metal detector and didn't have to purchase anything. I can literally close my eyes and sort my coins. It is very low stress compared to weighing or trying to date search.
wow, Im impressed mts... at first I was like, "yeah right, use my MD to sort copper/zinc cents.... that would take twice as much time as what I do now (Im still old fashioned, I havent committed to culling copper cents yet, so when I do, its all by date searching...)-until now. Seeing how fast you can do that, it is definately faster than date checking. I think im gonna have to bust out the etrac tomorrow and give that a try...