kazcoro
Hero Member
Well, I joined one of the local clubs last week.
Got me a shiny new Maverick Gold Buddy.
Went out to one of the LSD claims. All by myself. Couldn't find anyone to go with,
can't let that stop me.
I walked around out there for a couple of hours and checked the place out.
Lots of people digging and drywashing in the past. Nobody was out there on Saturday, though.
I sampled a couple places with a pan, and no color.
I finally has to break the drywasher out, and sampled a little side wash, no color.
I went around upstream to the north further, and found a nice wash. Maybe 15 feet wide at the sand level.
I looked around, and found more eviedence of people working in the past. I saw a 3 foot line of small gravel in the side of the wash, and decided that that is where I was going to go to town.
I ran about 30 shovels through, and then ran the material a couple more times. It had just rained here for two days just two days ago,
and it was damp. Not wet, just a little damp. I panned out the riffle box, and found....COLOR.
A good 10-15 small flakes.
Now, I am stoked. I ran two more runs about 20-30 shovels each, and had the same results. I then decided to try running the sand from the bottom of the wash itself. When I started running the sand out of the wash, I noticed immediately how much more dirt I was running versus stones and gravel coming off the grizzly compared to the side of the wash.
I mean that the previous material I was running was mostly gravel. Very little dirt for each shovelful. In one run of the bottom of the wash, I ran more dirt through the machine than all three runs combined from the side of the wash.
The wash gave me the same results. about 10-15 small flakes. I then broke out the vacuum and vacced the hole that I had dug in the wash.
Ended up being about a 5 gal bucket full. I ran that through the washer, and same result. Not as many, but still gold. By this time it is getting late, and I packed up. I had run out of cigs about 2 hours ago,
and it was still an hour to a store, so I boogied out of there.
I think looking back, that it doesn't matter where you work if you are in a gold bearing area. I also think that I need to be more picky. If you want to find a good amount, you have to not be willing to settle just because you are seeing gold.I also think that your take will be proportionate to the amount of material you move. And, also, how quickly. In the dry, you can move the material more quickly. Two people would help alot too. It is a pain in the
to have to scrape the griz after every shovel.
Anyways, I just wanted to share with you all my first outing with the Gold Buddy. It is a dirt eating machine
Went out to one of the LSD claims. All by myself. Couldn't find anyone to go with,
can't let that stop me. I walked around out there for a couple of hours and checked the place out.
Lots of people digging and drywashing in the past. Nobody was out there on Saturday, though.I sampled a couple places with a pan, and no color.
I finally has to break the drywasher out, and sampled a little side wash, no color.
I went around upstream to the north further, and found a nice wash. Maybe 15 feet wide at the sand level. I looked around, and found more eviedence of people working in the past. I saw a 3 foot line of small gravel in the side of the wash, and decided that that is where I was going to go to town.
I ran about 30 shovels through, and then ran the material a couple more times. It had just rained here for two days just two days ago,
and it was damp. Not wet, just a little damp. I panned out the riffle box, and found....COLOR.
A good 10-15 small flakes.
Now, I am stoked. I ran two more runs about 20-30 shovels each, and had the same results. I then decided to try running the sand from the bottom of the wash itself. When I started running the sand out of the wash, I noticed immediately how much more dirt I was running versus stones and gravel coming off the grizzly compared to the side of the wash.
I mean that the previous material I was running was mostly gravel. Very little dirt for each shovelful. In one run of the bottom of the wash, I ran more dirt through the machine than all three runs combined from the side of the wash. The wash gave me the same results. about 10-15 small flakes. I then broke out the vacuum and vacced the hole that I had dug in the wash.
Ended up being about a 5 gal bucket full. I ran that through the washer, and same result. Not as many, but still gold. By this time it is getting late, and I packed up. I had run out of cigs about 2 hours ago,
and it was still an hour to a store, so I boogied out of there. I think looking back, that it doesn't matter where you work if you are in a gold bearing area. I also think that I need to be more picky. If you want to find a good amount, you have to not be willing to settle just because you are seeing gold.I also think that your take will be proportionate to the amount of material you move. And, also, how quickly. In the dry, you can move the material more quickly. Two people would help alot too. It is a pain in the
to have to scrape the griz after every shovel. Anyways, I just wanted to share with you all my first outing with the Gold Buddy. It is a dirt eating machine

Upvote
0



Everybody that I have talked to has said that they thought there in no way this guy is out here to prospect.
WTH? I stir up the box really good, and it starts to run again. For a little while. Then, it gums up again.
As you can imagine, there are ALOT of mexican hammers around. (Big rock.) I quickly figure out that the cover pops right off with a little smackdown, WWE style. Back to pulling dipstick. Back to wiping off said dipstick. Sometime during this process, I wonder how I look. I have driven a 185 MPH muscle car into the middle of the Sonoran desert, and now have the hood open. But, there is nothing wrong with the car, ground clearance aside. LOL. I get the blade to spin freely, and I am back in business.
I run another run with the drywasher, and start looking around for a new area. 
HI! So, I run my first run, and holy sh%^, there are ten flakes in my pan. Okay, this is going to make it all worth it. Until the second run. No flakes. A little color. One more time for good luck, right? Same thing, a little color, no more. I move over to the other side of the pile, and it starts to come back again. A little. I finally got too tired and discouraged to go on about 3:30. Time to pack up and head home. I should be getting good at this by now, huh? 
I could hear it too, but didn't think it was a baby, I thought it was someone's radio. They couldn't stand the waiting, and flipped their Harley's around and took off shortly. About 5 minutes after that, the lady in the truck in front of me gets out, opens the back door, and pulls out a toddler boy. And he is WAILING! I remark how is a growler, and she tells me that he has a temp of 103. I offered her some ice and a rag, and she declined.
I really think she should have taken it, but like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. 







