PEOPLES BEHAVIOR AT THE BEACH

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not what you might think when you clicked on this post.

Today had a super low tide in South Carolina about 11:30 am so I detected Garden City and Surfside Beaches during the crowded time.

Found some sinkers, hot wheel car, some clad and the usual pull tabs, bottle caps and a couple chewed up cans with sharp edges.

A couple hours in the hunt a man and wife came over to me and said "it is awful hot out here. Would you like an ice cold water and handed me a cold bottled drink!"
That brought a smile to my face. He is a fisherman so he ended up with a couple 4 oz sinkers with hooks and tackle.

While we were talking another man came up and asked me what I recovered. It was sharp aluminum scrap. He said let me take that trash to the barrel for you.
Wow...he took that and another partial can from me for disposal.

Next was a man and boy asking about the hobby and how to get started. Very nice fellow. I asked him if his boy liked hot wheels. He said that was one of
his favorite toys. I gave him the one I dug and you would have thought it was the whole world. The boy thanked me probably 4 times before running to the water
to clean off his new toy!

On the way back to the car a couple sitting outside a condo asked me what I dug today. I said mostly pull tabs, bottle caps and pieces of aluminum cans along with some coins.
The lady said they were watching me and wanted to thank me for helping keep the beach clean as they appreciated that!

As far as finds go today wasn't on any particular note. But I left the beach with a smile on my face and with a little faith in humanity :hello2:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that sounds like a good day!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a wonder community; I wish all of us could experience that more often, or for some folks on here at least once.

I have only ever been thanked for cleaning things up at parks and and fresh water shores; the salt water shores and surf I hunt are mainly tourist areas, I am there after their lost valuables and they normally avoid me or ask very odd questions. But recently I was graced with the company of a fellow hunter who claimed he was too high to dig his finds. His conversation was a warm welcome and pretty funny as well.

I hope you find more communities such as the one you did today. Sounds like a great place to hand out business cards for MDing.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm proud of you being the perfect Ambassador to our Hobby. :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright::weee:
Marvin

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. There are still great people in this country, we just don't hear of it that often. Thanks for sharing your day.

HH, Relic Nut

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure is nice hearing positives about humanity. Thanks for taking the time to post what happened at the beach. Good news is very seldom heard now a days.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Applause - Copy.gif

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
leave the gold and silver for me, I'll be down that way in August

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, I only get kids wanting to see or hot ladies offering me beer and sunscreen

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I experienced the flip side yesterday. Recovered a ring for a lady yesterday. Nada, zilch.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
There are still good and kind people here and there.

Perhaps they will inspire more.

Thanks for the story.

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your good day!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to hear! Restores a little faith in mankind.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I like to read! People being good for no thought of reward - Pay it forward everyone!

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome! I really think one of the things we need to push as beach detectors is that we clean the beaches. Pictures of our trash and stuff. When people ask me what I found I say garbage and tell them I am cleaning the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions