AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silvers before COPs kick me. Live digs Video !

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silver's before COP's kick me. Live dig's Video !

this video is 1 day before I get kicked out of the park by the cops :sadsmiley:

this spot was the best silver spot ever .I know there is more silver in the ground .I only went over half of this awesome spot :sad1:...One day I will go back !.. ......maybe tomorrow .:laughing7:.

4 silver the day I took the video ..3 of them BIG silver's !. 2 silver before I got kicked out .video coming soon :laughing7:... so take a look at my video and see the awesome big Deep silver's I saved from the ground .....the cop said my coin were cool ..but I still had to leave :crybaby2:

IMAGE00058.jpg IMAGE00059.jpg
IMAGE00065.jpg IMAGE00066.jpg
IMAGE00068.jpg IMAGE00067.jpg
072513144304.jpg 072513144326.jpg
IMAGE00069.jpg IMAGE00070.jpg 072513144221.jpg 072513144244.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver what kind of park are you in up there in MA, the silver is ridicoulous, PM if youd like check out this standing I found 502petrie on youtube

I was in a old 1800's city park before that it was a farm .. I looked at your youtube video subed/liked .. awesome you found the the same 1917 standing...lol... is your a S or d ?

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks i went back for 20 minutes..and i save a mirc lol

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its all good man I know your just trying to help me out and I thank you for that ... its not a full blown shovel it 2' long its a small shovel . it make my life so easy . not having to bend over all that much .I have a bad back ..

I can sympathize. I'm not young anymore either. :) But, doesn't lifting those manhole covers back into place get troublesome? They look like they would hurt my back! LOL

It's a shame we have to do ANYTHING to keep from being harassed. But, such is our life. :dontknow:

Happy Hunting!

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a huge plug for a public park. LOL! I can see someone being upset.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude 2 halfs in one day is outstanding!

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EACH TOWN HAS ITS OWN RULES ABOUT MD IN MASS BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE TOWN THAT FORBIDS MD THAT IS TOPSFIELD YOU CAN SEE ALL THE RULES ON IT ON MASS.GOV GOOD LUCK GREAT VIDEO

Last edited:

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in a old 1800's city park before that it was a farm .. I looked at your youtube video subed/liked .. awesome you found the the same 1917 standing...lol... is your a S or d ?

Mines an S!!! Nice job on all the banners I'm still looking for my gold coin, can't wait to find that one with my name on it!

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your gonna plant a tree. Use Pinpoint mode and narrow it down..........

Pinpoint dont work so well when the targets are deep ...it was not working at all with the 10" target ...that spot is in the sun all day ..big plugs live longer in the heat ..all of them are still alive .I don't dig big plugs all the time just when there is something deep and I am in a spot were I dont want to kill the grass....if its a shallow target I will just cut a straight line

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can sympathize. I'm not young anymore either. :) But, doesn't lifting those manhole covers back into place get troublesome? They look like they would hurt my back! LOL

It's a shame we have to do ANYTHING to keep from being harassed. But, such is our life. :dontknow:

Happy Hunting!

..that spot is in the sun all day ..big plugs live longer in the heat ..all of them are still alive .I don't dig big plugs all the time just when there is something deep and I am in a spot were I dont want to kill the grass....if its a shallow target I will just cut a straight line ..and yes lifting those manhole covers back into place get troublesome...but if there is deep silver I will do it ..its not every day I here a deep target like that LOL

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a huge plug for a public park. LOL! I can see someone being upset.

I was in a well hidden spot... it was ether a guy walking buy.. or some lady walking here dog that called the cops ... I was not digging when ether one walked buy.. just swinging the coil ...like I sad the video was a day before I got kicked out ...on the day I got kicked out I was in a shady spot and dug a small plug for the 1936 quarter it was only 7" down ..and small 4" plug for the mirc dime that was only 5 " down ...

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Beautiful coins! Congrats! :thumbsup: But taking a shovel into a park, even a small one, will probably get you kicked off....Too bad we have to be discreet like that but shovels in a park looks bad. People get the impression that open holes will be left behind. They really don't understand what we do.

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you delete your Video? I have gone to site and still cant find it. Did notice some of your vid's have ads. Could that be it?

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you delete your Video? I have gone to site and still cant find it. Did notice some of your vid's have ads. Could that be it?

no its still up.. it should not have.. ads I shut that off and I dont get payed LOL so no ads on my videos.. might be your pc.....ya i just looked . there is a option it said ... Do not allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos .. and I checked it so no ads here you Shir your on the right page

Last edited:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep were these coins? My AT pro only gets a quarter at 8 inches. Garrett say's I should get a quarter at only 6-8 inches ? Someone online said my machine is not right, Garrett say's its getting them at the right depth.
I don't know who to trust.... Can you help me figure this out ??

Keep @ it and HH !!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God, its like we have to leave a note on each hole we dig, that will read. "Hi, I'm a professional treasure hunter and... I dig wide holes and horse shoe shape plugs, so the parks grass won't dry out" " I do this for the community as a responsible treasure hunter please don't get mad at the metal detecting community" Thanks yours truly. (Name) Its ridiculous, why can't people just leave us alone..... We are not criminals and should not be dealt with as such !!
Nice Digs !!

Keep @ it and HH !!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Very impressive! I have yet to find a silver coin with my at pro. Oldest silver is a 45 merc with my ace 250. Try pinpointing off the tip of the coil with your AT Pro, I've gotten quite good at it from practicing at the beach. I've noticed too it can be even the color of your clothing or the gear that you have, it can be intimidating and make people concerned that what you are doing is something that could be against the law. If you wear bright coloured and nice looking clothes, you don't look threatening or like trouble when metal detecting in a public park. If you're dressed looking like you're a bum then they think you are in the park looking for beer $$. At the beach or in the woods it doesn't really matter but if you want less negative attention drawn to you in a park have nice looking gear and friendly looking clothes. Get one of those mini shovels at Home Depot and paint it bright green or blue. When you look more like a bright friendly flower in the park you look like you should be there. I think its worth it for all that silver. Wearing black or dark clothing with a rusty shovel and a black detector looks unfriendly and unapproachable. I'm not talking about you I'm just suggesting for other detectorists and what I have found works for me. The darker and more worn out my clothes and gear look the more suspicious i look and more negative reactions from people i will get. We are professionals guys, in the public parks we should dress like we are. You dont see a pro golfer swinging his 700.00 club with work clothes on. If we can afford 1000.00 detectors i think we can spend the money on some nice looking clothes for the public parks. Congrats on all that silver man! I'm jealous. Now I'm itching to get out and do some hunting!

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep were these coins? My AT pro only gets a quarter at 8 inches. Garrett say's I should get a quarter at only 6-8 inches ? Someone online said my machine is not right, Garrett say's its getting them at the right depth.
I don't know who to trust.... Can you help me figure this out ??

Keep @ it and HH !!

sorry to here your AT is only getting a quarter at 8 inches.... I dug 1 of the coins down 10" ..MY AT can hit a quarter @ 10" but thats in the AIR ..its not the same in the ground ...Garrett had released a couple of bad batches of AT PROS that I know of ...1 bad batch had a coil problem .... Garrett was tell the people with coil problem it was ok. and it was not ok lol....your AT pro is probably ok ... do you live next to high voltage power lines . or in a city..EMI can make a MD not work as good ...go out to the woods and try it out on full sensitivity ......I seen a video on youtube were this guy had 3 AT PROS and all of them had a depth problem
but it might be the ground he is hunting on ... I don't know.. ...in the video you will see he cant hit a half dollar @ 8" or 10"...there is clearly something wrong with his AT pro if you ask me ...
just do some testing...bury some coins at different depths

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread