This site is not worth being part of

You know being a web designer / network engineer / Web Hosting Manager, I know what it takes to make a forum run right as I manage about 150 for my clients, and I am here to tell you folks that bandwidth is what it is about. The bigger the image you post the more bandwidth it uses. And to be honest I would have set the image size to 500k that is a good 1024 x 768 image, if you resize it and set the quality to 80%, that is what I do with all my images I post in here.

And as always you will have people complain about the new forum until they get used to it.

I say if you want to keep you hosting company happy, set the images threshold to 500k, and people will have to get used to it. It is really no big deal.

I guess some people like to cause issues. i am happy with the new look and feel.

Agreed 500KB is fine, hence my orginal complaint of only 97kb. Everyone has forgot how much good this moaning has 'already' worked, because the MODs were quick enough to react, so thanks to them. I have already put to bed my complaining. It was based on my assumption at what we had at the start was unchangeable.

why fix something when its not broken? i just hope you as treasurenet dont lose old members which have been a big part of the site from already the world :sadsmiley:

Whats happen to my Banner find and everybodys elses??

why fix something when its not broken? i just hope you as treasurenet dont lose old members which have been a big part of the site from already the world :sadsmiley:

Jimmy,

You have 2 banner finds but some didnt make it through the transfer. We can fix it though. Can you please PM me the list of banner finds that is missing, just links to the banner threads and I'll re-add them.

Jimmy,

You have 2 banner finds but some didnt make it through the transfer. We can fix it though. Can you please PM me the list of banner finds that is missing, just links to the banner threads and I'll re-add them.

John there is a ? under the Banner
it gives this link http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts for Archived Banners
the Link dosn't work.
at least it dosn't for me

Jimmy,

John there is a ? under the Banner
it gives this link http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts for Archived Banners
the Link dosn't work.
at least it dosn't for me

Yup, the link is bad... this one works: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/banner.php

However it doesnt make it easy for me to find all the banners by a specific person. That might be something we can add. I'll get Kris to fix that broken link, I'm not sure where the settings for that are stored. He had to custom code all of that. Give me some time and we'll get that fixed.

Most of you guys fan find a dime in a corn field. Some of you guys can't find the tools here to post a new thread or find a old one. Man that' to funny. People on these forums are way to funny. Very thin skinned too.

Crusader you have a right to your opinions amigo

4nines wrote
There is actually a TON of ways to keep track of the threads and posts that you want to follow. You can do this by clicking on the Settings in the top righthand corner and then going down to General Settings. Within the settings you can see the new threads that you have replied to. You can also get alerts of replies via email which is what I like.

I also really like Active Topics. Give that a try as you can see EVERYTHING that's going on.

Wow you really still don't get it and apparently are not going to. That TON of ways to track your threads of interest, are a complicated un-necessary mess. FAR more nuisance than the old and simple "new replies" to your posts function. Of course if you had actually tried the OLD system, you would have known that.

Secondly, you may like those Active Topics, for you see EVERYTHING that is going on - so how handy is that for finding specific threads you are interested in? We are NOT all interested in EVERY thing that passes. Can you understand that?

Did any of you ever actually try out that old system that you all have trashed? It sure doesn't look that way. Just think of all the effort you are spending now, trying to put out fires and tweak things and deal with the complaints, if you had simply left the existing system in place?

4nines also wrote
Let me know if you have anymore questions regarding subscriptions and I will show you all the cool ways to do it!

Um, some of us have tried subscriptions on other forums and hate that function as yet another un-necessary nuisance so don't use it.

dgstorm wrote
I just wanted to throw my quick two gold doubloons into this discussion. I first want to reiterate that the new owners are acutely aware that this transition will be tough for some folks. We actually appreciate your honest feedback, even when it includes some of your frustration. We are perfectly willing to bear the brunt of your anxiety over the changes. We understand that the switch-over will be an emotional time, and that is why we have not tried to sweep any statements under the rug, even when they didn't include any relevant facts to help us fix things.

It is very important to us that we try to get things working as smoothly for you as is possible.

Actually you really do not care what we think, you have killed the old Treasurenet and made it clear that we can love this or leave it, period. You do not know us nor do we know you, and you clearly do not care how many leave the site for that was all just a part of your equation. So please stop with the pretense that you care what we think. Honesty is generally a good policy. You may care in so far as something you could tweak in your new baby, but could care less what we wanted.

Real de Tayopa wrote
R E L AX Gentlemen: Let them do their thingie before complaining.

Your calm and patient approach is laudable amigo, however this has been several days, and I hate this new format and system. I find that I am frustrated and angry after a few minutes here, and I do not go to a treasure forum to get frustrated and angry. This is just plain maddening, and I have had about enough of it.

KirkPA wrote
I personally do not like the new Tnet. It reminds me of the many other forums.
Exactly amigo, TOO much like the many other aggravating forums.

The new owners have killed the old Treasurenet and it will never be back, it sure was great while it lasted.
Oroblanco

PS please don't ask me a question here as I may never see it.

Besides, I now know there is a very buxom blond who wants to meet me that lives just 3.5 miles from my internet provider's location thanks to one of the sponsors.

LOL! I noticed her too, she's only 2.8 miles from me.:nono:

LOL RR, I've got Asian beauties close to me. How'd ya'll get the blondes? Any Chippendale Men yet??? LOL LOL Oh, me, this new software is stressing us. I wonder if it is even possible to put the OLD SOFTWARE back??? Breezie

Last edited:
Unfortunately, in the "transition", it appears that all record of previous posts replied to (i.e. those I / we have had an ACTIVE interest in over the years) HAVE BEEN LOST. Yes, I can go perusing around through all of the myriad of antiquated posts in ALL of the various topics in the blind HOPES of finding those that HAD consistently shown updates to them under "My Replies". PROBLEM (likely for others - not just me) is that I / we RELIED on TNET to KEEP TRACK of those FOR US. To a VERY large extent what this will mean is that those lenghty and informative threads are TOAST. Losing THAT single function has killed off 3/4 of my interest in what the site has to offer. Some are here for the daily discoveries & revelations. Many of us are here for the in-depth discussions and protracted discovery processes.

Losing the individual records that were associated with that function is akin to deciding to ripping the pages out of our individual annotated Encyclopedia Britannicas and filing each page throughout the libray under the topic on that page. Who's going to even begin to make the futile effort to laboriusly retrace the location(s) of all of those pages ?????????

Not Me.

Diggem'

4nines wrote
There is actually a TON of ways to keep track of the threads and posts that you want to follow. You can do this by clicking on the Settings in the top righthand corner and then going down to General Settings. Within the settings you can see the new threads that you have replied to. You can also get alerts of replies via email which is what I like.

I also really like Active Topics. Give that a try as you can see EVERYTHING that's going on.

Wow you really still don't get it and apparently are not going to. That TON of ways to track your threads of interest, are a complicated un-necessary mess. FAR more nuisance than the old and simple "new replies" to your posts function. Of course if you had actually tried the OLD system, you would have known that.

Secondly, you may like those Active Topics, for you see EVERYTHING that is going on - so how handy is that for finding specific threads you are interested in? We are NOT all interested in EVERY thing that passes. Can you understand that?

Did any of you ever actually try out that old system that you all have trashed? It sure doesn't look that way. Just think of all the effort you are spending now, trying to put out fires and tweak things and deal with the complaints, if you had simply left the existing system in place?

4nines also wrote
Let me know if you have anymore questions regarding subscriptions and I will show you all the cool ways to do it!

Um, some of us have tried subscriptions on other forums and hate that function as yet another un-necessary nuisance so don't use it.

dgstorm wrote
I just wanted to throw my quick two gold doubloons into this discussion. I first want to reiterate that the new owners are acutely aware that this transition will be tough for some folks. We actually appreciate your honest feedback, even when it includes some of your frustration. We are perfectly willing to bear the brunt of your anxiety over the changes. We understand that the switch-over will be an emotional time, and that is why we have not tried to sweep any statements under the rug, even when they didn't include any relevant facts to help us fix things.

It is very important to us that we try to get things working as smoothly for you as is possible.

Actually you really do not care what we think, you have killed the old Treasurenet and made it clear that we can love this or leave it, period. You do not know us nor do we know you, and you clearly do not care how many leave the site for that was all just a part of your equation. So please stop with the pretense that you care what we think. Honesty is generally a good policy. You may care in so far as something you could tweak in your new baby, but could care less what we wanted.

Real de Tayopa wrote
R E L AX Gentlemen: Let them do their thingie before complaining.

Your calm and patient approach is laudable amigo, however this has been several days, and I hate this new format and system. I find that I am frustrated and angry after a few minutes here, and I do not go to a treasure forum to get frustrated and angry. This is just plain maddening, and I have had about enough of it.

KirkPA wrote
I personally do not like the new Tnet. It reminds me of the many other forums.
Exactly amigo, TOO much like the many other aggravating forums.

The new owners have killed the old Treasurenet and it will never be back, it sure was great while it lasted.
Oroblanco

PS please don't ask me a question here as I may never see it.

Oroblanco, are you leaving? This question can be answered by someone else also in case Oroblanco doesn't see it.

Unfortunately, in the "transition", it appears that all record of previous posts replied to (i.e. those I / we have had an ACTIVE interest in over the years) HAVE BEEN LOST. Yes, I can go perusing around through all of the myriad of antiquated posts in ALL of the various topics in the blind HOPES of finding those that HAD consistently shown updates to them under "My Replies". PROBLEM (likely for others - not just me) is that I / we RELIED on TNET to KEEP TRACK of those FOR US. To a VERY large extent what this will mean is that those lenghty and informative threads are TOAST. Losing THAT single function has killed off 3/4 of my interest in what the site has to offer. Some are here for the daily discoveries & revelations. Many of us are here for the in-depth discussions and protracted discovery processes.

Losing the individual records that were associated with that function is akin to deciding to ripping the pages out of our individual annotated Encyclopedia Britannicas and filing each page throughout the libray under the topic on that page. Who's going to even begin to make the futile effort to laboriusly retrace the location(s) of all of those pages ?????????

Not Me.

Diggem'

You can still access these by clicking on the "My Posts" drop down menu up top. This gives you a choice to either view replies to THREADS you've started, or simply to threads you've posted on (in the case of "My Posts / Replies").

3.34MB is now far TOO big, it encourages people who can't resize to post photos that don't fit on the page, plus takes up valuable server space. When I said it was too small, no need to go over the top, just a sensible amount. Also I went to veiw the following post some days ago & it was fine, now the pictures (other than 1) only show as attachments, Why?
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2011-annual-finds/275804-cruteams-bumper-year.html
(I use firefox 11.0)

3.34MB is now far TOO big, it encourages people who can't resize to post photos that don't fit on the page, plus takes up valuable server space. When I said it was too small, no need to go over the top, just a sensible amount. Also I went to veiw the following post some days ago & it was fine, now the pictures (other than 1) only show as attachments, Why?
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2011-annual-finds/275804-cruteams-bumper-year.html
(I use firefox 11.0)

Crusader,

We are working on allowing the best of both worlds. How often have you seen a thread where someone uploads a picture of a coin or another item and someone asks for a higher resolution image in trying to identify it? Often.

So before they would have to take another pic, zoom in on the area and upload it.

The new system allows them to upload a high quality, high resolution image. The system will show a thumbnail (350 pixels wide) and if you want to see more detail you can click on it to see the full size image.

In addition, we realize that some members will not want to see a thumbnail. We are adding the ability for EACH USER to decide if they want to see thumbnails or larger images. Even at the reduced image size of say, 500 pixels or 600 pixels wide -- if we allow those images we had users with slower connections that were timing out before these images were able to download. To fix that you can either reduce the quality of the image (which hurts details, which hurts identification) or we can move to the thumbnail/high quality system.

We realize that since some don't like thumbnails we are giving them the ability to view full images as well. That way the system gives choice. There is no solution that's going to work perfect for everyone and this is a good compromise.

To address the images on that particular thread I'll do some investigating. It's possible a bug kept it from generating attachment thumbnails on those images and I will investigate.

(I use firefox 11.0)

Crusader,

We are working on allowing the best of both worlds. How often have you seen a thread where someone uploads a picture of a coin or another item and someone asks for a higher resolution image in trying to identify it? Often.

So before they would have to take another pic, zoom in on the area and upload it.

The new system allows them to upload a high quality, high resolution image. The system will show a thumbnail (350 pixels wide) and if you want to see more detail you can click on it to see the full size image.

In addition, we realize that some members will not want to see a thumbnail. We are adding the ability for EACH USER to decide if they want to see thumbnails or larger images. Even at the reduced image size of say, 500 pixels or 600 pixels wide -- if we allow those images we had users with slower connections that were timing out before these images were able to download. To fix that you can either reduce the quality of the image (which hurts details, which hurts identification) or we can move to the thumbnail/high quality system.

We realize that since some don't like thumbnails we are giving them the ability to view full images as well. That way the system gives choice. There is no solution that's going to work perfect for everyone and this is a good compromise.

To address the images on that particular thread I'll do some investigating. It's possible a bug kept it from generating attachment thumbnails on those images and I will investigate.

OK, now you explained it, it seems logical, I had no idea I could click to enlarge so that seems good, as you say, the best of both worlds.
So, let me check my understanding. I can post a 3.34MB image & it will thumbnail it smaller on the thread but opens to the larger image (3.34MB) on a click to that image?

OK, now you explained it, it seems logical, I had no idea I could click to enlarge so that seems good, as you say, the best of both worlds.
So, let me check my understanding. I can post a 3.34MB image & it will thumbnail it smaller on the thread but opens to the larger image (3.34MB) on a click to that image?

Exactly. It opens up that image and allows you to scroll (left or right with the arrow icons) to the other images. So for example if someone uploads 20 images. You can scroll through the images full size.

For example: Check out this thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...hours-farm-field-old-copper-lots-buttons.html

Click on any of his images and a window will pop up showing you the full size image. Now, you have a left and right arrow that you can click on with your mouse. That lets you cycle through the full size images he uploaded in that post.

Exactly. It opens up that image and allows you to scroll (left or right with the arrow icons) to the other images. So for example if someone uploads 20 images. You can scroll through the images full size.

For example: Check out this thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...hours-farm-field-old-copper-lots-buttons.html

Click on any of his images and a window will pop up showing you the full size image. Now, you have a left and right arrow that you can click on with your mouse. That lets you cycle through the full size images he uploaded in that post.

OK, good stuff

OK, good stuff

Sweet, glad you like it. It's one of those things that is definitely different from before but I think it offers more flexibility.
Yes I like it too but this is the only one I have seen (this way). Shouldnt they all be the same? Too many variations, too much confusion. Its overwhelmingly frustrating to me. 14 pages already?!!

Last edited:
Iron Patch;2728293 Personally I think the T-net was perfect as it was said:
I think it was perfect the way it was too just needed a few tweeks.. It took many years of trial and error to get it that way and it was pretty much just tossed away. Its like a new site now. It may be better or maybe not. It may take years to get it right.

Whats with all the useless icons? Icons are supposed to portray EMOTIONS like happy sad, angry, embarrassed. You need a "question mark" a "wink" and a "dont know." I dont see much use in a cake, goldbar or Leprechaun hat.

I found the question mark and the wink but it was not readily obvious and I dont know how to use it. It just seems like overkill. Too many choices all adding to the confusion. I think you should have started simple and work your way up. Marc never changed anything without everyones input.

But then again what do I know. I didnt even know how to use a computer when I joined but that was the beauty of the old TN. It was simple and user friendly. Everyone is not a computer genius. I just noticed my question mark icon posted in the top left corner where its completely useless.

What is "auto save?" Please dont worry about replying because i will preobably will never see it anyway. (trying to post a wink emotion) I suppose I could put it up in the left corner next to the question mark. (dont know icon)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back