Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron Patch;2728293 Personally I think the T-net was perfect as it was said:
I think it was perfect the way it was too just needed a few tweeks.. It took many years of trial and error to get it that way and it was pretty much just tossed away. Its like a new site now. It may be better or maybe not. It may take years to get it right.

Whats with all the useless icons? Icons are supposed to portray EMOTIONS like happy sad, angry, embarrassed. You need a "question mark" a "wink" and a "dont know." I dont see much use in a cake, goldbar or Leprechaun hat.

I found the question mark and the wink but it was not readily obvious and I dont know how to use it. It just seems like overkill. Too many choices all adding to the confusion. I think you should have started simple and work your way up. Marc never changed anything without everyones input.

But then again what do I know. I didnt even know how to use a computer when I joined but that was the beauty of the old TN. It was simple and user friendly. Everyone is not a computer genius. I just noticed my question mark icon posted in the top left corner where its completely useless.

What is "auto save?" Please dont worry about replying because i will preobably will never see it anyway. (trying to post a wink emotion) I suppose I could put it up in the left corner next to the question mark. (dont know icon)

To put the smiley icons in, you have to drag them on.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, good stuff

Sweet, glad you like it. It's one of those things that is definitely different from before but I think it offers more flexibility.
Yes I like it too but this is the only one I have seen (this way). Shouldnt they all be the same? Too many variations, too much confusion. Its overwhelmingly frustrating to me. 14 pages already?!!

I set my pages to 80 posts a page, making this a 2 page post.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Having the new format will take some getting used to, but it is no worse than any of the other forums I visit. I will agree with the observation that the default pirate guy is a bit confusing, but then again a lot of folks are new to the forum and will have to figure out how to post a personal avatar. I find it hard to believe that folks are jumping ship just because of the forum format change. Perfection takes time. Give it a chance.

Yes, I have been here a while and plan on sicking around.

Hope those of you who departed will come back and give it another chance.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is hard to keep track of threads .. not like the old Tnet were you could find or follow any thing..... Like they say if it's not broke why fix it..... so it will not work as good as it did before...... I really miss the old Tnet i don't spend half as much time here now as i did before...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like seeing the membership numbers on a steady incline. Hope other treasure hunting sites are seeing it as well. The more numbers the better for our hobby if and when the times comes to voice our concerns. If the recent changes help to increase membership then I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is hard to keep track of threads .. not like the old Tnet were you could find or follow any thing..... Like they say if it's not broke why fix it..... so it will not work as good as it did before...... I really miss the old Tnet i don't spend half as much time here now as i did before...

keppy the more time you spend here the easiest it becomes, just like any new operating system, or any new program like outlook. it has gotten a lot easierfor me, but i have spent time exploring and researching it.

It,s no different than researching places to hunt.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keppy the more time you spend here the easiest it becomes, just like any new operating system, or any new program like outlook. it has gotten a lot easierfor me, but i have spent time exploring and researching it.

It,s no different than researching places to hunt.

If it were easy, everyone would do it? :) Good things come to those who wait? :)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I use to have a girlfriend that told me the same thing. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread