What's new

$1 million found off Treasure Coast

Crunchyhippo

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
292
Reaction score
612
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida

Attachments

  • Treasure Coast gold.webp
    Treasure Coast gold.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
Let's hope they stirred things up a bit down there and one of these storms will wash some in. I'll be up that way soon. We're seeing some big tides and fairly good cuts. And don't forget, they found some down off Douglas MacArthur beach as well. Just try not to step in the horse poop.
 
Here's hoping they found 100 million worth and only reported 1 million worth, any gold especially would be easy to sell under the table, not that I'm condoning or encouraging such a thing, just think of all the raises our beloved representatives can vote to give themselves with all that tax money.
 
He's from that company that has the "rights" to detect those waters and nobody else can, so I'm not happy for him.

None if us can ever have it anyway.
That ain't right !! That's my friend Levin shavers.....he's been professionally diving treasure in many places, and has worked shipwrecks, and salvaged treasure with several different operations. He pays the fees to search every year, and works hard to maintain a profitable salvage operation. You also could do this if you choose....or your welcome to search the beaches at will where many survivors of the 1715 fleet lost there lives and treasure. I and many others here have found treasure this way. So im not happy for you being jealous and a hater....get out there and do it, and dont hate on the people that do !! Seems pretty petty to say on a treasure hunting forum !
 
That's what they claim to have found. They'd be foolish to claim everything they find only to hand over 50% the the state.
He's the most honest and one of the most professional treasure hunters doing it today....I cant believe im here defending him....Levin doesn't participate here, and the one who did the worst offense in treasure hunting history was a member here !! Bootysalvage, robbed and lied to all of us, and is now in jail !! He still has a banner here ....or 2, that are total lies and scams that we honor with a banner.....Levin is as honest as they come, and im proud to call him a friend. This kind of rhetoric is not cool !!
 
Here's hoping they found 100 million worth and only reported 1 million worth, any gold especially would be easy to sell under the table, not that I'm condoning or encouraging such a thing, just think of all the raises our beloved representatives can vote to give themselves with all that tax money.
Your hoping he lied ?? This thread has gone off the rails....its just not right....everybody on this sight is wishing ill will out of jealousy, or condoning, and hoping laws are broken ??🤔 im starting to see a pattern 🤔 im heart broken at the comments here.
 
You guys suck....cant even be happy for someone who succeeds?? Peace out....yall have a good day....I hope yall run over your own detector, after stepping in dog sh.t and finding nothing .
 
You guys suck....cant even be happy for someone who succeeds?? Peace out....yall have a good day....I hope yall run over your own detector, after stepping in dog sh.t and finding nothing .
tip-hat-jack-sparrow.gif
 
You guys suck....cant even be happy for someone who succeeds?? Peace out....yall have a good day....I hope yall run over your own detector, after stepping in dog sh.t and finding nothing .
Given the track record of salvage and how other countries profit from the hard gains of the salvage companies its a hopeful wish that they should pirate away the booty.
The past adventures of the pirate that did this and casted s dark cloud upon the world by his greed of a few gold coins is now the talking point of the world.
It seems that the world is so quick to paint everything and everyone with the same brush.
You do this or that, you found and recovered this or that, you made out because of this or that-BAD PIRATE.
I fully understand you're not happy with reading how the finder is being thrown into the same category as past events.
Personally I hope it's just the tip if the iceberg of more treasure.
Don't get too pissed buddy, just prove them wrong (in this case it's an easy)
 
Yes, this is from the current 2025 season. There are a lot of news stories out there. Most start with the headline about "1 million dollars found".
 
I hope yall run over your own detector, after stepping in dog sh.t and finding nothing .
LOL.....this have me a good laugh. So just to make sure I understand, you want people to run over their own detector first, THEN step in dog $hit?

What if people stepped in dog shit first, then ran over their detector? Would that still be ok.....LOL?

Aside from handing some over to the state, how much does he have to hand over to The Queens Jewels, LLC?

I understand what you're saying about paying fees and working for it. I'm not questioning that.

My frustration stems from the fact that detecting the Treasure Coast is off-limits to the public. I don't agree with that. After Mel Fisher won his case, the Supreme Court ruled that Florida had to pay Mel Fisher $2 million to compensate for legal fees. Florida didn't want to do that, so they negotiated a deal where only Mel Fisher's company can detect those waters.

In 2010, The Queens Jewels, LLC took over the lease (somehow).

The only reason why a lease exists is because Florida didn't want to pay $2 million to Mel Fisher, which I find a bit odd because $2 million is nothing for a state government.

I think Florida just doesn't want people to find that stuff. On some other post, somebody said he talked to a Wildlife and Fisheries agent (or whatever it is) who explicitly told him in so many words that Tallahasee said they don't want people to find this stuff, or something to that effect.

There shouldn't even be a lease in the first place. That's all I'm saying.

So I reaffirm my original point. I am not happy for this guy for having found all that stuff.

By the way, I love dogs. They're the best.
 
Last edited:
Hey Bart, I really don't see anyone here dissing your friend for finding the treasure. We are just saying for all his hard work it's a shame the state swoops in and claims a large percentage. I don't think that's fair st all. Our sentiment is that we really hope he found a little more and kept it. I personally never meant to put any negative connotations on his hard work.
 
There have been a lot of big waves lately from the 2 big storms that ran right up the coast. It's still churning now.
I'm thinking about going to OBX one last time for the year with my new Equinox 900. With those recent storms I'm hoping to find some stuff.

After that Hurricane Erin I didn't find anything, not even junk.
 
Last edited:
Hey Bart, I really don't see anyone here dissing your friend for finding the treasure. We are just saying for all his hard work it's a shame the state swoops in and claims a large percentage. I don't think that's fair st all. Our sentiment is that we really hope he found a little more and kept it. I personally never meant to put any negative connotations on his hard work.
Agreed! I didn't mean to upset Bart or insult anyone or their integrity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom