What's new

$1 million found off Treasure Coast

Crunchyhippo

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
292
Reaction score
612
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida

Attachments

  • Treasure Coast gold.webp
    Treasure Coast gold.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
I'm thinking about going to OBX one last time for the year with my new Equinox 900. With those recent storms I'm hoping to find some stuff.

After that Hurricane Erin I didn't find anything, not even junk.
I hit the beaches down in DE a day or so after Erin passed. She wasn't the stripper I hoped for, turned out to be a major depositor. After a couple hours detecting the wet & high-wet/dry for at least a 2-block stretch without getting a signal from my DF PI, not even trash, I knew there was just too much sand deposited. Major bummer.
 
I hit the beaches down in DE a day or so after Erin passed. She wasn't the stripper I hoped for, turned out to be a major depositor. After a couple hours detecting the wet & high-wet/dry for at least a 2-block stretch without getting a signal from my DF PI, not even trash, I knew there was just too much sand deposited. Major bummer.
Me too, waves hit straight on the south side and dumped tons of sand up onto the beach. Hopefully there’s some sort of treasure in there and later this winter the sand will slowly be stripped away, revealing the goodies.
I’m pretty psyched that people are posting on beach and shallow water more frequently than last year! Now let’s try and keep it positive!
 
Me too, waves hit straight on the south side and dumped tons of sand up onto the beach. Hopefully there’s some sort of treasure in there and later this winter the sand will slowly be stripped away, revealing the goodies.
I’m pretty psyched that people are posting on beach and shallow water more frequently than last year! Now let’s try and keep it positive!

I thought Erin took the good stuff out to sea, but it sounds like the good stuff is still there and it's just that the hurricane dumped a lot of sand on top of the good stuff. Do I have this right?
 
It's ebb and flow, all depends on angle of the surf and wind to the shoreline. Some storms bring in feet+ of sand, while other storms take feet of sand out.
 
It's ebb and flow, all depends on angle of the surf and wind to the shoreline. Some storms bring in feet+ of sand, while other storms take feet of sand out.
Interesting. What angle does what?

Can you post any links that explain how this works?
 
Last edited:
and the one who did the worst offense in treasure hunting history was a member here !! Bootysalvage, robbed and lied to all of us, and is now in jail !!
What exactly did this guy do?
 
Me too, waves hit straight on the south side and dumped tons of sand up onto the beach. Hopefully there’s some sort of treasure in there and later this winter the sand will slowly be stripped away, revealing the goodies.
I’m pretty psyched that people are posting on beach and shallow water more frequently than last year! Now let’s try and keep it positive!
Wife and I were down at the beach for a couple days as Erin was coming in. We had booked the trip before Erin was a thing, so I initially couldn't believe my luck, lol. Heard that winds were coming from the N.E., so of course, I thought nor' easter, which typically is a great sign of good things to come. But alas, didn't work out as I had hoped. I went back by myself a week or so after, was at least finding junk in the wet with my PI, but no bling. Some pics attached.

I always forget I have video built into my cell phone, but I remembered this time and took several short vids to show what the conditions when Erin was approaching. Keep in mind I'm not a pro videographer, and just using my phone, there's a lot of wind noise so hard to hear what I'm saying. But personally, if I'm going to film a hurricane coming in, I think the wind noise adds dramatic effect, lol. I wanted to post the vids in order to share and remembered I set up a YouTube channel in 2011 for some reason. I renamed it and posted the videos there. I have no intentions of having a large detecting channel, just needed a place to host a few videos, lol. https://www.youtube.com/@diggingdabeeps
 

Attachments

  • Erin Approaching Beach 8-18-25.webp
    Erin Approaching Beach 8-18-25.webp
    93.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Erin approaching Inlet 8-18-25.webp
    Erin approaching Inlet 8-18-25.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Hunting the Wet as Erin approaches.webp
    Hunting the Wet as Erin approaches.webp
    328.2 KB · Views: 58
Interesting. What angle does what?

Can you post any links that explain how this works?
Generally the higher the angle to the beach generally the more damage to a beach is done. Waves approaching the shoreline at a sharp, slanted angle instead of coming in straight to beach does much more damage.

Because the shoreline is not a straight line, different areas get different degrees of damages because the coastline changes.

In my area waves hitting my local beaches at a NNE to NE angle seems to do most damage.
 
Your hoping he lied ?? This thread has gone off the rails....its just not right....everybody on this sight is wishing ill will out of jealousy, or condoning, and hoping laws are broken ??🤔 im starting to see a pattern 🤔 im heart broken at the comments here.
You are heart broken because you don't understand the politics behind these finds. The Atlantic ocean off central Florida is like North Korea. It's a total joke. Do a little research before commenting...
 
You are heart broken because you don't understand the politics behind these finds. The Atlantic ocean off central Florida is like North Korea. It's a total joke. Do a little research before commenting...
Do a little research before commenting......what dude !! Gimme a break !! I think your the one mistaken !! Im just gonna quit.....you win dude !! Your right im just a nieve fool !!

Levin asked me to dive the 1715 this year....instead I was searching for shipwrecks in the Bahamas under permits. I also work for A.S.A.P. American shoal archeology project under florida permits.....and I did graduate high-school from vero Beach high....so i know central florida very well. !!'trust me dude.....I know more about how this works and doesn't work better than anyone should ever have to....but thank you sir for your expert opinion. Ill take it under consideration !!.
 
Last edited:
You are heart broken because you don't understand the politics behind these finds. The Atlantic ocean off central Florida is like North Korea. It's a total joke. Do a little research before commenting...

No sure where your getting the "North Korea" BS, its state law. The state controls the treasure leases and gets its share and its pick of what is found by lease holder.
 
That's great. I wonder how much the leases cost?
I've heard the lease costs $1,000 for a year. To me, that sounds really inexpensive so maybe it's a "sub lease" to a main lease holder. Might be worth paying $1K for a local, as they'd be able to hunt out in the water, where non-lease holders working the beach aren't legally allowed to even dip their toes in the water in certain areas of the beach at certain locations were lease holders hold the rights.
 
Lease fee and 40% of all items value.

So... 20% to State... 40% to QJ.... and remaining 40% is finder fee.
When you find stuff what is the procedure from there?

Do you keep 40% of the coins you find? Do you have to turn everything over to QJ, then they give you 40% of the value in cash?
 
Last edited:
Lease fee and 40% of all items value.

So... 20% to State... 40% to QJ.... and remaining 40% is finder fee.
So let’s look at the dollars

$200,000 to the state, plus first pick
$400,000 to QJs
$400,000 to finder. Minus taxes. Minus expenses. Plus take into account any investor money.

Best case maybe you walk away with $200k-ish off a million. A real head scratcher.
 
I've heard the lease costs $1,000 for a year. To me, that sounds really inexpensive so maybe it's a "sub lease" to a main lease holder. Might be worth paying $1K for a local, as they'd be able to hunt out in the water, where non-lease holders working the beach aren't legally allowed to even dip their toes in the water in certain areas of the beach at certain locations were lease holders hold the rights.
The lease is not $1000 a year; that used to be the cost just to be a single subcontractor. I'm not sure they even do that anymore, this was back over 10 years ago, Inflation and all too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom