What's new

1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

I found this button at one of my best sites, its the only one i have found like it, and in very good shape for its age.I think it was from around 1820s to 1830s .Any info would be great .Thanks, relic..
 

Attachments

  • Picture 029.webp
    Picture 029.webp
    133.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Picture 030.webp
    Picture 030.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 306
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

Very nice button! I can't quite read the back mark.
 

Attachments

  • fix1.webp
    fix1.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 304
  • fix2.webp
    fix2.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

Look to be 1st Regt. artillery button.Possibly war of 1812.But that would be a my guess.The button men will tell you exactly what and when.But that is a nice button.Will display very nicely.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

you have some great sites Relicdude. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

Nice one but I would guess not worth enough to think about selling.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

Your right IP,its the only one ive found like it,and i think i better keep it.. I may not find another..Maybe $50 to $80 you think?
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

RELICDUDE07 said:
Your right IP,its the only one ive found like it,and i think i better keep it.. I may not find another..Maybe $50 to $80 you think?


I can't really say but sounds about right to me.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

Nice button, I think it is one of the 1802-1808 Artillery buttons, listed in Alberts, (incorrectly I think) AY 19. By the 1976 Relative Value listed at 25, I would think, if not a lot of these have been found over the years since that it could be a bit more desired by collectors than the possible lower guesstimate given. :) Either way it is a beautiful button. I say incorrectly ID'd in Alberts, since the description for AY 19 says cannon facing right, but it sure looks facing Left to me in his photo in the book. It is early in the morning, so maybe my ole eyes are deceiving me. :D Anyway, fairly certain with the 1802-1808 date regardless of what that backmark is.

Don
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

Thanks don,for the info.I always like to try and think about how the buttons and relics made it to the area im searching,and i guess it was from someone in the andrew jackson troops in my area in the 1820s.I guess the button was just a few years old at that time .. Im trying to find more info on the 1 regt. ,i guess it was part of americas first artillery unit ,after the rev. war.I hope i find some more ,and i may, but they are scarce in my area.Thanks for the help, relic........
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 REGt. 1 piece button /Any info and value ?

RELICDUDE07 said:
Thanks don,for the info.I always like to try and think about how the buttons and relics made it to the area im searching,and i guess it was from someone in the andrew jackson troops in my area in the 1820s.I guess the button was just a few years old at that time .. Im trying to find more info on the 1 regt. ,i guess it was part of americas first artillery unit ,after the rev. war.I hope i find some more ,and i may, but they are scarce in my area.Thanks for the help, relic........
What area of Florida are you searching, Relicdude, if you dont mind me asking? ...the Panhandle?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom