Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it interesting that French silver was dug with the rest of those finds because that's something that just doesn't happen here. Was there anything else that was French, and was the silver coin found in the same area as everything else.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it interesting that French silver was dug with the rest of those finds because that's something that just doesn't happen here. Was there anything else that was French, and was the silver coin found in the same area as everything else.

The first two coppers, a GEO II, and a ?? were found with the french silver. there was a small (very possibly french) cellar near by. The rest came from another spot within seeing distance of the first. Nothing else obviously french. Going back tomorrow.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first two coppers, a GEO II, and a ?? were found with the french silver. there was a small (very possibly french) cellar near by. The rest came from another spot within seeing distance of the first. Nothing else obviously french. Going back tomorrow.

that makes more sense. I bet that first spot is French.... you should spend more time there. If it turns out to be British, it's probably Rev War range so even better reason to dig more. EVERY time we find a French silver or cob here there was always a French house close. I have many coins in that group and not one of them was found where the French were not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread