What's new

10 Silvers Today and Another Detroit Police Button

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today's hunt didn't disappoint at all. I am going to enjoy this CZ-21 in the weeds. We got along just fine.

One Washington, 3 merc's and a rosey were my silver coin finds. Four silver rings and a silver religious medal. A 1937 buffalo, 8 wheats and a king George the 5th again. Third from this park. My usual assortment of buckles, lipstick tubes and other odds ends. Another large Detroit Police button The Ford key looks pretty old. it is on the bottom set of two.

No gold this trip. The one brass ring has a silver top but I didn't count it in my silver.












Here is a picture of the beach I am playing at also. Will give you an idea how crazy it used to be. The bath house could accommodate over 6000 people a day.
Now it is all weeds and muck above the sand and gravel. Picture was taken in 1917.

 
Last edited:
Upvote 44
Amazing amount of Buckles! And a Nice Silver count!!
 
You are killing it with the great finds. Congrats.
 
Cornucopia of silver - copper - keys - buttons and other finds "congrats" - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Cornucopia of silver - copper - keys - buttons and other finds "congrats" - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

LOL Dirt fishing? Some pretty wet dirt!! Thanks for the laugh.
 
I wish for a place like that to play..... Congrats on a wonderful hunt.
 
Very nice Scuba. Thats quite the haul.
 
Close up of three of the silver rings. The largest one with the two faces is sterling but plated in 10K gold. I thought it was gold at first. The swastika was a good luck emblem at one time. I am sure that is what the ring was made for. Also the front and back of the Detroit Police button.







 
That's the kind of beach I had posted about recently! Thanks for the pic, SD. :thumbsup:
 
That's the kind of beach I had posted about recently! Thanks for the pic, SD. :thumbsup:

I already got a PM from someone letting me know my beach is easy to find now. So be it. Anybody want to brave my way of detecting can have at it! I give up spots on occasion. I really don't care. However, I have spots that absolutely nobody will ever find unless they track my Avalanche. Good luck with that!!

Picture was taken in 1917. As I said this was a major hot spot.
 
Last edited:
WOW the scovill is a beauty and the rest too! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I had a spot like that.
 
WOW WOW WOW that's a spot you could hunt for years and still find stuff I would love to do that someday.Always look forwaed to your posts great finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Here is a picture of the beach I am playing at also. Will give you an idea how crazy it used to be. The bath house could accommodate over 6000 people a day.
Now it is all weeds and muck above the sand and gravel. Picture was taken in 1917.
It amazes me how so many people could crowd a beach and still consider that they're having a good time! :dontknow:
 
You never disappoint. Look forward to many more of these excellent posts. I can't see too many even attempting your style, and with the lake levels as high as they are the waders are not going to get any of your goodies. Thank you for sharing.
 
It amazes me how so many people could crowd a beach and still consider that they're having a good time! :dontknow:

have you ever been to detroit? nuff said
 
Never have - never will. ESPECIALLY if there's that many people! :help:
 
With that many people in 1917, there HAS to be at least one of the elusive 1916 SLQs.
 
AWE2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom