10" x 14" Garrett Power DD

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: 10" x 14" Garrett Power DD

It works well in higher mineralized soils. You can pinpoint off the front of the toe, or the center of the coil in the "bulls eye". All DD's are very sensitive to bottle caps. keep this in mind when you are hunting. Some of those bottle caps will read as a coin if you stomp on them and break that halo around them. Let us know how you make out. It is also good for covering large areas quickly due to its size.

OP
OP
marxionu

marxionu

Dec 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75, Minelab Explorer SE PRO

John-Edmonton said:
It works well in higher mineralized soils. You can pinpoint off the front of the toe, or the center of the coil in the "bulls eye". All DD's are very sensitive to bottle caps. keep this in mind when you are hunting. Some of those bottle caps will read as a coin if you stomp on them and break that halo around them. Let us know how you make out. It is also good for covering large areas quickly due to its size.

What about depht compared to standard coil

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Depth with the 10X14 natch will be a little deeper than a standard coil. Also because it sends out more of a "windshield wiper" rounded field it will cover more area down at the bottom of the signal than a round coil. This gives you a better chance to get the target instead of missing it.

As John pointed out, pinpointing is better done off the tip or heel of the coil. Try it with a coin on bare ground to see what we mean.

OP
OP
marxionu

marxionu

Dec 12, 2008
Detector(s) used

Sandman said:
Depth with the 10X14 natch will be a little deeper than a standard coil. Also because it sends out more of a "windshield wiper" rounded field it will cover more area down at the bottom of the signal than a round coil. This gives you a better chance to get the target instead of missing it.

As John pointed out, pinpointing is better done off the tip or heel of the coil. Try it with a coin on bare ground to see what we mean.
Thanks

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love the DD. The depth if walking slow enough will vary. I have dug signals like a bb at 6 inches. I almost gave up, till I used a pinpointer. I could not believe that it was a bb. It is awesome to use. Depending on how fast you move will give you the depth. My opinion only.

OP
OP
marxionu

marxionu

Dec 12, 2008
Detector(s) used

tested today,, the depth is amazing compared to stock, pinpoint is accurate. The only thing,, we have -12celsius and the ground is like stone :icon_scratch:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
OP
OP
marxionu

marxionu

Dec 12, 2008
Detector(s) used

update: this coil is a must be, russian kopek at 28cm

Attachments

• 110120091826.jpg
    110120091826.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 523
  • 110120091826.jpg
    110120091826.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 488

outlaw319

Aug 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Ace 250

Well I hope it works as good as they claim! Because I just ordered mine the other day from Kellyco, and it should be here anytime soon. Bad part is we just got around 6" of snow on the ground now....great timing!!!! :(

OP
OP
marxionu

marxionu

Dec 12, 2008
Detector(s) used

It worked really well and made my Garret much better. But week ago i saw Minelab Safari and bought it. Even with power dd the Garrets debht 50% less.

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350

i've had my for about 8 months and woldnt trade it for anything i have tried to use the stock coil once it lasted 5min. befor i put the DD back on..... i love mine now if they would just make one 18in boy i would buy it hope this i have found the slower your pace the better it finds coins hope this helps HH

outlaw319

Aug 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Ace 250

ok I got to try mine out for a short time and so far I love it! I took it to an area that I've hunted many of times to try it since we had 1 of those teaser days....it got up to around 60! I have it mounted on my Ace250 and was running in "all metal mode" with the sensitivity on the 6th bar, it stayed pretty quiet for awhile....was starting to think someting was wrong with it since I didn't hear that occasional beep or a oneway signal! Then finally I got a solid signal at 8", I dug to find and old pulley looking thing that was about 6" round that was about a foot and a half in the ground.As I went closer to the old homesite where I found many of things before with my stock coil I got a little dissapointment.......the top inch or so was muddy, but underneath it was frozen solid still. I got quite a few good signals there but didn't have a pick or jackhammer to get through the ice! As I worked my way back out towards my truck I got another signal in ground that I could actually dig in again, and ended up digging a organ reed which was about 2" long and it was around 10"-12" in the ground. Yeah so I'm impressed with this so far, cant wait till groung completely thaws out now. Also I did noticed that a few times I crank the sensitivity to max and I didn't get any erratic beeps or falsing either in that short of time. Well hopefully soon I can get back to some old spots and post all the new findings with this coil!

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil

outlaw, have you airtested the stock coil vs the DD?

i'm thinking of ordering one but the price seems steep unless it really produces... i wonder how it compares to the 9x12PRO coil for ace250

outlaw319

Aug 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Ace 250

rdb7 said:
outlaw, have you airtested the stock coil vs the DD?

i'm thinking of ordering one but the price seems steep unless it really produces... i wonder how it compares to the 9x12PRO coil for ace250

No, I didn't do an airtest between the 2 but maybe I should! I did somewhat test the DD coil but dont know how accurate it was because I was indoor at my kitchen table, but even then a quarter was reading at 10", a dime was at 7" if I remember right and nickle was around 8"! I did notice a big difference in the field testing even though i could only dig a few targets since the ground was still frozen in spots. it did run smoother in mineralized soil as they claim, pinpointing was accurate, and the weight and balance is great...couldn't even feel a difference between it and the stock coil. I'll no more by spring when i can get back out to an area that I pounded to death over the last few years and see if I turn up more with the DD.

outlaw319

Aug 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Ace 250

Ok, so far so good with this coil ! sometimes it reads to deep for its on good, which sometimes is a p.i.t.a. I have dug a .22 round from around 9"-10" and was about to give up on digging when i finally hit it with the pin pointer. I dug an 1889 I.H. pennie at 8 " and lots of bottle caps from all different depths(it loves to pick up on those). I did notice when pinpointing on a deep object that you need to focus on an inch or 2 back from the tip of coil, but on shallow it's pretty much dead on under the tip. I've noticed that this coil puts off one heck of a energy field around it, I could not get within 10'-15' of my buddy with his whites xlt without interferance and with my sniper coil we could be within a foot or two. Well that's all I got to report for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread