Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
My fever has come down a little or has it gone up?
So my mining buddy stops by with a small bag of black sand he found at a beach in the
San Francisco bay area and asks me to pan it -- first pan a speck shows up -- he
Says maybe it was already in the pan , so I clean the pan real good and pan some more
3 specks show up -- It's confirmed he has found a deposit. He said there is a small
running creek right there so we get busy and make a disposable sluice in about 20 minutes.
and off we go. (Sluice was disposable for a reason)

Pictures shows the gold that the sluice caught out of about 5 gallons of material.
This gold is so fine and flat it will not have much weight,
don't think there's money to be made but it's not about the money it's about the GOLD.
Thanks for looking.
beachgold.jpg
sluice.jpg

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Job! There's a lot of "gold diggers" in the Cali Government. They won't work for it and the folks that will work for it, the Cali Gov. wants to put them in jail as well as confiscate the mining equipment. I understand why the equipment was disposable. Color is color, part of the fun is the journey not necessarily the end result....................63bkpkr

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing about a poop tube is you can always say it's just trash. That and a #10 or paint can for a bucket.

Jason777

Greenie
Nov 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be Monterey Bay instead, but the satellite images of the area appear that most of the gold bearings rivers converged to form that Bay perhaps during historic 1,000 year floods.

First big bend near the beach and in the ocean itself might be loaded with millions of ounces.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Has ANYBODY found anything regarding california beach mining regs?
I have looked and called till I'm blue in the face and can find nothing consistent regarding beach mining in cali.....

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Has ANYBODY found anything regarding california beach mining regs?
I have looked and called till I'm blue in the face and can find nothing consistent regarding beach mining in cali.....
Good question -- I know the spot we were at we needed a disposable sluice.
If asked were looking for agates because if you mention GOLD things change quickly.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If it isn't written down , it aint enforceable. BUT the green long arm of the law OR wacoenviromentalisterriorists would cite /dreamup some other mother earth law that they dreamt of !

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it isn't written down , it aint enforceable. BUT the green long arm of the law OR wacoenviromentalisterriorists would cite /dreamup some other mother earth law that they dreamt of !

I hate getting arrested but love fighting cops in court. They always do more wrong than I do. Here's a little tip. Take no identification with you. They can't arrest you for not having ID, this ain't Europe. But, the less desirable law enforcement officers might try to anyways with you having a minnow trap and all. Lots of civil suit potential. Nobody likes bad cops. Yeah, I'm a shyster.:usflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread