What's new

11-12 AM Beach = 4 rings!!

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit it at dawn for a negative low. I was pleasantly suprised to find some sand stripped from one of my fairly productive beaches! Started pulling some old clad right away which got my hopes up. About 30 minutes in I got a nice hit and pulled up the Silver with Amythest and CZ's ring. Not too much further and I get a real hard solid hit on the Excal. I'm thinking quarter or something larger. Very suprised to pull up a dainty ring from 8"+ deep! It looks to be very old with no markings. Still unsure of the material. Next up was a honkin silver ring that was every bit of 16"+ and gave a decent signal even at that depth! A couple junk earings and a junk toe ring rounded out the 2 1/2 hour hunt. I ran into a newbie swinging an AT Pro and let him sweep my rings to get some readings. The big silvers were of course up in the high 80's to low 90's so I had him check the dainty one and it read mid 60's. Interesteing. I may polish it up this afternoon and see what it looks like. All in all a nice morning, I will hit it again tomorrow, theres got to be some gold out there.......

001-13.jpg


006-8.jpg


008-4.jpg


007-8.jpg


011-2.jpg


009-4.jpg


HH, Aaron
 
Upvote 0
Good job Aaron. You did better than I did on the ring count. I didn't find sh!t today for rings.
 
a little baking soda and that ring will be as good as new, nice day at the beach!!! :icon_sunny:
 
Nice ring count! That toe ring looks like copper in the pic, but maybe it is low carat gold, and just corroded, they make that wire in anywhere from 9-10 to 22 Kt. I hit one last year like that, that was real thin gold wire and it sounded big too, still havent check Kt %. It was 2 scoops deep. But it was shiny gold color.
 
nice hunt!! my favorite beach was sanded in today.
 
Very nice finds, Aaron!

Good luck tomorrow, too.

Lorraine
 
Good hunt! Nice to see rings posted.
 
4 rings for a hunt is more than good Aaron.
Congratulations. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom