17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

Real de Tayopa said:
Gentlemen, you leave my Tayopa alone and I will leave your 17 tons of gold alone. However, I am soaking up information just in case ---!

Don Jose de La Mancha

Mi amigo Don Jose de La Mancha que usted es uno de las pocas personas que yo me fiaria
de com mi ubicacion.

ah come on, I wanted to find your Tayopa, I have been reading your post for clues..lol just kidding
Hey my good friend keep soaking up the information, the best is yet to come.

Clayton :occasion14:

Real de Tayopa said:
Gentlemen, you leave my Tayopa alone and I will leave your 17 tons of gold alone. However, I am soaking up information just in case ---!

Don Jose de La Mancha

RDT, you must have ESP, I just posted on Tayopa and came here to find this post.

:coffee2:

Old Bookaroo said:
Pearless67:

There are a couple of Wells Fargo boxes in the Wells Fargo Bank Museum on Montgomery Street, San Francisco. They are about the size of an old-fashioned cardboard beer carton (24 bottles). More square than rectangular in shape, but that's about the right size.

If you ever visit San Francisco, be sure to visit the Wells Fargo Museum and the old Bank of California Museum (basement) on California Street. You will come away from both saying "Wow!" Gold coins and nuggest, guns, documents, these two have it all - the Wells Fargo History Room includes a stagecoach.

FYI - according to their records, there are just 3 boxes unaccounted for. In other words, most of the "Wells, Fargo" treasure boxes you may see scattered around the country (heck, around the world) are probably not "official issue."

Hope this helps!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Not to argue but three boxes missing does not mean that all the boxes floating around are fakes. I'm sure that many are fake but doubt that any fakes are very deceptive. I attended coin shows in the seventies where original surplus used strong boxes were for sale. I assume that when Adams and Wells Fargo and some of the others quit using them they sold them. I also recall ads in the sixties from the full page dealers in Coin World selling surplus boxes marked and unmarked. The ones I saw upfront and personal looked good and it looked like the markings had been on them for a very long time. I recall one dealer who had two very small ones. One held loose seated liberty coins and another held loose indian cents that he was selling. siegfried schlagrule

Sorry gentlemen: I have neglected returning here since I was out - spiritually speaking --looking for the Gold with my OUIJI board. I now know where it is but I won't tell you. I will just wait until you give up, then go get it. Course I may give road kill, err quest, and Peerless a small bar each in appreciation .

Don Jose de La Mancha

Okay,

I did this on the other 17 Tons Thread, so I will do it here as well.

There is ZERO need to wonder about if it is real, or what type of plane flew the gold from Mexico, or what was the name of the pilot, or where was the first hiding place, or anything else prior to 1952. The ONLY important information is where did the ranch caretaker move the gold to in 1952?

I will tell you without equivocation, that it was flown in via a Ford Tri-Motor in 1933. The pilot's name was NOT Bill Elliott (I have included a picture of the REAL pilot below, and NO I won't give his name), and the original hiding place was not too awfully far from Farmington.

Best-Mike

Attachments

• TriPilot1a.jpg
    TriPilot1a.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 404
  • TriPilot1a.jpg
    TriPilot1a.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 455
Well then, if a couple of you already know his name, then why do I see so much squabbling over facts that you should already know?

If you know this guy's name, then you know that he flew a Tri-Motor. Why then do I still see references to Stearman and Cessna? Why do I still see squabbling over what Bill Elliott did, when you should know that he never existed?

Best-Mike

To simply debate all the issues. Discount nothing. And hear everyone.
Some of the research information you have, is the same as I have, and Gary
any others have. Some is not.
Why do we keep squabling about these issues. Will, I gess the same reason as you do..
It's interesting to to get the thoughts of others that are researching this " treasure "
And, who knows. Someone may come up with that one little piece of information that
will tie it all together.
If you look you will see reference's to the Tri- motor.

Clayton :clock: :idea1:

gollum said:
Well then, if a couple of you already know his name, then why do I see so much squabbling over facts that you should already know?

If you know this guy's name, then you know that he flew a Tri-Motor. Why then do I still see references to Stearman and Cessna? Why do I still see squabbling over what Bill Elliott did, when you should know that he never existed?

Best-Mike

Mike, The tri motor was a "possible" means of transportation in the 1930s, however a stearman did play a part in the story in the 1950s.
As for squabbling over Elliott, IF people are going to post about him those same people should expect responses.
I debunked the Elliott and the stearman-cessna stories a long time ago, That however will not stop me from responding to those who post on them.

So, I'm thinking we all agree that the gold was flown in on (a) plane..
Where I see a differance is
gollum said:
Okay,

I did this on the other 17 Tons Thread, so I will do it here as well.

There is ZERO need to wonder about if it is real, or what type of plane flew the gold from Mexico, or what was the name of the pilot, or where was the first hiding place, or anything else prior to 1952. The ONLY important information is where did the ranch caretaker move the gold to in 1952?

I will tell you without equivocation, that it was flown in via a Ford Tri-Motor in 1933. The pilot's name was NOT Bill Elliott (I have included a picture of the REAL pilot below, and NO I won't give his name), and the original hiding place was not too awfully far from Farmington.

Best-Mike

After the gold was flown into El Paso, and then trucked to where it was buried. I agree. That place was not
far from Farmington.

Nope. It was flown into the Farmington area in the TriMotor. There are extant interviews with the man who gassed up the plane, and witnesses who saw it flying back and forth in 1933. We know where the plane landed and where the gold was originally hidden.

Like I said before, not a bit of that matters, because the location to which it was moved in 1952 was never revealed by the ranch caretaker. He took that secret to his grave. He did leave clues that I have stated before. Some have been found, but not all, and all of them are necessary.

Best-Mike

Well if it takes placing three gold bars together to form a map of the site it is buried at.
That's not lightly to happen. You are right people did see a plane flying back and forth.
Seems Trabuco had not thought this out really well. Bringing that much attention to and area
he was going to bury that hugh amount of gold in.
It would seem to make more since to bring it in by truck, in a quite way, even if it was an
isolated area, rather than a plane. But, a plane would be a good distraction, while the actual
unloading was done in another area.
Mike, I have no doth you believe that if all the gold bars are put together, the map will show
where the gold is. And, you may very well be right.
I believe that my pardner in AZ., and I are searching in the right area the gold is now in.
In the end, none of it will matter, if it was brought in by plane or truck or mule. What will matter
is that the man that finds it. Keeps his mouth shut. And, know in advance how he will dispose
of it.

Clayton

BINGO!

................and its not three bars, its five. A group of people have three, and they need the last two (unless Gary is correct).

Best-Mike

Interesting information. Ed Foster personally took me to a site that had a rock pecking of a three-engine plane. According to his research it had been there a very long time from locals who knew of it. I have a photo of it on my desk. According to Ed people at that time drew a picture of what they had seen and an airplane would have been quite a sight at that time. Model T

WELCOME TO TREASURENET Model T! :thumbsup: Thanks for the tidbit, one more piece to ponder... :icon_study:
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back