Jun 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get boxes of halves in my area so cwr and loose is my only option. I alway take them all. Been hunting since febuary and need one more 40% to complete my first roll. Went in to a bank last week, asked for halves, and the pretty, young teller said "I've got one", like she was sorry that's all she had for me. "I'll take it" I say. She looks it over them hands it to me. It's a dirty 1964. My first 90%. Thank you and have a nice day.
i bought two boxes of halves this year for the first time ever and got skunked on both. from my results and from what i am reading on this site about being skunked on boxes i am going to stick with CWRs. my best find so far came from CWRs a solid roll of 40%ers.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i bought two boxes of halves this year for the first time ever and got skunked on both. from my results and from what i am reading on this site about being skunked on boxes i am going to stick with CWRs. my best find so far came from CWRs a solid roll of 40%ers.

CWRs can give good scores, but you should also do boxes. You can then have a continuous supply of halves, while CWRs pop up only when people dump halves, which is sometimes not that often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread