1715 Fleet Dig Charts

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"True. What's more, Pete has a very treasure-hunter-like (or commercial, as he prefers to say) view of underwater cultural management, which causes me to really dislike his ideas and opinions"

Alexandre, being an engineer his views are probably based on reality and the recordable facts of what actually happens underwater, as opposed to the unrealistic ideology of art based genres such as underwater archaeology.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Currently, one can download a student (non-commercial) version of Civil 3D from Autocad and use it for free.

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was planning on getting out this year, I got the blower built but my port engine was toast, the new engine should be ready to install next week. It looks like research until next years field season.

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the dig charts for the 1715 wrecks

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was planning on getting out this year, I got the blower built but my port engine was toast, the new engine should be ready to install next week. It looks like research until next years field season.

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the dig charts for the 1715 wrecks
Which wreck?

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't know enough to settle on one wreck. Corrigans and Douglas Beach have produced a lot in the past and there is more to be found. I think there are some exclusive leases on them. I'd like to work around the trails of the "hot spots" to get started and they are near the inlets.

I'm also interested in checking out the Rio Mar and Sandy Point area, maps of all the wrecks would help me make a decision. I'm sure I will want to try a couple of wrecks if one does not produce after awhile. I'm trying to get an overall view of the whole area, having read most of the books that deal with the 1715 fleet and now I'm trying to get a picture of what's out there and how it is spread out.

Overeasy

May 7, 2008
Terry, I have a question about Auto-Cad. Does the age of the Version matter???? I have 2000 which I used with Design Express in my business. I have now retired and have not updated my A-C. I do not profess to be a A-C expert, my knowledge is very limited.

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that AutoCAD 2000 would handle the Fisher data. I built my own cadware and never made a habit of using AutoCAD past the Windows 3.1 era. I used AutoSketch back in the day, quit a bit, but even it would not read DWG directly. Always making use of DXF.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread