What's new

1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** PIX AFTER SLIGHT CLEAN....

outraged

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
531
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
We hit this site at 9 this morning. Within 4 minutes I had my first signal...a 182- Large cent. I am sure the full date is there however I have not cleaned it up. After a hour of poking around My buddy found a BEAUTIFUL 1817 LC....While I was on my way to see it I hit another solid signal...+88 on my trusty ol Whites....Well at a half inch out pops this beauty... A 1759 Spanish Pillar Dollar 2 Reale....I love this coin. It is about the same size as a quarter. After that we decided to head out until this evening. I also included a 1847 LC that I had found last night but forgot to post. Thanks guys
 

Attachments

  • milledk.webp
    milledk.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,460
  • milledk2.webp
    milledk2.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 1820.webp
    1820.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 1820-1.webp
    1820-1.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,428
  • 1847.webp
    1847.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,420
Upvote 0
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Nice finds, sounds like you have a good place.
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

DUDE ~ that is a sweet site you're hunting there! SWEET!!!!!
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Outraged is not a proper name for you anymore, how about "on cloud nine"? I love your posts and your fantastic finds. Thanks for sharing...Ryan
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

YO DA MAN, YOU DA MAN, YOU DAAAAAA MAAAAN!

I need slapped! :D
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

KirkPA... I told ya it was worth the wait ;)

Nickel_B
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Thats site seems to be full of some great coins!! Congrats and hope to see even more sweet coins!
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Woohoo and I did not scratch these.... >:(
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Awesome finds and that Pillar Reale is a beauty and in nice condition from what I have seen posted, the Pillars are usually very worn due to circulation! She will clean up nicely if you choose to clean it. I clean many of my silver farm field finds with a liquid silver cleaner, dip it for a few minutes then clean it off with a soft bristle toothbrush, rinse well, dry and repeat if you want to. Nice hot spot you guys have, good luck. HH, Mike
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Really great coins ! One can only wonder in amazment what you will find next !!! Good job !!Now go back there and find more ;D ;D ;D
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Now im outraged!!!!! kidding!!!!
Great finds and you have a super site ...where is that damn gold coin at????? :D
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Incredible! That 1847 took one for the team.
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Do you know what was going on in an area that produces so many coins? What is the background on this site with out giving it away?
Burdie
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Burdie said:
Do you know what was going on in an area that produces so many coins? What is the background on this site with out giving it away?
Burdie

This site once contained a Colonial bank. :D I heard President Washington had an account there. :D

As Pres. Washington approached the bank teller, he stated, "Yes, kind gentlewoman, my account # is 1795...indeed, ma'am, I will withdraw a Flowing Hair half dollar today. I will save the Pillar 2-Reale for another time, thank you."
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Wow, that's some site you have there, congrats on another batch of sweet coins!

Congrats on making the banner also on yesterday's beautiful find!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....If we all could find something so fantastic that we forget to post a large cent... ;) ;D

You have really made us all proud....And a bit jealous too.

Congrats just isn't good enough for what you've found the last two days.

Way to go man!!!

DANGLANGLEY
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

great hunting place and more fantastic finds outraged ! only thing i found today was a call on my phone that said come out to work >:( congrats on the great finds !
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

UPDATE...
Here is an update on this site...I hunted here tonight with a few friends...We all found tons of buttons...Only one good coin. I think it is a Conn Copper... I only have a pic of it dirty...It was found by a friend. I will post better pix tomorrow. Here are some pix of the site also.....I spent most of my time walking the field trying to figure out the layout.
 

Attachments

  • silvernailRD 106.webp
    silvernailRD 106.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,044
  • silvernailRD 099.webp
    silvernailRD 099.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,055
  • silvernailRD 094.webp
    silvernailRD 094.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • silvernailRD 093.webp
    silvernailRD 093.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,063
  • silvernailRD 092.webp
    silvernailRD 092.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,084
  • silvernailRD 087.webp
    silvernailRD 087.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,101
  • silvernailRD 066.webp
    silvernailRD 066.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,102
  • silvernailRD 051.webp
    silvernailRD 051.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,115
  • silvernailRD 050.webp
    silvernailRD 050.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • silvernailRD 070.webp
    silvernailRD 070.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,033
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

Is that you dude in that pic, dude?

What a site!
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

KirkPA said:
Is that you dude in that, dude?

What a site!
LOL...Yea that is me with the red hat...And the blonde is my wife/camera man...(woman)....She took some beautiful pix...(the ones without me in it...lol)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom