What's new

1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** PIX AFTER SLIGHT CLEAN....

outraged

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
531
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
We hit this site at 9 this morning. Within 4 minutes I had my first signal...a 182- Large cent. I am sure the full date is there however I have not cleaned it up. After a hour of poking around My buddy found a BEAUTIFUL 1817 LC....While I was on my way to see it I hit another solid signal...+88 on my trusty ol Whites....Well at a half inch out pops this beauty... A 1759 Spanish Pillar Dollar 2 Reale....I love this coin. It is about the same size as a quarter. After that we decided to head out until this evening. I also included a 1847 LC that I had found last night but forgot to post. Thanks guys
 

Attachments

  • milledk.webp
    milledk.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,460
  • milledk2.webp
    milledk2.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 1820.webp
    1820.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 1820-1.webp
    1820-1.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,428
  • 1847.webp
    1847.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,420
Upvote 0
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

A strapping young detectorist...hahaha...by the way, how old are you, dude? I am guessing 28, bud!
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Way to go on some great finds, really cool pics, and a beautifull camerawife. Keep em coming, those are great!
 
Re: Follow Up to the 1795 Flowing site 1759 Pillar Dollar 2 Reale

KirkPA said:
A strapping young detectorist...hahaha...by the way, how old are you, dude? I am guessing 28, bud!
I am 33....You are the first person who has ever told me I look younger...You must either be legally blind or on drugs...lol....But hey thanks dude!!



piggman1 said:
Way to go on some great finds, really cool pics, and a beautifull camerawife. Keep em coming, those are great!
My wife is pretty good at taking pix...And she is thrilled you called her beautiful...lol


Thanks guys
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

congrats outraged ! thats your wife? now how did a guy like you get a beautiful very young looking girl like that ;D great pics to, i really liked the one of you swinging with the sun going down ;) great finds
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

weasel606 said:
congrats outraged ! thats your wife? now how did a guy like you get a beautiful very young looking girl like that ;D great pics to, i really liked the one of you swinging with the sun going down ;) great finds
Psssh she is lucky to have found me. LOL....we have been married for almost 12 years....She is going to be [size=30pt][size=30pt][size=30pt]30[/size][/size][/size]...HAHA.....this year....lol
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Here is the most productive area for me...
 

Attachments

  • locations.webp
    locations.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 941
  • locations.webp
    locations.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 936
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Well if i can find a girl that looks like that in your field can i come and hunt with you??
Lovely lady ..
i WOULD HAVE TO GUESS THAT THE SITE HAS BEEN IN USE FOR A LONG WHILE WITH THE COINS YOU ARE FINDING.....
Great finds and keep us posted on more.....
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

What is that item you have in your outstretched hand in the one picture. It looks very much like an item I just found.
100_3291.webp

Your wife reminds me of the song "She don't know shes beautiful" by Sammy Kershall. She doesn't, but she is.

HH
Baldingboy
 

Attachments

  • 100_3291.webp
    100_3291.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 910
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

I want to say it is a lead musket ball...A little big but it is round and lead......Maybe some sort of musket ball or shot.
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

I love the pics, dude! Keep it up!
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Aaron Lines sings that song, dude!
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Outraged, I probably won't sleep tonight...I have the FEVER :D

Dude, you rock with that White's!

You make your New York ancestas proud. :D
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

looks like alot of field to cover ! get out there and hit it early before it gets hot ! and i hope your luck holds out and you find lots more outraged ;) keep that whites moving and i sure hope that wife of yours has a detector also, great pics and finds so keep them comeing 8)
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

outraged said:
I want to say it is a lead musket ball...A little big but it is round and lead......Maybe some sort of musket ball or shot.

Since it is round could it be some kind of lead seal or something that has iron rusted over it???
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Outraged,
Thanks for posting those photos! They're wonderful.

I love the one with the sun almost setting.

Congratulations again on the 2 Reale and all the other stuff from this new hunt!

Your wife has beautiful flowing hair too! ;)


Ridley
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Nice all around with everything you got!

... I just wish that I could get my wife to go with me once! ::)
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Man, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting treasure--human-type and metal-type..

Phenomenal finds! Your 2-Reale is about 42 years too old for me to look up in my 5-pound book.

It looks like someone nailed or screwed that 1847 LC to the cabin door or something (and even chamfered the hole to countersink the screw head).

There's a recent Blues song named "I'm in the wrong business". I'm in the wrong state.
But you're stuck with old Hilary and we've got that charming, elfin Jennifer Granholm, so I guess it evens out.

You're red hot, keep 'em coming!
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Great site. Just think anything else has really been a bonus after a few of the finds you have posted lately.

Still feel more awaits you. Can't wait to see as you and your friend bring out more finds.

Rev
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Another awesome coin. THe 2 Reale might have stolen the show had you not found that flowing hair half. Very Sweet.

Nice pictures of the site and wife. My wife is blonde too. ;D Most of the time she doesn't come with me. Only on the one hour hunts. 8)

Bob
 
Re: 1759 2 Reale....***UPDATE*** Bunch of pix

Great, Great finds, nothing better than hunting a relic site in a open field. Only thing that would have been better, is if the field had been worked.

Again,Congrats on some awesome finds.

HH, Ringfinder
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom