What's new

1766 Hibernia, iron shoe buckle, 4 KG3s, 1798 DBLC, 10 coppers total, buttons, more!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1766 Hibernia, iron shoe buckle, 4 KG3's, 1798 DBLC, 10 coppers total, button...

I bailed on DIPA weeks ago, but couldn't get my hotel deposit back, so the Basstards of Bramble did a hunt of our own 1-hr from the hotel. It's an old colonial house and Hessian camp I've been trying to get to for almost 2 years.

Found 10 coppers myself, Bart and Charlie did damn good themselves. Virgin colonial is a difficult feat.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845258.722193.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845284.385199.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845317.034939.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845361.255451.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845404.610789.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845421.319081.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845445.464685.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845484.218950.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845507.979628.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845530.954469.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460845567.158647.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460846012.629857.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460846283.967154.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460846298.756029.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460846042.328912.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460846062.705960.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460846084.833211.webp

My favorite find of the day was the iron shoe buckle followed by the 1766 Hibernia. A close third was the 1798 Draped Bust.

Most everything we have is on Video, but Bartek needs to edit it at his office next week. Until then...

Enjoy and Happy Hunting!

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 104
I went to DIPA and found a sunburn. Honestly, I did find a few buttons but that was it. I did get to meet some people from the forums that I haven't met before but there were others I wanted to meet including you Scrappy, Brad and Abe....I did drink a beer for all three of you though [emoji12]

I crashed the meet-n-greet on Friday night with the other Basstards of Bramble but didn't get a chance to see Bill (and you). I waved at 'ol Bill but he didn't recognize me from afar I guess. Yep, it would have been great to meet you as well.
 
I went to DIPA and found a sunburn. Honestly, I did find a few buttons but that was it. I did get to meet some people from the forums that I haven't met before but there were others I wanted to meet including you Scrappy, Brad and Abe....I did drink a beer for all three of you though [emoji12]

Lol did you pour a lil sip of your malt liquor on the concrete for your missing homies? Lol
Dude I can dig buttons out of my own lawn. Prob a large cent and some seated. But a huge congrats on those buttons. Killer bro. Post em up 8-)
 
Lol did you pour a lil sip of your malt liquor on the concrete for your missing homies? Lol
Dude I can dig buttons out of my own lawn. Prob a large cent and some seated. But a huge congrats on those buttons. Killer bro. Post em up 8-)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461106065.695745.webp. Don't be jelly yo
 
Banner hunt brother man!!!!
 
I went to DIPA and found a sunburn. Honestly, I did find a few buttons but that was it. I did get to meet some people from the forums that I haven't met before but there were others I wanted to meet including you Scrappy, Brad and Abe....I did drink a beer for all three of you though [emoji12]

Joey, it was a pleasure meeting you and hunting along side you for a while.
 
Hey, that's a lot better than some guys. One poor fellow I met drive from Scranton. All he got was a sunburn, wheaties, and an empty wallet. Nice guy though, but man what a bummer

Hey I'm from scranton.....

Lmao!!!
 
A friend of mine on Instagram went to the big event in Philly also. When he left the hunt he went to another spot to prove he could still find cool stuff and dug a 1832 Mexican reale lolololol

That's awesome!!!!!

A friend of mine left the hunt mid-day Saturday after him and his friends found SQUAT, and scored a large cent in a nearby park. Hell, Friday evening me and the boys blew some time in a local park and I scored an 1800 Half Cent! Lol.
 
That's awesome!!!!!

A friend of mine left the hunt mid-day Saturday after him and his friends found SQUAT, and scored a large cent in a nearby park. Hell, Friday evening me and the boys blew some time in a local park and I scored an 1800 Half Cent! Lol.

Hey, I did see you in the park on Friday. Bill and and I saw some people digging in a park on that main drag close to the hunt site late Friday afternoon around 5 or so. Was that you?
 
1766 Hibernia, iron shoe buckle, 4 KG3's, 1798 DBLC, 10 coppers total, button...

Same here Steve. If only we were hunting at Scrappys site, lol.

Hey, I did see you in the park on Friday. Bill and and I saw some people digging in a park on that main drag close to the hunt site late Friday afternoon around 5 or so. Was that you?

We were tucked away in the back of a park in Prospectville. It was ROUGH but the date came throughImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461113379.739857.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461113399.845914.webp. Anyway, listen, if everyone bring machetes and flame throwers we can do an organized clearing, then hunt. I'll charge nothing, but I'll bring a hibachi for lunch, which we'll need to shoot some animal for meat...

Now, since some of my boys were screwed on the hunt and left, I invited a few on Sunday in hopes they would score some goodies. All together they found 3 British coppers and a large cent, lots of buttons, and some cool relics. Here's a group pic. Bro's before finds I say...ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461113682.950944.webp

And Cjon, if you were still there you would have gotten an invite buddy.
 
Last edited:
Hey I appreciate that, unfortunately my crappy temper got the best of me and I bailed outta there, maybe sometime this year we can get in a hunt somewhere
 
Hey I appreciate that, unfortunately my crappy temper got the best of me and I bailed outta there, maybe sometime this year we can get in a hunt somewhere

Yep, we'll get one in this year. Time is always my biggest issue. I know you understand being a family man yourself.
 
That's quite a day you had there Steve, and obviously much better than what most of us found that day at another location. Keep em coming man.
 
That's quite a day you had there Steve, and obviously much better than what most of us found that day at another location. Keep em coming man.

Just keep doing your thing bill, you always make killer finds
 
That's quite a day you had there Steve, and obviously much better than what most of us found that day at another location. Keep em coming man.

Thanks Bill. You too...


I know you will bud.
 
Simply awesome digs Steve. :notworthy: I could not stop drooling over the finds you showed us on Saturday evening. My Banner vote is in. :headbang: The site is a great one for sure. Fording streams and walking through the brambles, thought we'd never get to the site. We had a beautiful weather and I got bloodied by swinging the coil and crawling in the thick brambles. It sure was fun eating, drinking, and swinging the coil with you and the rest of the Basstards of Bramble. I won't bash the DIPA hunt. Heck if I didn't attend, I would not have had a chance to hunt with you, Kieth, Bart, Tom, Smitty, & Charlie. I made many memories last weekend I met so many people in person that I only knew here on Tnet. Looking forward to hunting with ya'll in the future. :icon_thumright:

GL & HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom