What's new

1791 reale2

trog

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Granada
Detector(s) used
Try Shadow3 Whites 6000di3
Hola

Whilst out today on an old view point site above a 15th century monastery I wrestled this beauty from only 2" with my old 6000 di3. Not bad for 10 mins wandering. Any ideas of where it was minted and maybe whats its worth?
Trog :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • real2 front (Small).webp
    real2 front (Small).webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 329
  • real2 back.webp
    real2 back.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 333
  • real2 front (Small).webp
    real2 front (Small).webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 318
  • real2 back.webp
    real2 back.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 314
Hey Trog

I believe that the P.R. on the reverse of this coin indicates that it was minted in Bolivia (Potosi)

Your coin is in great condition maybe $100.00 not sure I didn't see one exactly like yours or in as good a condition as yours. Nice find

HH
MichiganRob
 
Upvote 0
MichiganRob said:
Hey Trog

I believe that the P.R. on the reverse of this coin indicates that it was minted in Bolivia (Potosi)

Your coin is in great condition maybe $100.00 not sure I didn't see one exactly like yours or in as good a condition as yours. Nice find

HH
MichiganRob
Very nice old Spanish Carlos IIII 2 reale! I think the dollar sign $ thingy means Potosi mint. The Assayer is PR.

Lot of old places in Granada. Possibly virgin territory.
 
Upvote 0
Very nice old Spanish Carlos IIII  2 reale!  I think the dollar sign $ thingy means Potosi mint. The Assayer is PR.

Lot of old places in Granada. Possibly virgin territory.
[/quote]

Right mint...wrong reason
Thanx for educating me bigcypresshunter

HH
MichiganRob
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom