What's new

***1793 CHAIN CENT*** A SWEET 7 COPPER DAY!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't even know where to start Frank picked me up & we headed back to a cellar hole that produced last time there (Roger got 2 nice Ct coppers ,frank got a nova constellatio & i dug a Ct & a 1722 french coin.
Today was no exception right off the bat Ct's started poppin, then a 1793 chain cent! a few more coppers.frank got a KG then i got the shoe buckle.after hours there we decided to hit another site we just eyeballed on side of road.another shoe buckle this one being iron and a 1807 draped bust LC. what a day!
kinda afraid to clean this chain cent anymore.has blackish gritty gunk on it.any suggestions or should i submit this to be professionally cleaned and slabbed?
also frank dug this cannonball.could this thing be live?notice the hole in center?
so all in all i dug 3 CT coppers,1 draped bust,1 chain cent & 2 smoothies.the 1793 is the rarer variety with AMERI in legend.
 

Attachments

  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 020.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 020.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 6,350
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 043.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 043.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 6,110
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 026.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 026.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 6,143
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 027.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 027.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 6,234
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 022.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 022.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 6,215
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 021.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 021.webp
    26 KB · Views: 6,210
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 6,553
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 001.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 001.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 6,263
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 005.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 005.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 6,309
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 044.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 044.webp
    37 KB · Views: 6,109
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 045.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 045.webp
    44 KB · Views: 6,081
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 028.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 028.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 6,128
Upvote 10
:o :o :o :o
 

Attachments

  • Picard_full_of_win.webp
    Picard_full_of_win.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 320
Iron Patch said:
Ted Mac said:
Also, who's property was it found on.



In the future please remember not to ask me this question. :wink: (you won't like the answer)

The question isn't for me. Seeings how I've never found anything worth much more than a pulltab, "what happens when something like this is found?" I mean everyone is always congratulating people when they return rings to their owners. How is this any different? If that was found on someones property other than the guy who found it, shouldn't that person be notified? And maybe Dave did, I don't know. But what is the protocol?

Ted
 
allen said:
Congrats on the banner and on that gorgeous chain cent !!!!
thanks Allen! :thumbsup:
 
:notworthy: What a hunt! :notworthy: :o Way to go! What a great looking place to be hunting! :icon_pirat:

Many congrats to ya!!

Nana :hello:
 
Man, That is a dream hunt for sure! So much history .
 
Ted Mac said:
Iron Patch said:
Ted Mac said:
Also, who's property was it found on.



In the future please remember not to ask me this question. :wink: (you won't like the answer)

The question isn't for me. Seeings how I've never found anything worth much more than a pulltab, "what happens when something like this is found?" I mean everyone is always congratulating people when they return rings to their owners. How is this any different? If that was found on someones property other than the guy who found it, shouldn't that person be notified? And maybe Dave did, I don't know. But what is the protocol?

Ted
If the question isn't for you? then who's askin?
Ted i don't know what to say? the owner of this coin is 6 feet under so returning it to him is outta the question. Mr.Smith owner of the property is 85 and said knock ourselves out.should i go up to mr. smith and say i dont want this coin and shove it in his pocket and run?
This is much different than returning a lost ring. Mr. Smith isn't a descendant of the original owners of this property.
Now,if he was then it would be a whole different story
 
sentimental objects being returned is one thing, an item this old is finders keepers unless an arrangement was made with the landowner before the hunt began. everyone wants in on the lotto win they would have won if they had stayed in the lotto pool at work
 
hogge said:
I have NO idea why someone would go and "blat" about who's property it was on. There is always someone on this site with a "Felix Unger" comment. ::) Personally, I wouldn't send the coin out to be preserved or slabbed. We have this discussion all the time. Unless it was a coin like "Continental Currency" that has to be authenticated. This is a coin, that if Dave wanted to sell, would be good candidate for a Heretige or Stacks auction. You get alot of exposure and alot of BIG collectors after it. Real collectors, like to examine the coin,"in the metal", NOT in some plastic case. It's a real beauty, and in great shape for a dug, RARE, copper. On the other hand.......As in the case of my 25-83A.......I got shafted at the auction. Should have taken the $5.000 as I was offered. BUT....then again.....There are more collectors that would be after this Chain Cent, than were after my CFT., as there was a small collector community for my type of coin. CONGRATS AGAIN Dave, I WANT A HIGLEY TOO! We are both in a spot where we may be able to dig one! I hope I get one before you.....you lucky $%&^$$#@*&&@@! :thumbsup: :laughing9: :notworthy: Hogge
thanks Hogge! what's a CFT?
 
This is the third Chain Cent I have seen on this site.

Wow! If I found one of those I would probably crap a cannonball!!

Congratulations! Awesome!
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
hogge said:
I have NO idea why someone would go and "blat" about who's property it was on. There is always someone on this site with a "Felix Unger" comment. ::) Personally, I wouldn't send the coin out to be preserved or slabbed. We have this discussion all the time. Unless it was a coin like "Continental Currency" that has to be authenticated. This is a coin, that if Dave wanted to sell, would be good candidate for a Heretige or Stacks auction. You get alot of exposure and alot of BIG collectors after it. Real collectors, like to examine the coin,"in the metal", NOT in some plastic case. It's a real beauty, and in great shape for a dug, RARE, copper. On the other hand.......As in the case of my 25-83A.......I got shafted at the auction. Should have taken the $5.000 as I was offered. BUT....then again.....There are more collectors that would be after this Chain Cent, than were after my CFT., as there was a small collector community for my type of coin. CONGRATS AGAIN Dave, I WANT A HIGLEY TOO! We are both in a spot where we may be able to dig one! I hope I get one before you.....you lucky $%&^$$#@*&&@@! :thumbsup: :laughing9: :notworthy: Hogge
thanks Hogge! what's a CFT?
Counterfeit.....abbreviation
 
Great find, but you already know that! :icon_thumright:
 
Amazing! Incredible! Mind-blowing!! I could go on...

Congrats on a stellar hunt. I'm truly speechless!!
 
Just happen to pop into Tnet for a moment to see what is going on and what do i see ....Chain
Cent! Ok ....Now i have already left a thread on this post.....But is worth another buzzzzz. That is by far the best coin found in this site since the "Half Disme".....Its an amazing coin to find and in such great Condition!

Im am interested in one thing though, the site you found it. Was it in a rural area (country,wooded) or close to town... ? Thanks John
 
That was one amazing hunt. Any one of those coppers would have made my decade. Banner for sure! :headbang:
 
Youre killing me overhere! Banner for sure.
 
animal said:
Youre killing me overhere! Banner for sure.
thanks Mike! This coin has already been on the banner and is long gone off the banner :laughing7: what were ya doin sleepin all this time?
 
The Patriot said:
Iron Patch said:
Ted Mac said:
Also, who's property was it found on.


In the future please remember not to ask me this question. :wink: (you won't like the answer)

thinking the same thing :angry7:

Not a good idea. That's like asking a prospector how much gold he's finding. >:(
 
Wow...so awesome... Most hunt a lifetime to find 1 large copper and you have found nearly 300?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom