What's new

1794 liberty cap. LARGE CENT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE, from DON OF SOUTH JERSEY, THIS COIN IS A 1794 LIBRARY CAP, THE DATE PLAYED TRICKS ON US!!!few hours to kill this afternoon so I stopped by this 1719 house where ive never had much. I pulled a few buttons out last fall but I figured I'd give it a shot.
(BOY, IAM SURE GLAD I DID)
The ground just lite up with targets,
First coin was the kg111, then i got the barber dime..Was hoping for older silver, but hey its silver.
Then i dug a few buttons, The sportsmen button with the dog on it I really like! Then came the chocolate tweezers. .That the second pair to come from this site.
Then it happen, I was walking down the side of the house and i get this weak signal, so i started playing with the detector changing some settings to see if i could get a better hit on it..
I was able to clean up the signal some, but not TID reading..
But it was that high wispering tone that you just love!!!!
Dug down about 9inch a bam!!!!
This green disc comes out..
I pick it up, and right away i know its a capped bust by the thickness. .
I say come on chain cent. (NOPE)
Not it..lol.
Anyway i was still really happy..
I wiped it a little bit in the field, and thought i seen 94..
So i checked the side for the leaf,
Hoping the leaf was down to make it the 93 head...
Didn't know it was much better.
After a bath in distilled water, followed by a mineral oil bath..
Yes!!!!! Its a 1793 CAPPED BUST..
My first one.
I have found 1793 half cent before, and 2 1794 Large cents..But the 93 has eluded in till today.
If you could not tell..
Iam a happy man...
Thanks for looking, and sorry about this long winded post..
Just really wanted to share this with you guys.
My wife just dont get it...lol.
Ps, i had to take a pick of the house just to show how cool it it..
George

)
 

Attachments

  • 1430867176816.webp
    1430867176816.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 759
  • 1430867213903.webp
    1430867213903.webp
    61 KB · Views: 764
  • 1430867232425.webp
    1430867232425.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 767
  • 1430867246862.webp
    1430867246862.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 909
  • 1430867260035.webp
    1430867260035.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 715
  • 1430867272393.webp
    1430867272393.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 687
  • 1430867283973.webp
    1430867283973.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 692
  • 1430867298612.webp
    1430867298612.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 656
  • 1430867309973.webp
    1430867309973.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:
Upvote 100
Opps forgot the rest..
 

Attachments

  • 1430867333544.webp
    1430867333544.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 571
  • 1430867344622.webp
    1430867344622.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 659
  • 1430867359063.webp
    1430867359063.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 1430867383043.webp
    1430867383043.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 555
  • 1430867394230.webp
    1430867394230.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 574
  • 1430867409843.webp
    1430867409843.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 562
  • 1430867421393.webp
    1430867421393.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 572
  • 1430867434512.webp
    1430867434512.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 576
  • 1430867445870.webp
    1430867445870.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 542
Pretty cool finds George!
 
Great coin George! Nice sporting button too!
 
1793 CAPPED BUST LARGE CENT!!!!

Banner banner bo banner banana fanna fo fanner bee bi Bo banner!

11 k mintage is amazing
 
Last edited:
George CONGRATS on the Capped Bust Largie. Which detector where you using ? My Banner Vote is in :thumbsup:
 
WOW, GREAT HUNT !!:thumbsup:
 
George CONGRATS on the Capped Bust Largie. Which detector where you using ? My Banner Vote is in :thumbsup:

Thanks Bubba,
The deus. .
 
Just put my banner vote in, congrats George!
 
Congrats on digging so many keepers :thumbsup: Looks like you found a good site. Getting into the 1700's club is still on my bucket list.
 
That's a hell of a hunt george!, nice to add a coin to your collection that's been eluding you, somehow you manage to kill it all the time!
 
That is a killer coin! As I coin collector, I am very jealous!! Banner for sure!!!
 
The coppers this year have been exceptional so far; yours is right up there with the rest, maybe a little above!
Very well done!
 
Nice job again Vino. Location location location. You are nailing it in Pa. What a beautiful old home.
Congrats!
 
you make me sick....in a good kind of way. Keep the sickness in me, please. Banner Find!
 
UH OH ABE!!!! I truly look forward to reading your short story about George and his metal detecting prowess!

George!!! A very hearty and heartfelt congratulations to you on this amazing find. You know I don't know much about coins this old but looking in my redbook it is obvious it is a very rare and very valuable coin. Congratulations my friend. My banner vote is in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom