What's new

1795 Capped Liberty Cent

Stan Milgram

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2012
Messages
75
Reaction score
232
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
T2, AT Pro, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today in the same field where I found the 1798 2 Real last week. :thumbsup:

Not sure what variety it is and any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • liberty obverse.webp
    liberty obverse.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 218
  • liberty reverse.webp
    liberty reverse.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 217
  • cap in hand.webp
    cap in hand.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 60
Thats a killer coin!
Got to love seeing the Capped coming out..
Fantastic.
 
Lot of detail left on that one! Congrats!
 
Congrats! It's in great shape. Though a Liberty Cap in any shape is a nice find :icon_thumright:
 
That one ought to come out nice after a peroxide bath.
 
Whatever variety it is, that is one spectacular coin and in great shape- Huge congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Congrats on the old copper, nice to see the detail still there.
 
Fantastic , :icon_scratch: possibly a lettered edge (a hundred for a dollar ) ,
check it to see if it is plain or lettered .
 
Nice. Those dont get posted much at all
 
Wow great capped! I see talk of cleaning, but she's perfect just the way she is IMO

Steve
 
I would only toothpick it to clean. I chemically cleaned (peroxide) a nice detailed 1822 and now its very dark and hard to read. Wish I never did it.
 
Based on what looks like LIBERTY being very close spacing wise and the CENT on the Reverse being more slightly below center, it appears it is a Sheldon 78 Rarity 1 Common for that year. Large Cents
 
Great find !!
 
Fantastic find, she is one of my favorite copper coins!
 
SWEEEEEEET.... I recently found a 1796... But you have me beat by a year! As far as the cleaning, don't be very aggressive. You can lose detail, even with water. You just need to be very careful and dont go crazy cleaning it. She looks fantastic now!!!!
 
Don't mess up a good thing. She is a beaut the way she is. Very nice surface there:thumbsup:
 
That is a very nice largie.
Congratulations! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom