What's new

1798 Draped Bust LC & Nice knee buckle & some seateds

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
last couple hunts
 

Attachments

  • P3250224.webp
    P3250224.webp
    754 KB · Views: 178
  • P3260233.webp
    P3260233.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
  • P3260235.webp
    P3260235.webp
    483.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_1703.webp
    100_1703.webp
    556.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_1711.webp
    100_1711.webp
    504.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_1707.webp
    100_1707.webp
    406.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_1722.webp
    100_1722.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_1723.webp
    100_1723.webp
    100.5 KB · Views: 139
  • P4010237.webp
    P4010237.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 136
  • P4010246.webp
    P4010246.webp
    897.5 KB · Views: 147
  • P4010250.webp
    P4010250.webp
    744 KB · Views: 131
  • P4010248.webp
    P4010248.webp
    269.5 KB · Views: 140
  • P4010249.webp
    P4010249.webp
    183 KB · Views: 138
  • P4020265.webp
    P4020265.webp
    697.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P4020266.webp
    P4020266.webp
    722.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_1738.webp
    100_1738.webp
    477.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_1714.webp
    100_1714.webp
    470.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_1715.webp
    100_1715.webp
    480 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 54
What a great looking LC
 
Great condition on that draped bust copper...I like the Irish copper too...but that knee buckle is is my favorite...I've seen that pattern before...congrats
 
That 1798 is in fantastic shape for a dug coin and the Hibernia isn't to shabby either. What's your perfered method of cleaning old coppers- based on the toning I'm guessing peroxide? Love the buckle as well- nice work!
 
That's a very successful hunt. I think that's a place you could hunt several times and still find done thing. Who know maybe you'll even pick-up a steel spring probe and search for the old outhouse. There are likely sone nice bottles there(and coins). Thanks for all the photos, you can never post too many
 
That 1798 is in fantastic shape for a dug coin and the Hibernia isn't to shabby either. What's your perfered method of cleaning old coppers- based on the toning I'm guessing peroxide? Love the buckle as well- nice work!
thanks! yeah i like the room temp peroxide method and use a q-tip dipped in it.but as with most every coin is different.I got lucky that this surface wasn't soil damaged.
 
The detail on that 1798 is pretty incredible. That clasp knife looks early, could be Rev. War period. Love the buckle, too!
Thanks Jason,yep the clasp knife is early 1750-1780ish. too bad the blade is broke but i will try to save it and preserve it the best I can.
 
Great stuff Dave. The detail on the 1798 is crisp. Too bad that last 8 wasn't a 9...:tongue3: Love the knee buckle too. Most of those Irish halfpennies are pretty smoked but you've got some meat left on yours. I tried clicking on the pictures thinking they were videos but nothing happened. :laughing7::dontknow:
 
Great stuff Dave. The detail on the 1798 is crisp. Too bad that last 8 wasn't a 9...:tongue3: Love the knee buckle too. Most of those Irish halfpennies are pretty smoked but you've got some meat left on yours. I tried clicking on the pictures thinking they were videos but nothing happened. :laughing7::dontknow:
'
thanks so much.no vids? just pics
 
Wow, great finds. Your a hard act to follow.
 
Those 1798s always seem to come out in nice shape, even here in PA. Yours is a great looking one too! Combined with the other coins and you had a great hunt. :)

Was gonna say the same thing. I'm always amazed when the DB's look awesome and the 1855's like sh-t. Holy cow what a bunch of awesome finds. You are motivating me to hit it tomorrow!
 
Great finds dave!
 
Great finds as always Dave! :occasion14:
You always do such an amazing job at restoring their condition too my friend. :thumbsup:

Hope you have another great year,
Dave
 
Sweet hunt, great finds, great pix!
 
Wow! I'm late to this one but I'm glad I didn't miss it. I usually can find one stand-out item that shines above the rest but you found quite a few. That knife is a wonderful find and likely rev. - what a snag! Great knee buckle too and quite ornate. And of course the 1798 DB is in great condition - in all, you're on it!!! Nice man!
 
That's one great hunt.
The DB looks to be in amazing shape. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom