What's new

1830 Large Cent

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to slip out for a little hunt last night. I only had a little time, so I went around the corner to an old, well hunted spot, that promised to yield nothing more than a bit of exercise and a couple of bottle caps.

I have hunted that very spot where I found the coin, several times... as have others, so I was quite surprised when an 1830 large cent came out of the hole... along with some trash. You just never know what you will find, and those "iffy" signals that others don't dig occasionally turn out to be something good. However, you better get ready to dig buckets full of trash!

Only the second LC that I have found in NC in two years.

Thanks for looking, and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160511_184752_912-1.webp
    IMG_20160511_184752_912-1.webp
    208.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20160508_155410_388-1.webp
    IMG_20160508_155410_388-1.webp
    276.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20160512_105228 (002).webp
    IMG_20160512_105228 (002).webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Upvote 54
That's a great coin. Congratulations
 
Nice. Love those big old coppers.
 
Really nice - Congrats! :hello2:
 
Congrats on the LC Tom, but I think the bucketful of junk is also pretty impressive!
 
I can definitely relate to the bucket of trash. The good finds don't come without all of that hard work. Nice LC. Congrats!
 
Sweet bucket of junk! The large cent is ok too haha. That's damn near 200 years old, excellent job Tom!
 
If it wasn't for iffy signals, I'd have no signals! Awesome LC Tom. Nice green color on it too man. It's killer to get a smooth perfect tone and know something great is about to pop up... but it's so much more fun after a bucket of trash, when you unmask a LC like that. I went out to dig nails today and nails I dug, but a few surprises surfaced too and that made it even more fun. I'll post them tomorrow. Awesome hunt Tom :icon_thumright:
 
Nice one Tom. Sure beats the few Wheaties I got the other day with Chris:occasion14:
 
Nice job Tom. I love to dig trash, because that means I am going to find something. To many people only concentrate on the good signals, & dont know what they are missing.
 
Nice LC Tom. I haven't found one yet! Jelly I am.
 
Nice Diggs Tom!
 
Congrats on the LC Tom, man thats a lot of junk in that bucket...
 
Good grief... was that bucket of iron all from the hunt? Holy Moses!

That bucket sits in the garage, I walk by it and thrown trash from my pouch in it. Probably took a couple of months to fill it up. Most of the places I hunt are trashy. Other people give up, however, I just keep digging... and every once in a while, something good shows up!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom