1842 Silver - Mexican 4 reale my oldest silver!

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didn't expect to dig this today, but glad it happened! Don't ever see or hear of early Mexican silver dug in a south Georgia plowed field! Bonus, arrowhead found nearby also! IMAG1937.jpgIMAG1938.jpgIMAG1969.jpg

Upvote 34
Great job! 🙌 That's a beauty!!!

Well thank you sir!

Nice Find! Great hunk of old silver. The Mexican Easter Bunny left you a beautiful gift. (much nicer than jelly beans) Happy Easter !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice finds altogether, of course the 4 R's is special. A lot fewer 4 R 's were made than 8 R's. I looked it up in my old Krause catalog and there are two varieties listed for 1842 Zs 4 R's. A large letter and small letter types are listed, with the small letter variety being fairly scarce with an old value of $150 in just fine condition given. I'm not going to try to grade your coin, but is a nice example. I don't know which variety you have, but is in a nice state of preservation. Thanks for sharing !

How cool is that? An eagle standing on a cactus holding a snake. I love your arrow point also, that sir is a great hunt!

Very cool find! Especially one for Southwest Georgia. I can hardly wait to see it in person.

Love them surprise silvers.
Nice going

That’s a BBW - a Big Beautiful Whopper of a coin. I found an 8r Mexican in Florida but suspect it was a collection drop from where a house once stood.

Beautiful find

Thats a beauty display piece

Congrats on that Mexican beauty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back