Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go, Quindy and Judie. :)
So yesterday after the storms, my buddies and I went out for a hunt. Seems summer is finally coming to an end and we're ready! The temps were perfect and the soil was as soft as sweet potato pie. Tin foil, nails and 22 shells...make sure and dig 'em. ;) About an hour into our hunt and after digging many of the previous mentioned, I got another low reading on my MXT with a loud tone. Four inches down under the roots of a cedar tree. I dig the hole and see a tiny gold looking, round something or other. My first thought was play money? Nah, not here. Then how about a foreign coin of some sort? Nah..I don't think so. I turn it over and see 1 Dollar. What! No way. I jump up and run to where my buddies are. We look it over, see the date and we all are in shock as to what it is. Oh happy day! That coin waited 155 years for me to find it. I have to wonder who lost such a beautiful coin. Wonder if there's another? lol
D ain't for Denver. ;) Only 4,952 minted and I got one! Woop! I'ma happy gal. :)

IMG_8177.JPG

IMG_8156.JPG

Upvote 94

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Thanks, ya'll. :) I have put up more close up pics here along the way. Maybe I should figure out how to put them on the first post. :P I did take another for size reference....AND I just noticed that I used the metric side of the tape. :X But everyone knows what a Q-tip and a dime looks like, eh? ;) This coin is TINY!
Thanks again...it's relic season...busy, busy, busy.
Nana
View attachment 1081890
View attachment 1081891

that Q tip reminds me i have to clean the wax out of my ears

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes definitely a find of a lifetime.more close up pic's please.how about one next to a penny or dime to show size relation.thats is SWEEEEEEET.now we all NEED to know keep it or sell it ?i cant take the suspense.
So I forgot to answer your question.... ​KEEP IT! ;)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, been off of the forums due to the move and just saw this! This is huge and an astounding find!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving....
Nana

thanksgiving blessings.jpg

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Nana! Congrats big time on the gold coin!!! Am getting ready to retire, so thought I'd get back into the treasure game. Have missed all my buddies! - Noodle

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Noodle! So glad to hear you're fixing to have all the time in the world to hunt. ;) You put on the next get-together and I'll be there! Charlie and I still brag on all that yummy food you all put out. Ugh! The shrimp...my favorite! hahahaha! HH!
Nana :hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Nana40,

An absolutely beautiful rare gold coin! Have you come down from your “find high”?

Double Congratulations!!!

Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Nana40,

An absolutely beautiful rare gold coin! Have you come down from your “find high”?

Double Congratulations!!!

Thank you for sharing.

Does that happen? hahaha! Just kidding. I will say that after digging that up, now I need another. :P
Thanks a bunch! Nana

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! I am still looking for my first GOLD coin. I know I will find one.
I have already found a GOLD men's wedding band.
Rob ~ Out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread