What's new

🥇 BANNER After 25 years my first gold coin

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,953
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted much on here recently but had a bit of a surprise on Saturday. Ironhorse and I were out here in Atlantic Canada and shortly into a walk from one site to another to the next field I got a signal, dug it up and even though I could only see small portions of the coin through the dirt, it was unmistakably gold. At that moment my brain sort of went to mush and I think I had picked it up, but for some reason put it back in the dirt and called IH over for the reveal. The picture was taken at a good angle and it's not completely issue free, however it did escape any major damage and I consider myself extremely lucky as it is a farm field coin. The wild thing is how there was a way better chance neither of us found it because we were just walking in a straight line to the next site... I just happened to take the exact path to put myself over it. Given how many sites I've hunted and how many coins I've dug over so many years, I was quite willing to take any gold coin in any condition and call it a major success. This one far surpassed my expectations.

It's a 1778 British Guinea. 8.3g (22k)
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_20251129_181246.webp
    thumbnail_20251129_181246.webp
    360.7 KB · Views: 635
  • thumbnail_20251129_181303.webp
    thumbnail_20251129_181303.webp
    307.8 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
I haven't posted much on here recently but had a bit of a surprise on Saturday. Ironhorse and I were out here in Atlantic Canada and shortly into a walk from one site to another to the next field I got a signal, dug it up and even though I could only see small portions of the coin through the dirt, it was unmistakably gold. At that moment my brain sort of went to mush and I think I had picked it up, but for some reason put it back in the dirt and called IH over for the reveal. The picture was taken at a good angle and it's not completely issue free, however it did escape any major damage and I consider myself extremely lucky as it is a farm field coin. The wild thing is how there was a way better chance neither of us found it because we were just walking in a straight line to the next site... I just happened to take the exact path to put myself over it. Given how many sites I've hunted and how many coins I've dug over so many years, I was quite willing to take any gold coin in any condition and call it a major success. This one far surpassed my expectations.

It's a 1778 British Guinea. 8.3g (22k)
Amazing find for sure!
 
I haven't posted much on here recently but had a bit of a surprise on Saturday. Ironhorse and I were out here in Atlantic Canada and shortly into a walk from one site to another to the next field I got a signal, dug it up and even though I could only see small portions of the coin through the dirt, it was unmistakably gold. At that moment my brain sort of went to mush and I think I had picked it up, but for some reason put it back in the dirt and called IH over for the reveal. The picture was taken at a good angle and it's not completely issue free, however it did escape any major damage and I consider myself extremely lucky as it is a farm field coin. The wild thing is how there was a way better chance neither of us found it because we were just walking in a straight line to the next site... I just happened to take the exact path to put myself over it. Given how many sites I've hunted and how many coins I've dug over so many years, I was quite willing to take any gold coin in any condition and call it a major success. This one far surpassed my expectations.

It's a 1778 British Guinea. 8.3g (22k)
Outstanding!!!! Congrats!!!!
 
Holy Cow! You are living the dream Iron Patch. That is an absolutely sensational coin, and most assuredly BANNER worthy. Congratulations!!!!!
Do you recall what the VDI was for that coin? I'd be very curious to know. Cheers!
 
Huge congrats on that awesome score, Banner all the way!!!
 
Holy Cow! You are living the dream Iron Patch. That is an absolutely sensational coin, and most assuredly BANNER worthy. Congratulations!!!!!
Do you recall what the VDI was for that coin? I'd be very curious to know. Cheers!
Thanks. No idea as I'm sound only and my Deus II remote stays in my pocket. So it's just dig or don't dig.
 
I haven't posted much on here recently but had a bit of a surprise on Saturday. Ironhorse and I were out here in Atlantic Canada and shortly into a walk from one site to another to the next field I got a signal, dug it up and even though I could only see small portions of the coin through the dirt, it was unmistakably gold. At that moment my brain sort of went to mush and I think I had picked it up, but for some reason put it back in the dirt and called IH over for the reveal. The picture was taken at a good angle and it's not completely issue free, however it did escape any major damage and I consider myself extremely lucky as it is a farm field coin. The wild thing is how there was a way better chance neither of us found it because we were just walking in a straight line to the next site... I just happened to take the exact path to put myself over it. Given how many sites I've hunted and how many coins I've dug over so many years, I was quite willing to take any gold coin in any condition and call it a major success. This one far surpassed my expectations.

It's a 1778 British Guinea. 8.3g (22k)
Wow! Congratulations on your awesome bucket lister!!!
 
Thanks. No idea as I'm sound only and my Deus II remote stays in my pocket. So it's just dig or don't dig.
You can test it now and still be close
 
The sun shown down on you in a great way! Congratulations on that shiny piece!
 
Congrats on the Beautiful GOLD coin!!!!!!!!!

TommNJ
 
I haven't posted much on here recently but had a bit of a surprise on Saturday. Ironhorse and I were out here in Atlantic Canada and shortly into a walk from one site to another to the next field I got a signal, dug it up and even though I could only see small portions of the coin through the dirt, it was unmistakably gold. At that moment my brain sort of went to mush and I think I had picked it up, but for some reason put it back in the dirt and called IH over for the reveal. The picture was taken at a good angle and it's not completely issue free, however it did escape any major damage and I consider myself extremely lucky as it is a farm field coin. The wild thing is how there was a way better chance neither of us found it because we were just walking in a straight line to the next site... I just happened to take the exact path to put myself over it. Given how many sites I've hunted and how many coins I've dug over so many years, I was quite willing to take any gold coin in any condition and call it a major success. This one far surpassed my expectations.

It's a 1778 British Guinea. 8.3g (22k)
Better hunt that WHOLE field, what if it was a cache and broken up over time. What if...
 
That is a mic-drop find -- huge congratulations! As unlikely as it may be, I hope you and Ironhorse find more of them. Wouldn't that be wild!
 
Outstanding Achievement
Congratulations on your banner recognition!!!!!!!!!
 
I haven't posted much on here recently but had a bit of a surprise on Saturday. Ironhorse and I were out here in Atlantic Canada and shortly into a walk from one site to another to the next field I got a signal, dug it up and even though I could only see small portions of the coin through the dirt, it was unmistakably gold. At that moment my brain sort of went to mush and I think I had picked it up, but for some reason put it back in the dirt and called IH over for the reveal. The picture was taken at a good angle and it's not completely issue free, however it did escape any major damage and I consider myself extremely lucky as it is a farm field coin. The wild thing is how there was a way better chance neither of us found it because we were just walking in a straight line to the next site... I just happened to take the exact path to put myself over it. Given how many sites I've hunted and how many coins I've dug over so many years, I was quite willing to take any gold coin in any condition and call it a major success. This one far surpassed my expectations.

It's a 1778 British Guinea. 8.3g (22k)
Awesome find
 
Cheers and Congratulations! Is a very beAUtiful coin!!! Condition makes me wonder if it had been kept with a few others collected by crows in an old tree that had been pushed and buried to clear the land when farm was being first established or was buried in a leather pouch or tin container below one before land was ever farmed.
Either way or how is an amazing find!👍🤟
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom