What's new

🥇 BANNER 1877 Indian Head Penny!!

rj35pj

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
1
Location
East Central Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
E-trac,Omniprobe
I received both of my 1877 Indian Head pennies back from ANACS yesterday. Both were graded "corroded 40 VF details." I am very happy with the grading and they look great in their cases.
Thank you for all the banner nominations it has been fun.
Bob
 

Attachments

  • PB170050.webp
    PB170050.webp
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,346
  • PB170053.webp
    PB170053.webp
    287 KB · Views: 1,650
  • PB170051.webp
    PB170051.webp
    180 KB · Views: 1,064
  • PB170052.webp
    PB170052.webp
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:
seated and 77 IH, man, that's a great result!
 
Excellent coins! Congrats on a beautiful 1877.
 
You had an absolutely amazing day! Congrats on finding the KEY date Indian!
 
Awesome finds ! That 77 Indian is in pretty nice shape...that could be a $2000 coin ! I'd be very carefull about getting that last little bit of dirt off.
 
Awesome finds ! That 77 Indian is in pretty nice shape...that could be a $2000 coin ! I'd be very carefull about getting that last little bit of dirt off.
I'm done cleaning, I would like to have it professionally cleaned and graded. I could use some info on how to get that done.
Thanks,
Bob
 
I'm done cleaning, I would like to have it professionally cleaned and graded. I could use some info on how to get that done.
Thanks,
Bob
I'm no expert but I can tell you what I would do.If it was mine I would very gently dab it without rolling or rubbing it with a wet Qtip ...then I would sell it and buy mucho cheesecake and a new etrac. :laughing7:
 
You will probably want to send it to Numismatic Conservation Services for conservation. First you will need to join NGC. Then they will do it all for you, based on the estimated value of the coin.

I'm voting banner on this.

Congratulations!
 
I agree with Neil, this is a banner find. You don't see 77s popping up too much.
 
You had a great day detecting at a very good spot. Congrats on the seateds, mers, and the Injuns.

That 1877 looks like to be in excellent condition, please be careful with it. Other than NGC of cleaning & grading your coin, which is the only I know of that will clean your coin, may I suggest the one I utilized in getting some of my key dates authenticated & graded.

I've always used ANACS. You can send the coin in yourself, along with the form and check and they will do the rest. There are many options on the website that you can choose from. I used a 5 day turnaround and I had my coin back encapsulated, authenticated, and graded in 10 days from the day I shipped it. Right now, its only $29.00, and no clubs to join, but there are other options for you. Check out the website. Oh yea, banner vote from me also. Good luck...............Rich

ANACS - America's Oldest Coin Authentication and Grading Service
 
Love the patina on that beast and the dates about as old as I've seen from an indian head penny. Not to mention the condition is immaculate.
 
Congrats:occasion14: really nice IH
 
Great coins man! Who would of ever thought that a penny would be worth so much more than 3 silver dimes? I'll vote banner on that IH for sure.:coffee2:
 
You just got my banner vote. Amazing coin, amazing shape! Great value.
 
Yep I vote banner too.
 
Yeah...I'll go banner on this....you just don't see them...nice find bro
 
Holy Crap! What a beauty ~ Awsome!
 
Last edited:
Nice finds. Like almost everyone else above i vote banner also. The 1877 just doesn't pop up that often. Congrats.
 
That hunt rocks!!! fine IH by the way...................HH
 
That's a great find
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom