What's new

1904 Political Tag, SWEET!👍

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,946
Reaction score
19,958
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So my buddy John and I went door knocking yesterday, meager finds overall, he did better than me. The only notable find was this guy. It’s a 1904 Republican advertisement featuring Teddy Roosevelt and Charles Fairbanks. It was most likely used as a watch fob….
@FreeBirdTim found one just like it about 10 years ago, now I got one!
image.webp

Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 21
BWD,
Great catch !!
Don in SoCal
 
Sweet find! That fob is on my bucket list. What machine do you use and what was the VDI if I may ask?
I use the manticore. I don’t recall the VDI specifically, as I focus more on tones, repeatability, and the center line sweet spot. Had to have been in the 70s, as I was trying to cherry pick in a yard full of trash.
 
I use the manticore. I don’t recall the VDI specifically, as I focus more on tones, repeatability, and the center line sweet spot. Had to have been in the 70s, as I was trying to cherry pick in a yard full of trash.
Thank you for the information! I hope to find one someday! It’s good to see they’re still out there.
 
I believe those were made to look like a railroad baggage tag as they made a lot of "whistle stops" on the campaign trail.
Good call Steve, that makes sense!
 
So my buddy John and I went door knocking yesterday, meager finds overall, he did better than me. The only notable find was this guy. It’s a 1904 Republican advertisement featuring Teddy Roosevelt and Charles Fairbanks. It was most likely used as a watch fob….
@FreeBirdTim found one just like it about 10 years ago, now I got one!
View attachment 2264312
Thanks for looking!:hello:
Very cool! Nice piece of history!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom