What's new

1904 Worlds Fair Brass Siren Whistle

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all !
Not exactly todays find, but recent.
took a little while to research, It is a souvenier whistle from the 1904 St Louis exhibition, probably an advertising tie in to the then new 'Whistle' soda.
It is actually a 'Develine' whistle dating from 1895
with a '1904 Worlds Fair Souvenier' stamp.
match about 2/3rds down this page: http://whistlemuseum.com/
Turbine inside still spins when you blow it, no sound though. :P
Thought it was just another lipstick when first dug.
Cool little find to go with the lead toys.
Thanks for looking :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 05-14 032.webp
    NH FINDS 05-14 032.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,131
  • NH FINDS 05-14 033.webp
    NH FINDS 05-14 033.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • NH FINDS 05-14 034.webp
    NH FINDS 05-14 034.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Whistle.webp
    Whistle.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,055
Upvote 0
I had an old whistle kind of like that one back in school, use to annoy the hell out of the teachers !!!!! :laughing9:

Great find for sure!!!! :headbang:
 
artzstuff1 said:
I had an old whistle kind of like that one back in school, use to annoy the hell out of the teachers !!!!! :laughing9:

Great find for sure!!!! :headbang:
Me too Art!
It was pressed & painted tin or steel, Still got it somewhere :icon_scratch:
Man, you could make that whistle loud ;D
 
treasurepirate1 said:
i only have a plastic siren whistle
I wonder if they make plastic detectors :laughing7:
 
steelheadwill said:
treasurepirate1 said:
i only have a plastic siren whistle
I wonder if they make plastic detectors :laughing7:
haha i don't think so, that would be a funny thing to watch someone do, plastic detecting :laughing7:. i got it out of a Christmas cracker, i could post a picture but it's really not worth doing, it's neon green and cylindrical
 
treasurepirate1 said:
steelheadwill said:
treasurepirate1 said:
i only have a plastic siren whistle
I wonder if they make plastic detectors :laughing7:
haha i don't think so, that would be a funny thing to watch someone do, plastic detecting :laughing7:. i got it out of a Christmas cracker, i could post a picture but it's really not worth doing, it's neon green and cylindrical
I know the tin one I have is LOUD :hello:
 
Re: Brass Develine Whistle

I just came across mine that's been sitting around in a box, and found this thread. I had to give mine a drop or two of oil, but it's Loud. Mine has 2 patents on it, same Apr 16, 1895 date. Mossberg Wrench Co., Central Falls, RI. Definitely a cool find with a detector ; )
 

Attachments

  • Develine_whistle.webp
    Develine_whistle.webp
    268.5 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom